What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The "open competition" at QB entering spring practices

I wonder if Cody will be a better coach than his dad?

Anyway, aren't you guys impressed that I've stayed out of this one? Nary a peep. I'd be shocked...SHOCKED!!!...if Tyler is not the starting QB this season, barring injury or a run in with.....wait, didn't he have a run in with the Boulder Police? Anyway, he'll be the starter fo sho. I'd bet that if you asked most coaches, they'd tell you that all positions are open to competition in the spring. They don't want their players to believe they are a lock.

I wonder if Cody will be a better coach than his dad?

Anyway, aren't you guys impressed that I've stayed out of this one? Nary a peep. I'd be shocked...SHOCKED!!!...if Tyler is not the starting QB this season, barring injury or a run in with.....wait, didn't he have a run in with the Boulder Police? Anyway, he'll be the starter fo sho. I'd bet that if you asked most coaches, they'd tell you that all positions are open to competition in the spring. They don't want their players to believe they are a lock.

Unless you've just managed to scoop the Daily Camera and the Denver Post (which probably isn't that hard anyway) I think you're thinking of Clark Evans...

Hansen was arrested during the season. Evans was ticketed in the dorms for pot in December.

I heard about Evans refer madness in the dorms, but don't remember what Hansen did to get arrested? Refresh my alzhiemers memory please.

Hansen, if I recall correctly, tried to help stop a fight -- or the beginnings of a fight -- involving a teammate. Everybody involved was ticketed, Hansen was determined not to be at fault. But the timing of it meant he didn't start the next game as expected, until it was sorted out.

Something to do with a bouncer and frat house party?

I just said he had a "run in" with them, not get arrested. As I remember, the cops even complemented him for being so helpful.

I think so, DBT,
I couldn't find the outcome in any articles, but my shaky recollection is that Hansen wasn't found to be the bad guy in this. There was some general "walk away from trouble, son" type of advice, but I don't think any charges stuck on Hansen. And when you read that he was trying to intervene and get his teammate out of a situation that was escalating, it looked like Hansen was trying to do the right thing.

I don't know if this should be a Pub topic or not, but my kid is telling me that it is getting real popular at Boulder parties to start throwing fists around. Almost like a fad.

Several of the undergrads I know say they are avoiding parties entirely because they have become volatile. Not specifically violence, but always unexpected weirdness happening, so they have been staying in a lot more. It's like they think things are always one word or one swing from being out of control.

Several of the undergrads I know say they are avoiding parties entirely because they have become volatile. Not specifically violence, but always unexpected weirdness happening, so they have been staying in a lot more. It's like they think things are always one word or one swing from being out of control.

I bet it has something to do with what drugs are popular now. Meth and pharmaceuticals cause a lot of weirdness, especially when mixed with alcohol.

Or it's just the typical stir crazy stuff you get toward the end of winter.

We have had an open competition. Two years now. Hansen has won it. Clearly, outright, WON the open competition. Can we just let him ****ing have the job without the guy he beat out breathing down his neck, constantly getting given chance after chance after chance to reverse the results of that two years of competition? Would that be too much to ask? Just moving on and ****ing playing the guy who won the job??? I mean, that is kind of the ****ing point, isn't it???

We have had an open competition. Two years now. Hansen has won it. Clearly, outright, WON the open competition. Can we just let him ****ing have the job without the guy he beat out breathing down his neck, constantly getting given chance after chance after chance to reverse the results of that two years of competition? Would that be too much to ask? Just moving on and ****ing playing the guy who won the job??? I mean, that is kind of the ****ing point, isn't it???

I think this whole conversation started because Adam M. at Rivals had an article about quarterback competition, not because coaches said anything. But every spring they HAVE to say "hey, the best man wins." That's what they promised Evans, and Hirshman, and Moten, and even Lobato and Stanley: they would get to show what they can do. Fair is fair. Hirshman gave up half his senior year to come to Colorado and compete -- he should get a chance at QB in the spring game, even if we all believe redshirting will make him stronger in the long run.
I think that Hansen has shown the ability so he will have to be knocked hard off the starting position --- he should win it, and he should start against CSU and beyond. But I think this is just the standard "compete for your spot" we expect to hear about spring ball. Nothing has changed about the coaches' confidence in Hansen, I hope.

Yeah, but it's amazing to me that the football players seem to always be noticed, charged or known in these altercations but you never hear who the students or other parties involved are. It's like they vanish in thin air...wink..wink eh boulder police?

Yeah, but it's amazing to me that the football players seem to always be noticed, charged or known in these altercations but you never hear who the students or other parties involved are. It's like they vanish in thin air...wink..wink eh boulder police?

Quick, without googling, name the chick Gov. Sanford slept with, or the guy Charles Barkley threw through the window, or the guy that got shot with Marvin Harrisons gun..... Can't do it?

Not that I'm jumping to the defense of the BPD, but it's more a function of the football players being more high profile than the schlubs that are on the other end of the stick. And it's the media's fault for reporting/highlighting/focusing on the high profile personas. It happens everywhere, not just in the 25 sq. miles completely surrounded by reality.

i am sooooo pumped!!!! this competition for the QB position will make everyone much better plus the fact that there was no bowl game so the players had all that extra time in the weight room and conditioning and getting healthy. they are going to be awesome. cody will be that much better with hansen pushing him he will light up csu!!! :woot:

Back