What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the perils of being a starting qb...

The criticism does not come because he's the QB, it's not because he's the coaches son, it is because, at times, the college game looks beyond his abilities.

criticism is fine. lay off the effing personal attacks, and keep in mind that cody does not need to bear the brunt of criticism rightly earned by other members of the team. if people could do that, i don't think people would be ready to shred each other. however, some here are rather tired of others laying it all at cody's feet, particularly given the personal attacks that were in chat (primarily) and on board.

i think bb is quick to dismiss the faults of the entire team and lay it all on cody. don't get me wrong, cody made some key mistakes. BUT HE WAS NOT ALONE.

criticism is fine. lay off the effing personal attacks, and keep in mind that cody does not need to bear the brunt of criticism rightly earned by other members of the team. if people could do that, i don't think people would be ready to shred each other. however, some here are rather tired of others laying it all at cody's feet, particularly given the personal attacks that were in chat (primarily) and on board.

i think bb is quick to dismiss the faults of the entire team and lay it all on cody. don't get me wrong, cody made some key mistakes. BUT HE WAS NOT ALONE.

There must be a difference between a personal attack and a critical assessment of a player's ability. The team can only act through its players. If we are not allowed to criticize the players, then we are not allowed to criticize the team. I agree that we should not personally attack any players, but many of you are taking this too far.

There must be a difference between a personal attack and a critical assessment of a player's ability. The team can only act through its players. If we are not allowed to criticize the players, then we are not allowed to criticize the team. I agree that we should not personally attack any players, but many of you are taking this too far.

many of us were in chat and saw "cody sucks" every 2.3 seconds. i had three on ignore because that was their MO. a number of people kept telling those three to chill with the personal attacks, but the mighty three felt like going on like assclowns. apparently, it spilled over on to the boards. when it is a personal attack, it is a TOS violation. matt gets to set the rules, and his sticky makes it clear what he thinks of personally attacking kids.

that is what vee jay, me, and others are on about. i do believe we have been clear that criticism is okay, but that we are already many degrees beyond impatient with two things:

1. personal attacks.
2. blaming cody for everything gone wrong.

so long as people do not choose to do those two things, we are all kinds of fine. i see bb as being constructive, but pitfalling into category #2. i vehemently disagree with the notion that we should pin all the blame on cody.

Saying Cody sucks..... eh... i wouldn't put it that way.

chalk it up to poor choice of words, if someone say's that cody stinks, or cody is effin it up, there wouldn't have been such uproar.

Cody has been horrid the past three games. that's not a personal attack.

Attacking his qb abilities is not personal.

How come saying the line sucks qualifies as a legit argument but saying the qb sucks qualifies as a personal attack???

Back