What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The official I hate Dan Hawkins and his coaches thread..

You'd know him better than i do. He could live in Superior _______ whatever default state. But why don't you quit hanging from SBuffs ball sac, and fight your own battles,... on the other hand, it gives me an oppurtunity to kill two birds with one stone.

...umm...I have a feeling that MOST people on these boards easily understood that Superior Buff resides in Superior...maybe it's just me and I like to simplify things...I don't know...

"fight your own battles"...but in your post, weren't you the one coming to protect Jimmy's ass from getting hurt?...

I hate reading the **** that JimmyBuff writes - it's all nonsense and way too schizo...I just hope that you support your Buffs financially at least, because it's painfully obvious that you aren't a true, loyal fan. You may have more Buffs gear, gone to more games, etc. than me, but you still really suck as a fan. Hope your money at least goes to the cause of Buffs sports, because your heart sucks ass.

I hearby request everyone to stop quoting that asshat, because then I still see his posts. Put him on ignore like most of the rest of us and let him wither away due to lack of interest. Anytime you respond to him you just encourage him to stick around.

And what I just said for Jimmybuff goes for twoadays also!!!:smile2::lol:

...umm...I have a feeling that MOST people on these boards easily understood that Superior Buff resides in Superior...maybe it's just me and I like to simplify things...I don't know...

"fight your own battles"...but in your post, weren't you the one coming to protect Jimmy's ass from getting hurt?...

I hate reading the **** that JimmyBuff writes - it's all nonsense and way too schizo...I just hope that you support your Buffs financially at least, because it's painfully obvious that you aren't a true, loyal fan. You may have more Buffs gear, gone to more games, etc. than me, but you still really suck as a fan. Hope your money at least goes to the cause of Buffs sports, because your heart sucks ass.

well if you hate reading negative posts, deal with it instead of nagging like women.

It's funny seeing people bitching about bitching.

I think a lot of people seem to think putting some blame on Hawk means we want to get rid of him. I've already said above (as you have as well) that I don't want to get rid of the guy, just want to see him take some heat for mistakes that fall on him and his staff.

Exactly.

I'm sure that more than a few Husker fan's would trade you Billy for the Hawk, K-state fans would trade you Prince in exchange, you can probably ad A&M, Tech, Baylor................that's just the no brainers in the big 12. Last year Mizzou would have traded up as well and if you catch them on the right day at Okie state they would at least give it consideration.

You are correct. Calling a coach to the mat for what he is responsible for is not a bashing or get rid of him post. It's fair, it's correct and it is necessary. All coaches or at least all winning coaches are accountable. The good ones are accountable when they lose as well.

I'm sure that more than a few Husker fan's would trade you Billy for the Hawk, K-state fans would trade you Prince in exchange, you can probably ad A&M, Tech, Baylor................that's just the no brainers in the big 12. Last year Mizzou would have traded up as well and if you catch them on the right day at Okie state they would at least give it consideration.

You are correct. Calling a coach to the mat for what he is responsible for is not a bashing or get rid of him post. It's fair, it's correct and it is necessary. All coaches or at least all winning coaches are accountable. The good ones are accountable when they lose as well.

Hmmm... I can see the logic there.

This isn't directed at you, or any of the other level-headed posters that I've seen on this site, but my 2 cents are that a lot of people need to calm down. I know that Hawk effed up, you know it, and I think that he knows it; but to say that you hate Hawk based mostly upon one loss (granted, a mismanaged loss to a 2-8 team that denied us bowl eligibility for another two weeks:wink2:) is as close to an irrational knee-jerk reaction as I think that you can get.

But it sounds like most are in agreement, and I would think that a lot of people are more interested (myself included) in talking about what went wrong, and why, and how much Hawk was responsible.

A lot of people point to the failed 4th down conversion from the 43 while up by 21. I agree (in hindsight) that it's the wrong call there, and I think that if I'm the coach and I'm going to go for it, I probably let my big guys up front get it for me with either a sneak or a dive rather than the misdirection. With that said, does that decision to go for it there help foster what I percieve to be the Hawk mentality? A "no prisoners, killer instinct, go big or go home philosophy?"

I think that that attitude was part of what won us the Oklahoma game for several reasons, which I can detail if you'd like. Long story short, I think that there was no way that Barnett lost a game like this, but there is no way he would have won a game like the Oklahoma game.

I'd be interested in hearing what other people think.

Hmmm... I can see the logic there.

I think that that attitude was part of what won us the Oklahoma game for several reasons, which I can detail if you'd like. Long story short, I think that there was no way that Barnett lost a game like this, but there is no way he would have won a game like the Oklahoma game.

Very nice.:thumbsup:

A lot of people point to the failed 4th down conversion from the 43 while up by 21. I agree (in hindsight) that it's the wrong call there, and I think that if I'm the coach and I'm going to go for it, I probably let my big guys up front get it for me with either a sneak or a dive rather than the misdirection. With that said, does that decision to go for it there help foster what I percieve to be the Hawk mentality? A "no prisoners, killer instinct, go big or go home philosophy?"

