What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The official I hate Dan Hawkins and his coaches thread..

I'm still firmly on the Hawkins bandwagon. I like him. I am just tired of him getting a consistent free pass. He coached his 23rd game for CU today. He has been here nearly two full seasons now. If a team collapses like it today, the coaches need to take some heat. Pretty simple.

Yep, that pretty much sums up my feelings, too. I still like Hawk, but it's time that he and his staff answer for a complete meltdown like happened today.

This loss was an absolute embarassment and the coaching staff should be taking the brunt of the criticism. The 4th and 1 was a terrible call and sure that changed the game but what about the awful coaching after they put up 2 straight TD's, do you think maybe we could double up on Blythe, th eonly guy on the field that could hurt us? They saw it slipping away and they did nothing! The offensive play calling stayed the same and they sat back in a terrible defense.

Cody needs to hit the weight room this off season because the kid has heart but no arm. We have no deep threat because he can't throw a ball deep.

I am scared about this Nebraska game and unless hawk can somehow light a fire we are going to get rolled again at home on national tv.

21-0 lead to a ****ing 2-8 Iowa State team.. 31 unanswered points..
Frickin debacle..

And what the **** is Hawk clapping his hands for, we frickin SUCKED in the 2nd half..

Officially off the Hawk bandwagon and on the fence on whether he can actually turn this program around.. Ridiculous..

See ya...Door...ass...way out.....

Last edited:
You are in complete denial and I question your football intelligence if you think this was some kind of moral victory or something..

21-0 on the road to a 2-8 FOOTBALL TEAM.. And Iowa State ain't frickin Texas..

This possibly might be the worse and most embarassing loss CU has ever had..
Jimmy, every time you get on a rant like this you sound like...
veruca_salt.jpg

Hate Hawkins? WTF?
Disapointment in his performance against the North? Yes.
Hate? No.

People dont seem to understand that though. Every loss under Hawkins theyll still say well its a lot better than 70-3. We must stop comparing **** to the past as it matters not, but if you really want to i can make quite a few cases why this loss is just as bad.

make em them, how about getting smoked by Iowa state and then backing into the north title. how about getting the **** beat out of us at home by /neb 2 years ago? how about a week ago getting smoked at home?

I'm really surprised at all the negative talk about Hawkins. Yes, this loss was inexcusable given the halftime lead and the coaching staff deserves plenty of blame, but there were also plenty of dropped balls and bad throws, plus they really missed Wheatley and Walters in the secondary.

Hawk sure was the right guy after we knocked off OU and it's way too early to give up on him now.

I'm really surprised at all the negative talk about Hawkins. Yes, this loss was inexcusable given the halftime lead and the coaching staff deserves plenty of blame, but there were also plenty of dropped balls and bad throws, plus they really missed Wheatley and Walters in the secondary.

Hawk sure was the right guy after we knocked off OU and it's way too early to give up on him now.

Exactly! Mac went 1-10 in his 3rd year. I get the feeling that if some of the people on this board were in charge back then they would have fired Mac after that year and we all know how huge a mistake that would have been. I takes time you spoiled whiny sons of bitches!

are you stupid??????

vince young and the national champions vs. a team that has won 2 ****ing games.

Not so much because how in the hell would a team with 2 wins make it to the Big XII championship game?

So really, who IS the stupid one, me? Or you?

Next?

yeah montana state was worse, and all you ****ing cry babies if I told you we were going 5-7 or 6-6 with wins over CSU and the #3 team in the country in august you would have been ecstatic, **** half of you were saying 55-10 against OU would have been respectable for us.

One other this we all knew coming into this season we were going to **** the bed and loose one game that we should have won becuase of our youth and our depth. well it just happened its not the end of the world.

You are in complete denial and I question your football intelligence if you think this was some kind of moral victory or something..

21-0 on the road to a 2-8 FOOTBALL TEAM.. And Iowa State ain't frickin Texas..

This possibly might be the worse and most embarassing loss CU has ever had..

You possibly might be the worse and most embarrassing fan CU has ever had.

Then you probably remember 39-37 too then, right? :thumbsup:

70-3 >>>>>>>>>>> 39-37.

this is way too easy.

You see, while this is a buff board. We as fans should still be able to call a spade a spade.

I'd rather have 70-3 coming from us, than having it come to us.

or he might just live in Superior Colorado you ****ing asshat.

You'd know him better than i do. He could live in Superior _______ whatever default state. But why don't you quit hanging from SBuffs ball sac, and fight your own battles,... on the other hand, it gives me an oppurtunity to kill two birds with one stone.

21-0 lead to a ****ing 2-8 Iowa State team.. 31 unanswered points..
Frickin debacle..

And what the **** is Hawk clapping his hands for, we frickin SUCKED in the 2nd half..

Officially off the Hawk bandwagon and on the fence on whether he can actually turn this program around.. Ridiculous..

COOL!!!! :dance:
JIMMY'S BACK!!!!
JIMMY'S BACK!!!!!!

Welcome back dude!!! Just wasn't the same without ya Jimbo!!! :lol:

Sure Hawk and co. screwed the pooch on Sat., but this is not the most embarrassing loss. Anyone who feels that way has either come down with Alzheimer’s, or just became a fan after the Montana State game.

Yes.

Is it that hard to put some blame on Hawkins? Geez.

I think a lot of people seem to think putting some blame on Hawk means we want to get rid of him. I've already said above (as you have as well) that I don't want to get rid of the guy, just want to see him take some heat for mistakes that fall on him and his staff.

Bill McCartney was the best coach in recent times that you have had. But not as good as Barry Switzer or Bob Stoops, maybe Hawk should read their book and get a clue. :thumbsup: Yep that's what you need, another promise keeper for a coach. They have connections.

WIMSooner_415ht.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Barry responsible for your program almost getting the 'Death Penalty' by the NCAA? I know the NCAA doesn't have the balls to **** with a program as big as ou, but how can you still worship the guy when he's responsible for your ncaa violations? Not a flame. I am really curious to hear your answer.

Last edited:
Isn't Barry responsible for your program almost getting the 'Death Penalty' by the NCAA? I know the NCAA doesn't have the balls to **** with a program as big as ou, but how can you still worship the guy when he's responsible for your ncaa violations? Not a flame. I am really curious to here your answer.

You mean the guy that actually replaced Homecoming with Handgun and Hard Liquor Night?:lol:

Back