1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Orms Hit

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

[video=youtube;8K6uiJ_n2tY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6uiJ_n2tY[/video]

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

When I saw it the first time, I was a little bit surprised by his reaction, but I forgot to bring it up. This jogged my memory a bit. First off, the call was BS. But secondly, anyone else notice how little Orms had to say about it? There was virtually no reaction from him at all and he just walks over nonchalantly and takes a sip of water. I think it was pretty impressive for him to keep his cool under those circumstances.

3. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Would have been funnier if it were any of us video taping our TV's....pretty sure there would have been some solid profanity laced tirades directed at the Zebra's, especially after the even more ridiculous missed facemask moments earlier....Do know that my Dog and Wife were both momentarily taken aback by my eruption

4. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

Beautiful.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Imagine that, a guy running a crossing route gets blown up by a safety. Jeez, that never happens. There was no helmet to helmet contact. The hit was with his shoulder into the receiver's chest. Bull**** call. This is football, not figure skating.

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I honestly think this was a make up call to cover the missed late hit a few plays earlier. The late hit may not have been as apparent a missed call as this was, but the guy was out of bounds, and we didnt get called. Either way that is no way to fairly referee a football game. Orms did everything right in that situation and he even turned his motion away from the receiver, the receiver ran right into him.

7. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

it was a make up call for the missed face-mask. They just got confused on who the make-up call should be on.

8. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

SO lame. He hit him with his shoulder. He didn't leave his feet, he didn't spear him at all. He wasn't even running full blast when he hit him. Very annoying

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

It was a penalty because it looked like a big hit, and the home crowd was going to be upset. Which is ****** officiating, but I think we've learned the Pac-12 has ****** officiating all over the place.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Pac 12 officials are very quick on the flag for personal fouls. That's one thing I've really noticed about them. I think it's making the conference soft.

11. Shldr2Shldr

Either way the play will be in orms highlight real forever, now if he can be that kind of hard hitting CB all the time, he may be the next CB drafted from CU. It was amazing that when he plays up to speed how much better the D is back there. Him and Henderson will be very good for us I think.

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Orms needs to be back at safety, not CB, if we can find someone to play opposite Hendo

13. Buffnik

^^This^^

14. Shldr2Shldr

Even better, I love safetys that can come up and destroy WR's. Isn't sherrard a DB? Maybe him opposite henderson?

15. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Terrible call. Just like the face mask penalty that should have been.

16. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Sherrard?

17. Buffnik

Depending on the new recruits and whether Bell gets back. Unfortunately, I don't think Bell will be ready to participate in the spring.

18. Daaah

I've noticed the same thing. Marginal hits especially along the side line get called every time. You need to hit the QB if he is skirting up the sideline, and you need to hit him hard. In the PAC 12, if the qb steps out at the very last second, the 15 yd penalty is called. I think the burden should be on the offense to either get out early, or take the hit. You don't see calls like that made in the SEC.

19. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

The PAC has been known for bad officiating over the years. This year is no different. Was it last year that a bad call ended up giving a team a win they should not of had?

20. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Yup. Loved the hit. Call was BS and so was the no call when Jones head got spun. Two sacks and a missed fg and it's all good.

21. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Call was utter bull**** and could have had a significant impact on the outcome. I hope Larry Scott is taking notes.

22. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Speaking of Mr Scott ..... with the $$ from the new tv deal, I wonder if the commish is gonna audition/hire better zebras? If the schools/teams can use their money for facility and coaching upgrades, then there's no reason the conference shouldn't upgrade the on-field product.

23. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

lets pay for better players first and then we can work on the stripes.

24. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

Parker Orms sure knocked the poop out of him.

25. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Fatty called the **** poop! :lol:

26. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Almost cost us the game. Great hit.

27. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

It was textbook. You cant play the ball, you dislodge it. It was a cocksucking call, end of story. That is how u want your db's to hit. Hope we get a corner to step up so Orms can play safety.

28. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

You have to understand where the ref was coming from. Our game began at 1:30 and the ref had a 5:00 high school game to officiate. So his head wasn't in the right place.

29. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

As I was watching the Alabama-Auburn game I was suprised at what they DIDN'T call in that game compared with what I've seen from the ****tastic officiating in the Big XII and now the PAC 12. There were multiple hits that easily would've drawn a flag in the PAC 12 that were not called in the 'Bama-Auburn game.

30. Daaah

That's my point.