1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The O-Line sucked balls on Saturday

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by lvbuff, Sep 6, 2010.

1. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Will wait until grading comes out to comment...

2. Hi.O

Hi.O Member

Didn't seem that bad. It wasn't dominate but it wasn't last year horrible either.

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Not much pressure from the front 4. Where were the de's besides west?

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

But you already did comment in your title:smile2:

I didn't think it was bad. We controled the line of scrimmage on both sides, a night and day difference from last year. Still have a lot of work to do though. Not great, not bad.

5. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

even in an OL thread, you go DL on us:lol:

6. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

There were 2 sacks in the game, and one will most likely be credited to the RB (I believe it was Lockeridge). Blocking wise I thought they did really well. The part that needs work are the 4 (or was it 5) penalties they had.

Hansen had good time, and Speedy didn't have to make his first cut on most runs until he crossed the line of scrimmage. They can improve, but that is a hell of a lot better than last year.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The pre-snap penalties were the biggest negative on Saturday, but overall they played okay. Not great, not bad either. The unit is still a work in progress.

8. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Thats the problem, why is it still a work in progress?

9. Duff Man

Because the coaches cannot settle on a starting five. Anyone watching that game knows Iltis should be the starter from here on out at LG. But will we see it?

10. buffsyko

Sorry thought you said DL, drinking ....

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm still unconvinced that running out of the shotgun is going to work. I prefer the power I formation with two wides and a TE. Better matchups that way. But I didn't think the OL did poorly at all. In fact, I think they pretty well dominated the LOS. Look at Hansen's TD. They were a yard out and just pushed the entire lammie DL a good three yards into the end zone.

12. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The OL contributed to a solid W.

So quitcherbitchin.

Save that sucks balz stuff for a loss.

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

OFFENSIVE LINE STATISTICS
    Play Count--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Season Totals------------------------------ High Games--------------------------------------------------- Game Counts
    Player CSU CAL HAW UGA MU BU TTU OU KU ISU KSU NU Plays F/K TDB QBS PRS PEN Grade (minimum 10 snaps) Finishes & KDs High 80%+ (90+) 5+F/K
    ADKINS ....................... 25 25 2 0 1 0 1 80% / Colorado State 2 / Colorado State 1 (0) 0
    BAKHTIARI ................. 47 47 6 0 0 0 1 91% / Colorado State 6 / Colorado State 1 (1) 1
    DANIELS ..................... 12 12 1 0 0 0 0 83% / Colorado State 1 / Colorado State 1 (0) 0
    GIVENS ....................... 13 13 2 0 0 0 0 92% / Colorado State 2 / Colorado State 1 (1) 0
    ILTIS ............................ 35 35 3 0 0 0 0 91% / Colorado State 3 / Colorado State 1 (1) 0
    MILLER ....................... 60 60 7 0 0 2 0 84% / Colorado State 7 / Colorado State 1 (0) 1
    SOLDER ...................... 60 60 18 0 0 0 1 96% / Colorado State 18 / Colorado State 1 (1) 1
    STEVENS..................... 48 48 2 1 0 1 1 81% / Colorado State 2 / Colorado State 1 (0) 0

Interesting. Worst games were by Adkins and Stevens. 2d Tier were Miller and Daniels, with the best performances by our tackles. Both RT's, Bahk and Givens, graded out over 90%. Generally, 90% correlates to a good game in the years I've been following this staffs "grading". 95+ = Very impressive and it doesn't happen much. Solder got 96%.

Really hope this means Iltis takes the LG spot. Adkins has never impressed, and our best games came late in the year last year with Iltis playing LG. Also, what does it say when Daniels has a better game than our Senior award watch list Center after only being a dedicated center for 2 or 3 weeks?

FWIW, from what I saw the team just moved better with Iltis and Daniels in. They were in for that 82 yard TD drive. Also, it seems like Bahk may have the edge on Givens in pass blocking, but Givens is the better run blocker. Either way, the RT spot seems pretty damn solid for the next few years. Good problem to have! Perhaps one of them can bulk up a bit?

Also, good to see Solder playing well. 18 finishes! That man looks to be set for one hell of a Senior season. Hope Miller can step it up and join him at that level. He is a RS Junior now and needs to be dominating.

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Based on those grades, Iltis won the LG spot on Saturday.

Center and RT should see some rotation still. But I believe Givens wins that job back once he's 100% healthy.

15. Duff Man

Agreed on all counts. The struggles of Stevens are a bit surprising, but it sure seems like Daniels did not exactly dominate either.

16. buffsyko

Miller was pancaking people left and right,suprised his % isn't higher. Pick 5 and stick with it.

17. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Im all for picking five and rolling with it, but the best 5. You guys think Stevens is still the top center?

18. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

I thought the O-line looked good. A few penalties that shoudl be easy to clean up and I liked the pocket. CSU D-line was overmatched physically and I thought we could have lined up in an I and pounded them a little more. I would really like to hear a better analysis of why you thought they "sucked balls." I think this is going to be a strong point this year.

19. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Two problems:

1. The only Iformation stuff we run seems to be the "buffalo" package with converted linemen as FBs... and when we ran it, the converted lineman totally whiffed his block and speedy got stopped for no gain.

2. We don't have any fullbacks, so running the I will be difficult :lol:

20. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

That's right. Our starting fullback is UCLA's center, right? : )

21. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Hopefully those converted O-lineman (to fullbacks) will get better with a little more PT. But you are absolutely correct, they missed their blocks pretty badly.