What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The officiating at the end of this game is why basketball can suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go watch the slow mo footage on Deaspin. There is another frame after this with 00.1 left on the clock.

you are right. the ball is like 2 feet away from his fingers and what is odd about it is that at that 45 second mark in those frames, as the ball goes out of his hands and the clock on the TV still has .1 second left, the screens on top of the backboard both show 0.0 but neither back lights are lit. now, back it up a bit to right when the ball leaves his hands and pause it, those clocks are different. one has .1, the other is at 0.0 and the back light is still not lit.

i did several stops and plays and pauses at different times to see that. still got jobbed.

Did you not see the angles that ESPNU was showing? Side angle clearly shows Chen got it off. Quit rationalizing this ****.
Not rationalizing, I can and do throw tantrums with the best of em. Just noticed a difference while trying to be objective and mentioned it. Just like I also mentioned that we all knew we were screwed when they went to the scorers table to review it.

Not rationalizing, I can and do throw tantrums with the best of em. Just noticed a difference while trying to be objective and mentioned it. Just like I also mentioned that we all knew we were screwed when they went to the scorers table to review it.

The second they called the 3rd guy over, I knew we were ****ed. They were looking for an excuse to waive it off

8343745495_d889da6b71_o.gif

And there's the definitive proof.

Dio, I said it in the game thread, and I agree. **** like this is what turned me off hoops in the first place a few years ago. Can't stand the way basketball is often officiated. I also can't stand how long the last 2 minutes can take in a game like this. I think at one point (in the 1:45 range), AZ got 3 scores in about 15 total seconds coming off the clock.

Corruption rearing its ugly head in bball officiating. P12 needs to address this instance. Since it happened as time expired, it should be reversed from Larry Scott's office.

And there's the definitive proof.

Dio, I said it in the game thread, and I agree. **** like this is what turned me off hoops in the first place a few years ago. Can't stand the way basketball is often officiated. I also can't stand how long the last 2 minutes can take in a game like this. I think at one point (in the 1:45 range), AZ got 3 scores in about 15 total seconds coming off the clock.

I'm with you on all that. I've never been a bball fan, but trying to get into it. But everytime I think I'm getting there, I see some simply awful officiating. This type of mistake isn't unique to bball (we all say the video of the 4th down call in the Michigan bowl game a couple days ago) - but you combine it with how fouls are so subjective, how the star players get preferential treatment, and how the home team usually gets ridiculous home cooking, then it makes it a tough sport to swallow at times.

Like playing ND in south bend, don't leave it up to the refs. That said, they know they ****ed us. Like to strangle Miles Simon, ****ing homer.

Don't think it really had any true factor in the the outcome, but where Zona scored three times in 15 seconds, they were also able to substitute Solomon what's his name in with no time expiring. We did the same but got associated raped for it while Solomon what's his ass stayed in the game. Horrible refs.

The shot from behind isn't clear. There is no way on earth to tell how far away from his hand the ball is or if the ball is still on his finger tips. The refs made a god damned assumption. You cannot assume **** in a case like that. Unless you have CLEAR evidence or a clear view, you cannot change the call. The same would be true if they'd waved it off at the end of the game.

Someone needs to send that to Bohn. Is there any precedent for overturning the result of a game? Doesn't get much clearer than that.

I think it was too close to overturn. The Pac12 will circle the wagons on this one. We might get some explanation about an 'official' clock at the scorers table - if we get any explanation at all

I think it was too close to overturn. The Pac12 will circle the wagons on this one. We might get some explanation about an 'official' clock at the scorers table - if we get any explanation at all

They were clearly looking for a reason. I guarantee they went by the clock on the side that was running fast (the one not tied to the red backboard light as the official time). They saw a fingertip on the ball in the frame when the fast clock had hit zero and used that to justify waving the shot off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back