What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The QB switch?

Webb may have the worst accuracy of any passer beyond 15 yds I've ever seen....Dude has airmailed every deep pass by 10 yards 2 games in a row

I don't see how this staff can't not make a change given the Season is already over and maybe one of the other guys is just a better gamer....can't hurt as obviously we can't do any worse than we already have

What will really piss me off is if they start Wood at Fresno, and Colorado beats Fresno behind Wood, Powell, and Thomas. It will show me that the coaches don't know dick about evaluating talent in practice, and we will know that we lost two games for no other reason then poor coaching on and off the field.

What will really piss me off is if they start Wood at Fresno, and Colorado beats Fresno behind Wood, Powell, and Thomas. It will show me that the coaches don't know dick about evaluating talent in practice, and we will know that we lost two games for no other reason then poor coaching on and off the field.
My thoughts exactly. WTF were they seeing in practice that made them think Webb, Jones, McCullough and most of the O line were starters??

I get what you're saying about the last 2 games wasted. But if CU somehow beats Fresno, I certainly won't be pissed off about it.

Webb got the job because he was supposed to be more consistent, have a better grasp on the offense, and be a better game manager/leader.

Well, that hasn't worked. This team isn't good enough to win with a game manager. We may give up some big plays but we need a QB who can make some plays, a guy who can pull out of a sack and deliver the ball downfield. Webb has also shown that he doesn't have control over pressure, pressure has gotten to him, scratch another of the reasons he won the job. Biggest issue is that this team has shown a severe lack of passion and heart, in short a severe lack of leadership. The QB position by its nature lends itself to being a leadership position.

I don't know if Wood can provide leadership and inspire players to step up their performances. I do know that the quality of play can't get much worse and we aren't going to win sticking with what we are doing. Webb has shown so far that he isn't the anwer, let's see if Wood can give us something more. We can't get much worse than failing to effectively move the ball against a pathatic CSU team and a middle or the road FCS team in the second half of both games when we should have dominated and won.

Back