1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*The Official* Let's help raise Jimmy Smith's draft stock thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by mdelpizzo_1, Apr 25, 2011.

1. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I was reading through Espn mag and they had Jimmy listed as one of the most under-appreciated prospects, finally they get something right. They also have Prince from the fuskers as one of the most overrated with Cam Newton. Prince got burned and he got burned bad in man coverage last year. If you can't shut people down in college you won't do it in the league.

So let's hope some bored scouts surf the web about info on Jimmy and they come across this instead. Only positive things about Jimmy here and arguments to support him.

This is what the mag said:

Strong arguments for a shut down corner that teams were afraid to throw to. He was only challenged 14 times in man coverage :wow: teams knew he would shut them down.

Georgia had AJ Green away from Jimmy almost the whole game. There was also that deep pass AJ had Jimmy beat and I believe it was in the endzone Jimmy closed and swatted the pass. Thinking back to the game, AJ only had 1 short completion against Jimmy, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The two touchdowns given up, were they Jimmy or just our poor safety play in zones most of the year?

As far as his positive drug test we all know it was weed and also when he was what a freshman or a RS Frosh? How many college kids including players smoke weed and he hasn't had a positive test since, showing he acknowledged he screwed up and cut it out.

The two alcohol citations is just kids being kids in college. He just got caught plain and simple, these things aren't like he assaulted someone or broke into someone's house.

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I don't see where or how we help

3. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

he is an Eagle... FACT

4. mdelpizzo_1

That's the spirit!

5. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I'm pretty sure his agent has a much more detailed response about Jimmy's perceived character flaws. After all, the higher Jimmy goes in the draft, the more the agent makes.

6. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I can't wait for the NFL draft this week if for no other reason but to put Jimmy Smith's "character issue" to bed.

Thanks for giving CU fans something to believe in on the defense.

7. black&gold

black&gold New Member

Jimmy came up with big tackles as well in the backfield

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I was glad to see Ringo step up and defend Jimmy in that article. Good timing, too. Last push on Jimmy is going to be positive. We'll see a lot of backtracking as lazy journalists who have been publishing that he's a major head case with character problems learn the truth... that he's a likable, hard-working guy who partied a bit too much his freshman years before getting serious about things.

9. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

And let's hope that one of the DP's prized "journalists" doesn't write a neg article between now and Thursday.

10. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I think the crafty GMs float this crap hoping other teams buy it, so certain players will fall to them. Lots of gamesmanship in the draft.

11. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Jimmy Smith got my kitten out of a tree and cured my mom's fibromyalgia. Thanks Jimmy!

1 person likes this.
  12. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I have personally known a handful of people who have played or are currently playing in the NFL, and I can tell you that both alcohol and marijuana use in the NFL is pretty damn common.

13. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

What about the play in Nebraska a couple of years ago when they attempted the fake field goal? Jimmy came off the corner so fast that he intercepted the toss from the holder and took it 75 yards for a TD.

14. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The stories they have written on him leading up to the draft have actually been pretty cool.

15. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Jimmy Smith is so fast and heroic that he once saved the school from a forest fire by running in circles until he created a tornado which blew the fire out.

16. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Jimmy Smith created Chuck Norris...however Jimmy was created by Clark Evans!

17. mdelpizzo_1

Clark Evans is dead...

18. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

he will never die in mi corizone .... never!