What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The penalties

Trying to find a bright side...
Most of our penalties were mental mistakes (false starts, 12 in the huddle, etc.) which can be addressed quickly.

Trying to find a bright side...
Most of our penalties were mental mistakes (false starts, 12 in the huddle, etc.) which can be addressed quickly.

I'll bet all of the o-linemen learn from that unsportsmanlike penalty (for piling on the hapless csewe d-lineman). They'll see that film clip a few times with several distinct reminders from Mr Grimes on why ya don't do that.

one of those penalties i will take every time. we turned a pass interference call to prevent a sure six into a field goal. i find that smart.

another penalty was for having 12 on the field (illegal sub) when in fact one of ours was injured and trying to get off. that was a bad call on the part of the refs.

overall, the zebras did a good job. they missed a horsecollar against us, but then flagged us for an injury, and they took away a reception, but we got it the next play anyway.

you can fire away at the other penalties tho :)

Definately a sign of a young team, on its first excursion of the year.
Like Ladyblaise said, it could have been 9 if the horsecollar had been called, but all in all, it could have been much much worse IMO.

Lets just hope they did get the mistakes out of the way now. I'd hate to see this team end up like Neuheisel's clubs which lacked any fundamentals on the penalties and dicipline.

I thought the refs blew a couple late hits by Rams defenders - particularly one where Cody was lying on the ground and some dipsh!t Ram (repetitive, I know) speared him right in the face.

I thought the refs blew a couple late hits by Rams defenders - particularly one where Cody was lying on the ground and some dipsh!t Ram (repetitive, I know) speared him right in the face.

Yeah, that one was pretty bad. I think it came RIGHT after girthy (?) was called for his personal foul.

Back