What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The origins of "***********"

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
I expect this thread to be lost relatively soon. In the interest of informing our fellow CU fans, and possibly a few ***** fans, about how this all came to pass, I'll offer up the following:

It all started with UA fans referring to Colorado as "Rado". Nobody has ever referred to CU as "Rado". I mean nobody - ever. In the 100+ year history of Colorado athletics, there has never been an opposing school that has referred to us that way. It's not particularly insulting. It's not offensive or demeaning. It doesn't seem to have any real meaning at all. It's just weird.

So, I was pondering this, and it struck me that referring to us as "Rado" is the equivalent of referring to somebody named "Richard" as "*****". Now, if you wanted to offend, demean, insult or otherwise pester this particular person named "Richard", the thing to do would be to call him "Dick". But that's not what's happening, here. It's like they're really trying to insult us, but instead are simply making us wonder if they have all their marbles in one spot.

Then Orr went off and decided that he was going to refer to UA from that point forward as "***********". I should add that I'm 100% behind the name change. I think it fits.

I'm glad that you post this every God damn time we play Arizona too...

I'm glad that you post this every God damn time we play Arizona too...

Actually, I don't. I didn't post this either time we played previously this year. In fact, I've never posted this before.

You post constant Dick ***** history every damn time we play. So you re-wrote it this time. Congrats.

The Chards also fail to realize that no one outside of Arizona refers to UofA as "Zona." Much of their own fanbase rarely uses the term "Zona." "Arizona," "U of A" and "Cats" are much more common nicknames. Nevertheless, I got ran off Point Guard U a couple years ago for suggesting that "Zona" was stupid and no one outside of Arizona uses it. To the best of my knowledge, "Zona" is simply a nickname coined by Nike for merchandise purposes. By calling us "Rado," UofA fans are only trying to extend that stupid naming convention to CU too.

The Chards also fail to realize that no one outside of Arizona refers to UofA as "Zona." Much of their own fanbase rarely uses the term "Zona." "Arizona," "U of A" and "Cats" are much more common nicknames. Nevertheless, I got ran off Point Guard U a couple years ago for suggesting that "Zona" was stupid and no one outside of Arizona uses it. To the best of my knowledge, "Zona" is simply a nickname coined by Nike for merchandise purposes. By calling us "Rado," UofA fans are only trying to extend that stupid naming convention to CU too.

And we upped the game. It's the ***********' move.

If no-one refers to Arizona as "Zona", does that make the student section the Dick ***** Zoo?

If no-one refers to Arizona as "Zona", does that make the student section the Dick ***** Zoo?

Since they're so opposed to the name "Zona" you'd think the *********** would be thanking us. Unappreciative pricks.

The university of Arizona Wilcats need to beardown on the Dick ***** nickname.

you guys are (a) scaring away the good fans; and (b) inviting the bad fans (2s and 3s, from the other thread). You are basically begging for their version of bcs.

you guys are (a) scaring away the good fans; and (b) inviting the bad fans (2s and 3s, from the other thread). You are basically begging for their version of bcs.

I think we have some withdraw symptoms from the lack of Big 12 trolls now. The Arizona schools are a lot like the old Big 12 schools. Those states do seem to have similar politics not liking minorities and all.

You get the opposing fans you deserve.

Too bad we seemed to run off Air-Zona with this kind of stuff. Even PacHoops has gotten jumped on lately.

I know it's not for everyone, but some of us actually enjoy having basketball discussions with informed opposing fans.

You get the opposing fans you deserve.

Too bad we seemed to run off Air-Zona with this kind of stuff. Even PacHoops has gotten jumped on lately.

I know it's not for everyone, but some of us actually enjoy having basketball discussions with informed opposing fans.
yea, it's been a downward spiral. very sad.

yea, it's been a downward spiral. very sad.

I think there's a balance. I haven't noticed that our fans are particularly abusive to our guests (certainly less so than they are to us); it's my impression that the pre-game talk is well-intentioned.

I think there's a balance. I haven't noticed that our fans are particularly abusive to our guests (certainly less so than they are to us); it's my impression that the pre-game talk is well-intentioned.
What I've noticed is that even the fans with a sense of humor/intelligence get treated the same way as their douchey ones. The result is inevitable. Oh well, rivalries aren't built on intelligent and good natured conversation.

What I've noticed is that even the fans with a sense of humor/intelligence get treated the same way as their douchey ones. The result is inevitable. Oh well, rivalries aren't built on intelligent and good natured conversation.

I disagree. Our banter with Cal is quite different than it is with Arizona and Oregon. Obviously it's non-existent with Stanford and USC.

47213050.jpg

Back