What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Official Colorado v Nibblets BBall Game Thread - FACT!

It's nice to see people have returned to this thread after disappearing into la-la land over the past hour. :lol:

Anyway, I would actually prefer the 6-seed to the 5 because then if by some chance we get to the semi's we wouldn't have to go up against the jaylucks. Not to mention the fact that we wouldn't have to play K-State in the 2nd round because they're on a roll now.

Good job buffs, now you need a win in the tourney and should be going to the dance, digger and the boys like the buffs.

It's nice to see people have returned to this thread after disappearing into la-la land over the past hour. :lol:

Anyway, I would actually prefer the 6-seed to the 5 because then if by some chance we get to the semi's we wouldn't have to go up against the jaylucks. Not to mention the fact that we wouldn't have to play K-State in the 2nd round because they're on a roll now.

Texas looks like they are going to win. #5 seed it is.

how the hell do you think some of these people have ANY green dots under their name???? But be careful. Doing it too often makes it less special...

how the hell do you think some of these people have ANY green dots under their name???? But be careful. Doing it too often makes it less special...

Is it just me or do the green dots look the same for everyone? OK there's a very subtle difference between light green and dark green dots, but even at that it still looks the same for everyone. :huh:

fixed it for you, er...me!

I have paid my $15.....

I know. That's why I fixed it for me!

I got no idea about the green dots. They look the same to me too.

Texas looks like they are going to win. #5 seed it is.

Sucks to have to face KSU in KC in the quarterfinals, but a Baylor win tonight would have been far worse. If the Buffs can just beat ISU they should be in. (Sound familiar?)

Sucks to have to face KSU in KC in the quarterfinals, but a Baylor win tonight would have been far worse. If the Buffs can just beat ISU they should be in. (Sound familiar?)

They should do okay against Iowa State, that will put them at 20 wins and insure that they are .500 against the league. I think that even with KSU playing well we have their number this year. Buffs have as good a chance against them as anyone they could get in the second round. Playing KU in KC on the other hand is a no hoper. They are well coached and just have way to much talent. Add the home crowd and the experience factor and KU ends it for whatever team the end up against. If the Buffs can win two before KU they should be almost a lock for the tourney though.

Just got back from the game. Crowd was electric tonight and the atmosphere was big time college basketball. Marcus, Levi and Higgins were fantstic on Senior night. Great team win. It was also great to meet Snow and Rugged at the Darkhorse. My 12 year old son is sold and asking for season tickets next year. He and I were 4 for 4 on games we went to and saw 4 sell outs (Ok St, K St, Texas, and NU).

Yeah the crowd was amazing, and hardly and corn dildos in the stadium. The shirts that the players threw out were so freaking small though, caught one and was happy but it turned out to be a little kid shirt, so I gave it some girl. The ones they were handing out though were nice and will make a nice cut off shirt.

Anyone else think the refs were absolutly terrible?

Yeah the crowd was amazing
Just got back from the game. Crowd was electric tonight and the atmosphere was big time college basketball.

You guys and I have must have very different definitions of "amazing" and "electric." It was better then it has been for most games this season and certainley better then it has been in years past, but we still have a long way to go. Fans of schools like KU or Duke would laugh at the notion that that was a "big time" college basketball atmoshere. Half the people in the crowd didint even put on there damn white t-shirts. We started the game on an 11-0 run and not a single ass left its chair but then when Chip comes around with gift certificate to red robin or some crappy place like that people are shooting out of their seats. My favorite thing our fans do is stand up and cheer when we are playing well and our opponent calls a time out, stay standing thoughout the entire timeout, and then sit down and stop making noise the second the other team inbounds the ball. Also, memo to the fans, you dont have to be a student to wear some piece of CU clothing to the game or to participate in a chant and/or school song. I actually think that was the worst atmosphere out of the 5 sellouts weve had this year but it was also the least exciting game out of those 5 so I suppose they go hand in hand. Rome wasint built in day. Hopefully as the progam continues to get better, the attendance and atmosphere will as well. Its all about building a culture, fans and team alike.

You guys and I have must have very different definitions of "amazing" and "electric." It was better then it has been for most games this season and certainley better then it has been in years past, but we still have a long way to go. Fans of schools like KU or Duke would laugh at the notion that that was a "big time" college basketball atmoshere. Half the people in the crowd didint even put on there damn white t-shirts. We started the game on an 11-0 run and not a single ass left its chair but then when Chip comes around with gift certificate to red robin or some crappy place like that people are shooting out of their seats. My favorite thing our fans do is stand up and cheer when we are playing well and our opponent calls a time out, stay standing thoughout the entire timeout, and then sit down and stop making noise the second the other team inbounds the ball. Also, memo to the fans, you dont have to be a student to wear some piece of CU clothing to the game or to participate in a chant and/or school song. I actually think that was the worst atmosphere out of the 5 sellouts weve had this year but it was also the least exciting game out of those 5 so I suppose they go hand in hand. Rome wasint built in day. Hopefully as the progam continues to get better, the attendance and atmosphere will as well. Its all about building a culture, fans and team alike.

