What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Official BC Bama/lsu thread

the reference threw me a bit as well. i don't know enough about southern colloquial terms to know if this was a racial perjorative or not... i am at work and afraid to google it. can someone help me out and confirm that it is, in fact, not racist?

thanks.

i'm serious, by the way (which i know you may find to be unusual).
I believe it's a reference to Cajun folk. Not pejorative at all. Used to work with an idiot from LSU who referred to himself that way all the time.

All Cajuns proudly refer to themselves as "coonass". Not racist. Not pejorative...just a Lousiana thing.

ok, then i will let it stand as written.

walter, i hope you don't think we'd tolerate racism here-- it is the fastest track to perma-ban that we have.

anyhow...

carry on with the merriment.

Charlie, your problem is you are too stupid to understand you can't dish it out, and not be able to take it. If this board is too much for you, take your fat red ***** neck somewhere else.

It is funny how you try and be helpful and condescending in the same post. I have been on lincoln log boards tougher than this one. I will be fine.

the reference threw me a bit as well. i don't know enough about southern colloquial terms to know if this was a racial perjorative or not... i am at work and afraid to google it. can someone help me out and confirm that it is, in fact, not racist?

thanks.

i'm serious, by the way (which i know you may find to be unusual).

A coonass is a cajun redneck. It has nothing to do with race even though about 99.9% percent of coonasses are crackers. Coonass said in the wrong tone of voice will get you an asskicking.

A coonass is a cajun redneck. It has nothing to do with race even though about 99.9% percent of coonasses are crackers. Coonass said in the wrong tone of voice will get you an asskicking.

Liver,

Just think of this as a cultural exchange program.

[video=youtube;lRzzS4pan8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRzzS4pan8o[/video]

This video ain´t bad. Ain´t bad at all.

Don't piss off BC. He'll put you on the list. Then he'll start using abbreviations that you've never heard of just to confuse you. He's tricky that way.

Oh, and I'll say it again - I love me some SEC football. I'm glad CU is playing tomorrow because I'll get a chance to see the LSU/Bama game. Say whatever you want to about their hygene, lack of formal education, inability to string together a cohesive sentence, amorous relations with various relatives and such, those Southern boys know how to play football.

Who cares who wins... the University of SEC wins and that's all that matters. The fans of the losing team will revert to rooting for the best team in the conference rather than their own team. Why do you think Texas A&M was so anxious to get in the SEC? They wanted their 1/13th share of the last 5 National Titles for the SEC. They will be given 5/13ths of a Coaches Trophy next year... Vanderbilt and Kentucky fans will be very disappointed because they will have to give up some of their ration.

Last edited:
Who cares who wins... the University of SEC wins and that's all that matters. The fans of the losing team will revert to rooting for the best team in the conference rather than their own team. Why do you think Texas A&M was so anxious to get in the SEC? They wanted their 1/13th share of the last 5 National Titles for the SEC. They will be given 5/13ths of a Coaches Trophy next year... Vanderbilt and Kentucky fans will be very disappointed because they will have to give up some of their ration.

That is not true. If lsu wins I wont cheer for those drunk sumbitches.

hmmm. i thought we left the drooling mouth breathers behind in the big 12. and now, we are hosting one from uw. who knew?

All Cajuns proudly refer to themselves as "coonass". Not racist. Not pejorative...just a Lousiana thing.
You don't know what you are talking about. I'm from Louisiana, and if you wanted to insult somebody you called them a "coonass". It's like calling someone a redneck or hick. If you don't believe me, if you are ever in a Cajun bar, just start calling everyone "coonass". Also make sure you have good dental insurance.
What's so bad about getting your ass kicked when you are having fun calling a Cajun a "coonass"?

Back