What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The officiating at the end of this game is why basketball can suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JimmyDykesLive: From where I sit in Bristol studio, that shot by CU should have counted. That just defeats the purpose of review. A bad miss by officials

@RyanThorburn: No. 3 Arizona coach Sean Miller: "We're very fortunate to leave this game with a win."

@RyanThorburn: #CUBuffs coach Tad Boyle: "If it's the wrong call then I'm really sick to my stomach."

I think it was too close to overturn. The Pac12 will circle the wagons on this one. We might get some explanation about an 'official' clock at the scorers table - if we get any explanation at all

Doesn't get much more clear than the pic LDH put up. Ball is clearly out, 0.1 showing on the clock above the scoreboard, red light is not on.

I'm not saying they would overturn because I don't remember ever hearing of it happening, just asking if there is any precedent. This is a pretty unique set of circumstances where if they overturn that one call, CU wins.

Doesn't get much more clear than the pic LDH put up. Ball is clearly out, 0.1 showing on the clock above the scoreboard, red light is not on.

I'm not saying they would overturn because I don't remember ever hearing of it happening, just asking if there is any precedent. This is a pretty unique set of circumstances where if they overturn that one call, CU wins.

I don't know of precedent. Have you ever seen a game overturned in any sport?

@VicLombardi: Tonight on CBS4 sports, we'll hear from Tad Boyle, we'll show you the shot frame-by-frame and I'm sure I'll say something stupid. Again.

Pffft. Move on. We got jobbed by the refs. The nation knows it. Of the 4 undefeated teams, one has a big '*'.

The buffs need to go out and take care of business @ asu.

Despite the loss, the team proved something to me today. Let's go get that tourney birth because we can compete with anyone, anywhere. And you never know, right?

Shoulder to shoulder.

Pffft. Move on. We got jobbed by the refs. The nation knows it. Of the 4 undefeated teams, one has a big '*'.

The buffs need to go out and take care of business @ asu.

Despite the loss, the team proved something to me today. Let's go get that tourney birth because we can compete with anyone, anywhere. And you never know, right?

Shoulder to shoulder.

Being rationale will not work on this board, my friend.

This could go either way. Those saying tonight is most certainly a positive despite the most asinine robbery in years might feel differently if this devastated group of Buffs can't recover in time to handle ASU.

This could go either way. Those saying tonight is most certainly a positive despite the most asinine robbery in years might feel differently if this devastated group of Buffs can't recover in time to handle ASU.

That's the great thing about being a fan. I don't have to move on. Ever. I can be pissed about this for the rest of my life every time we talk about a road game against a ranked opponent, or talk about Arizona, or the 2012-13 season, etc., etc. And I will.

The team needs to turn this into a chip on their shoulder without dwelling.

We fans have the luxury of getting to have the chip and the dwelling. :smile2:

Anyone happy that CU doesn't play this Saturday but this coming Sunday? It might help the CU players get it out of their system.

Anyone happy that CU doesn't play this Saturday but this coming Sunday? It might help the CU players get it out of their system.

Yes, I've been thinking of that. It's definitely beneficial.

I literally want to puke. I have never been so devastated over a "loss". I'm sure it's 1000x worse for the players. Disgusting. The Pac-12 officiating is a disgrace and yet it continues to rear its ugly head. We were destined to get ****ed by it, it's just a complete shame it had to happen in the worst situation ever.

I was just reading on the Rivals board that the ref who waved off the Chen shot was the baseline ref who allowed UA's Lyons to get away with passing the ball to himself to get the cheap 2 points. Terrible official. I wonder if he's got a beef with CU. He lives in Denver.

I was just reading on the Rivals board that the ref who waved off the Chen shot was the baseline ref who allowed UA's Lyons to get away with passing the ball to himself to get the cheap 2 points. Terrible official. I wonder if he's got a beef with CU. He lives in Denver.
Perhaps a CSU grad who applied to CU?

Now we just need that that South Carolina lineman to go decapitate him.

Ther will be plenty of home cooking when Zona visits. Still sucks, but don't want to be like Missouri fans and the 5th down. ****** calls are a part of the game, especially BB.

Ther will be plenty of home cooking when Zona visits. Still sucks, but don't want to be like Missouri fans and the 5th down. ****** calls are a part of the game, especially BB.

Maybe there will be home cooking. At this point, I'm not convinced 'Zona doesn't get the same treatment that Duke and UNC do in the ACC on the road. Meaning, even on the road, they get ridiculous calls in their favor.

I'm cooling off, but I think officiating is such a major problem with basketball as a sport. The officiating was awful all around tonight, but it seems like the officiating is awful in basketball more often than not.

I don't know how you fix it

I'm cooling off, but I think officiating is such a major problem with basketball as a sport. The officiating was awful all around tonight, but it seems like the officiating is awful in basketball more often than not.

I don't know how you fix it

Prison rules

The team has to have the mental toughness to deal with adversity when it strikes. Obviously, it's still a negative losing. But the loss can turn into a positive if we can continue to improve as a team. This was our toughest game in conference play and it took a collapse/controversial call for us to lose.

Listening to Chen on ESPN after made me feel better in this regard. He sounded like this game proved to them that they can play with the big boys and that there are things from the game that will make them better. He said they learned a lot from the KU game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back