Buzz=killed

We've got a ways to go in making Coors a "feared" place to play, but this sure as hell beats Nebraska games of recent years with 5k in attendance. It is a little strange how many people didn't wear the white shirts - I think it has to do with forming a line for the shirts instead of placing them in every seat. Fairly good job of keeping the Red out, it has been worse in that department.

..... It is a little strange how many people didn't wear the white shirts - I think it has to do with forming a line for the shirts instead of placing them in every seat. ......

I agree that there were too many people who did not put the shirts on. But there's an interesting question with the way to distribute the shirts. The way CU did it yesterday, you get your choice of size so you potentially get a more usable shirt. If the shirts are pre-distributed, with one draped over each seat in advance of the game, you get a better look (even any empty seats appear to be wearing the shirt) because everyone has a shirt and more will likely be worn but then its "one size fits all" which we know isn't true.

I also think that this concept of a white-out game may need time for some folks to catch on to the idea.

Were the shirts distributed at the gate or once you already inside the CEC?? To give out 11,000 shirts individually based on size requests sounds like a major PITA...

Shirts were distributed at tables on the concourse....huge signs on the wall behind the tables told which size was at each table.

Unfortunately and embarrassingly, I haven't been to a game for a few seasons until last night. The crowd definitely is not like Izzone or the Crazies, but that was still a great crowd. The cheers were organized, and the fans were louder. I give Bohn credit for helping the bball atmosphere grow, but I think he needs to do one major thing. Let the students sit behind the benches, courtside. In my opinion, that's the main way you're going to make CEC a more intimidating place to play. (also figure a way to get students behind the other basket...sort of lame that you can shoot a free throw without any background interruptions)

**** you. red robbin is not a crappy place.

Have you ever been to a KU game? I would not say that KU is much better than what we had going on, I actually think KU is pretty lame. Yes they get really loud at times, but then its quiet, like creepy quiet. Then they do stupid chants (Rock Chalk), and clapping crap. KU is a intiminating place to play mostly because of the teams it produces, not because of the croud.

Duke is pretty crazy, although I hate duke. But many of the ACC schools have very loud and intiminating atomospheres, simular to how it was at Texas for the second half, but for every game its like that, and it starts before the game starts.

Coors is becoming a good atmosphere place, yes there is a lot of improvement to be had, but its getting better. What really needs to be worked on is having ritual chants. Simular to "I think were gonna win" chant from Utah State, something that the entire place just goes nuts for. The fight song isnt too bad, but let's go buffs doesnt cut it.

Have you ever been to a KU game? I would not say that KU is much better than what we had going on, I actually think KU is pretty lame. Yes they get really loud at times, but then its quiet, like creepy quiet. Then they do stupid chants (Rock Chalk), and clapping crap. KU is a intiminating place to play mostly because of the teams it produces, not because of the croud.

Duke is pretty crazy, although I hate duke. But many of the ACC schools have very loud and intiminating atomospheres, simular to how it was at Texas for the second half, but for every game its like that, and it starts before the game starts.

Coors is becoming a good atmosphere place, yes there is a lot of improvement to be had, but its getting better. What really needs to be worked on is having ritual chants. Simular to "I think were gonna win" chant from Utah State, something that the entire place just goes nuts for. The fight song isnt too bad, but let's go buffs doesnt cut it.

1. Your handle is lame.
2. You have some good points.
3. Don't you EVER, EVER, EVER talk **** about the fight song again. 99% of the teams in college football would KILL for a fight song as cool as ours. And yes, saying it is "ok" is talking **** about it.

"similar"
"intimidating"

I know that it is lame to point out things like this, but, holy crap, if you are going to use words more than once in your post, check the spelling. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that "croud" is just a typo, even though the u on my keyboard is nowhere near the w. :bang:

Oh, and what Snow said.

We have the best damn fight song in the world.

VT sings the "hokie pokie", UVA sings a version of Auld Lang Syne with the line "Where all is bright and gay" in it. KU's "Rock Chalk" and "waving the wheat" are among the dumbest traditions i've ever seen. KSU doing the Wabash and their little "K-S-U Wilcatsssss!" **** is terrible, and who the hell knows what some of these schools in the Pac do.

We can most definitely improve the atmosphere in Coors and we will. It takes time to change these things, and we've done pretty damn well considering we had Big12 games a few years ago where we were lucky to have 5-6k show up, and the "sell-outs" were takeovers by opposing fans. Based on attendance this season, we'll be one of the top schools in the Pac in fan support for basketball.

Most of the ACC schools have good atmospheres - when they're doing well. They're just as vulnerable to the apathy that consistent losing brings as anyone else. Hell, UNC can't even get that loud even when they're #1 and selling out every game. Dean Dome doesn't hold noise. Cameron and the Comcast Center are about the only two places that will be loud as hell consistently. GT, FSU, Miami, BC can get so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

Last edited:
Back