What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The psychology and success of in-state kids - a discussion

I agree; it is verbose. On the other hand, if one spent the time to make it succinct, then it probably wouldn't be free.

As to those who call other members "douches":

I, and many others, understand very well why you think this way: Concepts which requires a tiny bit of thought can appear very threatening to someone who has closed his or her mind. The ego loves to attack that which it doesn't understand.

If it can't be happy and fulfilled, then it will do its damnedest to not let anyone else alone either.

You might as well be shouting "Look at me, Look at me! don't you see how miserable I am?" To us on the outside looking in, it looks very comical.

I can't speak for the other folks, but I was just messing with you with the verbose comment. So if you took it personally, you shouldn't. Around these parts abuse of fellow posters is just a way of saying welcome.

I agree; it is verbose. On the other hand, if one spent the time to make it succinct, then it probably wouldn't be free.

As to those who call other members "douches":

I, and many others, understand very well why you think this way: Concepts which requires a tiny bit of thought can appear very threatening to someone who has closed his or her mind. The ego loves to attack that which it doesn't understand.

If it can't be happy and fulfilled, then it will do its damnedest to not let anyone else alone either.

You might as well be shouting "Look at me, Look at me! don't you see how miserable I am?" To us on the outside looking in, it looks very comical.

Previous posts were verbose. That one was douchey. :wink2:

Hey Creebuzz on a serious note, all banter aside, I think the Myers Briggs stuff is surprisingly accurate to a first order approximation. It gives very powerful insights into, who for instance, you would think are Aholes. The model has some serious flaws in my estimation. A better and more complete model is supplied by Harville Hendrix. It is more on personal relationships than casual relationships (but informs both). If one thinks the whole thing is a waste of time, then one probably needs to keep repeating the same pattern(s) of relationships a few more times, in order to see there is a clear pattern. For instance, one might ask, "why am I always surrounded by Aholes?" :)

Hey Creebuzz on a serious note, all banter aside, I think the Myers Briggs stuff is surprisingly accurate to a first order approximation. It gives very powerful insights into, who for instance, you would think are Aholes. The model has some serious flaws in my estimation. A better and more complete model is supplied by Harville Hendrix. It is more on personal relationships than casual relationships (but informs both). If one thinks the whole thing is a waste of time, then one probably needs to keep repeating the same pattern(s) of relationships a few more times, in order to see there is a clear pattern. For instance, one might ask, "why am I always surrounded by Aholes?" :)

Oh! Oh! Oh! Call on me! I know this one!... "Because I'm at a sackygate."

Oh, but they're not free, axx. Life is too short, which is why I normally scan the first paragraph of Mtn's (and now your) posts and move on.

If you are looking for pictures and fact-free and logic-free discussion Creebuzz, there are many alternatives...

This is hardly tolstoy. And if you think it is, then you probably need to some more practice reading...:p

While it's true that I usually only read comic books and the backs of cereal boxes, I was merely kidding in my remarks. If you stick around a while, you'll see that most everyone teases MtnBuff for the length of his posts.

I read Danielle Steele in Renaissance Literature.

FIFO, DBT! : )

ENFJ here. I wish all these pencil-pushing dousche bags would shut up. Just because you've read Freakonomics doesn't make you Dubner. Go bribe a sumo wrestler, nerd! : ) (Sarcasm and irony inserted liberally).

Mtn has a serious challenger in this new ****stick in the ability to use 8,000 words to say abso****inglutely nothing of any real substance.

So was this board.... for awhile everyone had their personality profile in their signature line. INTJ was me if I remember :lol:

Hahaha, really? I wish I had been around at that time. I have noticed a couple people that still have the pp. I'm a (E/I)NTP

Back