1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new "super conference" per ringo

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BehindEnemyLines, Jul 13, 2009.

1. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Since mr kyle put it out there, maybe there's some ideas/comments about the proposed "super conference" that could replace the current ncaa set up. Here's how he aligned the schools -- what are your thoughts:

East -- Boston College, Maryland, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, East Carolina, Syracuse, Florida State, South Carolina.

Atlantic -- Clemson, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Virginia, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Rutgers, South Florida.

Southeast -- Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Auburn, Mississippi State, Miami (Fla.).

Midwest -- Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota, Illinois, Louisville.

Central -- LSU, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Missouri, Kansas, Purdue, Indiana, Tulsa.

Southwest -- Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas A&M, Arkansas, TCU.

Mountain -- Colorado, Utah, Boise State, Arizona State, Arizona, Stanford, Wisconsin, Nebraska.

West -- USC, Oregon, Oregon State, California, UCLA, Washington, BYU, Notre Dame.

East -- Boston College, Maryland, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, East Carolina, Syracuse, Florida State, South Carolina.

Atlantic -- Clemson, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Virginia, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Rutgers, South Florida.

Southeast -- Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Auburn, Mississippi State, Miami (Fla.).

Midwest -- Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota, Illinois, Louisville.

Central -- LSU, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Missouri, Kansas, Purdue, Indiana, Tulsa.

Southwest -- Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas A&M, Arkansas, TCU.

Mountain -- Colorado, Utah, Boise State, Arizona State, Arizona, Stanford, Wisconsin, Nebraska.

West -- USC, Oregon, Oregon State, California, UCLA, Washington, BYU, Notre Dame.

Initial comments:

1. Why are the fuskers and Wisconsin in the "Mountain" division?

2. Why is Sotre Lame in the West?

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

1. Because he is an idot

2. See 1

JimmyBuff likes this.
  3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

For the record, Woelk wrote the article (not Ringo).

And only one thing can adequately explain that column. :canabis:

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Well, I guess the BDC gets some good drugs for their reporters.. :lol:

Its even a dumber idea of CU joining the PAC 10. :lol:

the funny one is Penn State will play in the "Midwest" yet a team west of them (Pitt) will play in the Atlantic.. Should I send him a map of the United States?:lol:

5. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

:lol::lol::lol:

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

like i posted in another thread, G Tech in the central?

7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

The whole idea of these schools leaving the NCAA to form a super conference is a little much for me.

I think college football is in need of a fix here and there. Not a complete overhaul.

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

sure, but it wasn't until OU and UGA sued the NCAA under Sherman Anti-trust that we even had more than a couple TV games on Saturdays.

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just saw that.. Totally absurd.. He must think Atlanta is in Arkansas or something.. :lol:

I am going to email Woelk a map.. :smile2:

10. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Okay, fair enough. You start a thread after consuming several San Miguels.

Still fun to speculate tho......

11. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I like Woelk, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I have seen out of him.:wow:

12. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

Why would any school want to leave the NCAA, do they hate money? The variance of costs due to the football and bball has effectively halted the growth of collegiate sports. Remove the cost ceiling from one of the two and you may as well cut half your sports.

13. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Huskers make more sense than Stanford.

14. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

Sofa King

15. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sofa King What? :smile2:

16. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

What you bring up is why a plan such as this would never fly. Even if somebody led a revolt and tried to create this post-NCAA super conference, the fighting over who plays in which division would last forever. Trying to balance location with traditional rivalries. Couldn't be done.

17. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Kyle must really be bored to tears to come up with this double dumb idea. I agree, changes need to be made, but some of this is over the top.