Even the ISU players said after the game that they were out of it until CU got stuffed on 4th down. They all said that was the turning point in the game.

There's a difference between being aggressive (which is good) and being dumb (which is not). Hawk is not a dumb coach - far from it. But that was a dumb call.

Even the ISU players said after the game that they were out of it until CU got stuffed on 4th down. They all said that was the turning point in the game.

There's a difference between being aggressive (which is good) and being dumb (which is not). Hawk is not a dumb coach - far from it. But that was a dumb call.

remember that fake punt call in the 2001 Big XII championship game? that too, was a dumb call.

In the 3rd quarter, when ISU put up most of those 31 unanswered points, neither T-Wheat nor Dizon were in the game. IMO, it wasn't the offense or the refs that blew the game. It was a defensive collapse that has more to do with lack of backfield depth and on-field leadership than anything else.

As bad as going for the 4th down turned out to be, I don't fault Coach Hawk for that one. Nothing wrong with putting the fortune of the game on the player's ability to execute.

In the 3rd quarter, when ISU put up most of those 31 unanswered points, neither T-Wheat nor Dizon were in the game. IMO, it wasn't the offense or the refs that blew the game. It was a defensive collapse that has more to do with lack of backfield depth and on-field leadership than anything else.

As bad as going for the 4th down turned out to be, I don't fault Coach Hawk for that one. Nothing wrong with putting the fortune of the game on the player's ability to execute.

You do realize the offense failed to pick up a single first down in the third quarter, right? The defense didn't play well in the second half, but the offense disappeared. The offense has to help the defense there. It's a lot like what happened in the Missouri game-the defense didn't play well, but the offense wasn't much help at all.

Over the past two seasons, a stout CU defense has been a hallmark of the program. Many a game under Hawkins has been kept close or won because of CU's stout defense.
The offense, on the other hand, falls flat on a regular basis. I can think of 16 games during the Hawkins era where the offense has disappointed me. But only 4 games come to mind where the D has disappointed: ISU, Mizzou, ASU, and last year's NU game.

I don't think CU would have lost to ISU with a healthy T-Wheat and Dizon on the field during the 3rd quarter.

The offensive shortcomings, Hawkin's 4th down call and refs has gotten most of the attention. The lack of defensive depth is the angle I bring to the table.

i seldom post on here, but ****, common! you people are buffs. you're better than that. i think hawkins may very well end up being the best thing to happen to colorado football. you have to give him more time. now, as per requested:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=1311628

hawkins takes all of the blame.

moving forward, ralph, mcchesney has my vote. it is time we get some thickness in office.

go buffs!

And that, right there, is what I do like a lot about Hawk. He's never one to deflect the blame when things don't go well.

Now let's hope he reigns in those 4th down attempts a bit. I don't want him to stop being aggressive when the situation warrants, just stop with ones like against ISU.

yeah montana state was worse, and all you ****ing cry babies if I told you we were going 5-7 or 6-6 with wins over CSU and the #3 team in the country in august you would have been ecstatic, **** half of you were saying 55-10 against OU would have been respectable for us.

One other this we all knew coming into this season we were going to **** the bed and loose one game that we should have won becuase of our youth and our depth. well it just happened its not the end of the world.

This poster remembers those debates and is VERY SATISFIED with what we accomplished this year.

If we double our wins again next year then we are BCS bound. :thumbsup:

You are in complete denial and I question your football intelligence if you think this was some kind of moral victory or something..

21-0 on the road to a 2-8 FOOTBALL TEAM.. And Iowa State ain't frickin Texas..

This possibly might be the worse and most embarassing loss CU has ever had..

You ever hear of 82 - 42 loss to OU at home? How about losing to DRAKE in consecutive years AT HOME-- stop talking out of your ass.

stop talking out of your ass.

That's impossible for Jimmy.:huh: We need to accept jimmy for the complete idiot that he is, and move on. I really don't get offended any more when i read his posts. The sky is blue, grass is green, and jimmy's a moron, and the world keeps on turnin'. :thumbsup:

That's impossible for Jimmy.:huh: We need to accept jimmy for the complete idiot that he is, and move on. I really don't get offended any more when i read his posts. The sky is blue, grass is green, and jimmy's a moron, and the world keeps on turnin'. :thumbsup:

YMSSR! :stupid:

YMSSR! :stupid:

smrt2_sm.jpg

he's not a very patient man is he.

You ever hear of 82 - 42 loss to OU at home? How about losing to DRAKE in consecutive years AT HOME-- stop talking out of your ass.

I posted that and Montana State earlier in this thread. Didn't Drake do away with football after beating us?

The next round of beers is on Jimmybuff and Slade. What a bunch of defeatist naysayers those two have been.

Go CU!

The next round of beers is on Jimmybuff and Slade. What a bunch of defeatist naysayers those two have been.

Go CU!

So, I assume we won? I'm not sure, because FRIGGING ABC LEFT WITH 2 FRIGGING MINUTES TO GO FRIGGIN MORONS!!!!!!!!!

Back