What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The officiating at the end of this game is why basketball can suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reversal and all the discussion in this thread is my biggest problem with replay in general - that if they have to look at the replay that long and examine it down to that level of detail, then you've already implicitly made the decision, which should be to stick with the original call. When they go to replay they shouldn't be going to the review with the intent of making a call. The call has already been made. They should be going to a review with the total burden of proof being on proving the complete opposite of the original call on the field/court, and if there's any doubt whatsoever then stick with the original call. If they go to the replay and they're say 80% sure it was the opposite of what was called, then that should not be good enough to overturn the call.

Indisputable video evidence should be just that - only to overturn the calls that were blatantly obvious to everyone that were wrong. If there's any doubt whatsoever they should stick with the original call, but replay is not implemented that way in any of the sports.
well said Sir !

Pac-12 coordinator of officials Ed Rush issued the following statement on Friday.
"Game officials reviewed video replays of the end of regulation in accordance with NCAA playing rules and determined the ball was still on the shooters' fingertips when the official game clock on the floor expired. Per Conference protocol, the officials conducted a thorough review court side and viewed multiple angles of the play before confirming the ruling. I have reviewed the video replays and agree with the ruling."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-instant-replay-controversial-overturned-call

PAC-12 officials can go **** themselves.

Did you expect anything different?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Did you expect anything different?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure of the Pacs history but other conferences have issued statements disagreeing with the Refs before. Call still stands but they will say the Ref was wrong.

My guess is they don't use cameras related to the truck, since there are many times when broadcasts will miss some action while showing other footage, stat overlays, just being late, etc. I don't really know, though.

No, you don't know. During a sports broadcast ALL action cameras are kept rolling at ALL times. This allows producers to have coverage of every play from many angles. Even if they are running the shot from Camera 1, they have the option to switch to another camera during the play or bring it up it as a replay. In today's world of sports broadcast, the cameras are always running. They never miss.

I don't really get this but you call him Bud and tell him he's wrong there at the end so I'll agree
There is an experiment that the intro to Psychology class shows....It has a group of students in a room that most of them are working for the experimenter. It is these students that look at 3 different sized lines.... the "students" that are working for the experimenter are asked to pick out of 3 lines, which one is the longest. These "students all pick the second largest line even though it is so clear. The objective is to get the real students to go along with them even though contrary evidence is right in front of them....That is what this new dude is trying to do. Convince us when the evidence is clear.

Officiating is a major flaw in the game of basketball. Officials have far too much influence on the outcome of a game.

If Arizona made that same exact shot, it would have counted. There is no way that they would have reversed that, and that is the problem.

love the zona troll with bad vision. I don't care what footage the P12 refs used - it certainly wasn't better than the ESPN shots. And if they are so sure the call was right, why not release the footage? If it looks like bull****, smells like bull****, and talks like bull****...

love the zona troll with bad vision. I don't care what footage the P12 refs used - it certainly wasn't better than the ESPN shots. And if they are so sure the call was right, why not release the footage? If it looks like bull****, smells like bull****, and talks like bull****...

He doesn't know what he is talking about. It is the same camera footage. They don't have another set of cameras. You can see it right on the monitor the refs were using courtside. They were looking at the high horizontal view, the most CONCLUSIVE view, and still got it wrong. They were looking for an excuse to waive it off, and they got caught up in the emotion of the crowd.

I hope the Buffs use this to gain some mental toughness, and they come out and pound ASU.... but who knows.

Oh, I know this one... Pac 12 officiating :bang:

Remember the blatant travel for a layup? Two steps, lose control, regain control, two more steps and score.

Just saw ESPN this morning and Karl Ravech was completely on our side.... even mocking Ed Rush (Pac-12 Director of Officials) for his comments. But that doesn't do anything for me.

Officiating is a major flaw in the game of basketball. Officials have far too much influence on the outcome of a game.

The call was terrible. But putting the game into the officials hands was CU's mistake. Make ONE ****ing free throw and it doesn't even come down to the refs review.

The call was terrible. But putting the game into the officials hands was CU's mistake. Make ONE ****ing free throw and it doesn't even come down to the refs review.
We all agree with this, I think. Out scored 10-2 in last 1:33. That cannot happen. I should say last 1:32:9, I suppose.

2013-January-3-22-37-7.jpg

That picture only seems to support that the ball is not out of his hand. It is slightly behind his wrist. If the ball was out, it would be out in front of his wrist moving towards the basket. Being slightly behind, or right over, the wrist would hint that at least his fingertips were on the ball.

The blur you see between the ball and his hand is simply ghosting from motion and bright light. It can give a faux view of space. That’s why the basketball has taken on a football shape. Pretty much Photo 101 with regard to tears, pixelation, light, motion, etc. The hand blur is going straight up to the ball, though.

In saying that, I'm still only about 70% sure that the call was correct. The other 30% is just not knowing what the officials saw in their footage. Hopefully, we're able to see it sometime, although I doubt it.

hey dip****.......you can see the BLUE on the baseline between the ball and his hand/fingers. so don't tell me that was the correct call.

for some reason I don't remember that one.

It was seriously a what the **** at the end of the game. He dribbled. Stopped. Started again, passed the ball to himself and banked it in. Nowhere in basketball is that permitted to happen, except for tight games at the home of an undefeated team in the Pac 12. It was blatant.

Arizona got screwed a few times too (phantom foul when The Mayor fell) to be fair. However, that self-pass and illegal substitution were real game-changers for CU.

It was seriously a what the **** at the end of the game. He dribbled. Stopped. Started again, passed the ball to himself and banked it in. Nowhere in basketball is that permitted to happen, except for tight games at the home of an undefeated team in the Pac 12. It was blatant.

Arizona got screwed a few times too (phantom foul when The Mayor fell) to be fair. However, that self-pass and illegal substitution were real game-changers for CU.

thanks, not sarcasm at all. I seriously didn't remember. What do you guys mean when you say he passed the ball to himself?

thanks, not sarcasm at all. I seriously didn't remember. What do you guys mean when you say he passed the ball to himself?
As he started his layup, he lost the ball, caught it, then took two more steps. 4 or 5 steps in all. The only thing I can think is that when he lost it the ball hit the elbow of our guy and then he grabbed it again. I'm not sure of the rule there.

Last edited:

I was seriously just explaining to you what happened. Why so defensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back