What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Rams

true.. top usually leave,.. then one or two to CU.. and CSU gets one here and there. No one will argue that it sucks the top instate talent leaves colorado year in and year out.

Not the last 4 years. With the exception of last year, one thing Hawk has done well at is getting the Colorado big times to stay home.

true.. top usually leave,.. then one or two to CU.. and CSU gets one here and there. No one will argue that it sucks the top instate talent leaves colorado year in and year out.

I think you are (intentionally) misreading what leash and others are saying. Recruiting wins don't automatically = wins on the field. The only way beating CU in recruiting amounts to dick is if it also translates into beating CU at Invesco.

As Buff fans, we learned that the hard way.

Not the last 4 years. With the exception of last year, one thing Hawk has done well at is getting the Colorado big times to stay home.

um... well, by *s.. this was the top HS recruits in CO last year... CU got the 7th best... the top 6 left.... congrats on 7th I guess... and of course we all know the best QB in Co left for Cal

DEChris MartinAurora, ColoradoGrandview High School6'4"2404.75 stars6.12California
ATHDanny SpondLittleton, ColoradoColumbine6'3"2324.74 stars5.827Notre Dame
OLDillon BonnellHighlands Ranch, ColoradoThunderridge6'4"285N/A4 stars5.831Stanford
DENduka OnyealiDenver, ColoradoMullen6'1"2404.54 stars5.818Arizona State
RBMister JonesLittleton, ColoradoLittleton6'2"2054.54 stars5.828Texas A&M
LBJoe HemschootLakewood, ColoradoLakewood6'1"2104.63 stars5.648Stanford
TEKyle SlavinLittleton, ColoradoChatfield6'5"2304.83 stars5.5N/AColorado
ATHKenny BellBoulder, ColoradoFairview6'2"1734.53 stars5.767Nebraska
OLMike MoudyCastle Rock, ColoradoDouglas County6'7"2915.03 stars5.735Nebraska
ATHKyle KleinLoveland, ColoradoLoveland6'5"2054.63 stars5.5N/AKansas State
DBMax MorganGreeley, ColoradoGreeley West6'1"2154.63 stars5.5N/AColorado State

um... well, by *s.. this was the top HS recruits in CO last year... CU got the 7th best... the top 6 left.... congrats on 7th I guess... and of course we all know the best QB in Co left for Cal

DEChris MartinAurora, ColoradoGrandview High School6'4"2404.75 stars6.12California
OLDillon BonnellHighlands Ranch, ColoradoThunderridge6'4"285N/A4 stars5.831Stanford

did you not read my post? I said with the exception of last year. What about the years before that with Miller, Major, Givens, and now this year with Berglund?

sorry.. didnt see your "with the exception of last year.... here is 2009... I guess 4 of the top 10 isnt bad

LBJon MajorParker, ColoradoPonderosa6'4"2304.54 stars5.99Colorado
OLBryce GivensDenver, ColoradoMullen6'6"2575.14 stars5.912Colorado
DBNolan BrewsterDenver, ColoradoMullen6'1"1954.64 stars5.816Texas
QBCollin KleinLoveland, ColoradoLoveland6'4"2024.73 stars5.621Kansas State
LBWill PericakBoulder, ColoradoBoulder6'4"2474.93 stars5.633Colorado
OLAndrew SampsonAurora, ColoradoOverland6'3"285N/A3 stars5.641Arizona State
DTCurtis CunninghamLittleton, ColoradoColumbine6'2"2624.93 stars5.746Colorado
OLJoe CaprioglioHighlands Ranch, ColoradoHighlands Ranch6'6"260N/A3 stars5.747Colorado State
OLJimmy MillerDenver, ColoradoMullen6'3"2975.23 stars5.553San Diego State
QBAlex KellyFort Collins, ColoradoRocky Mountain6'2"195N/A2 stars5.2N/AColorado State

did you not read my post? I said with the exception of last year. What about the years before that with Miller, Major, Givens, and now this year with Berglund?

correct... you got 4 top 10 in 2009, 3, in 08, 2 in 07

still, CU and CSU have along way to go to keep the top in state talent home.

See, right here is the problem. Selective reading abilities. You don't even bother to read the whole post, assess the argument and then respond. You already know your answer which makes an actual meaningful conversation tough.

As your ex-wife probably already knows (insert sarcasm font).

...and what did CSU get? Also, Spond and Jones were once CU commits until Hawk kept losing, and I Hemschoot was close to signing, at least I thought so.

This is all pointless though, because who cares right now about how horrible both teams are in recruiting? It's so odd that CSU fans think you guys are good now in recruiting, because you're equal to us in recruiting rankings. We're doing horrible right now. Neither team should be satisfied with where they're at.

I like CSU, but as others have said, their inferiority complex annoys the hell out of me. I just don't understand why they can't give credit where it is due, and say that CU is a great and better program. I mean, I hate/loathe Texas and Nebraska, but I have to admit that they are a tier above CU's football program from a historical perspective. I give them props for it. No CSU fan ever, I mean this literally, has ever told me that CU is a better program. They discount the national championship, rag on Salaam, talk about how Joey Porter is the greatest NFL player to come out of either program (when this is absolutely ludricous...he's just a more loquacious Chad Brown), don't care about the top 5 finishes in the 70s and 90s, etc. I just don't get their logic and hatred...

Thanks for coming over here State to defend your school. My main point when starting this thread was the fact that i went to ram nation and found nothing about the rams. I went over today and there are some things comparing the two school's offenses and defenses.

I am interested in what you guys think your team will do this year. Also things to look out for at the game. If you are happy with fairchild ( i know its early).

I don't really care about the rivalry thing. CU CSU shouldn't be a rivalry. I do hope that you guys get your stuff together and join the Big mack or the Pac-12 one day. Then the rivalry won't feel so contrived.

The recruiting thing isn't even true. When you add in guys like Patterson, Richardson and Clemons - all new to CU this year, but not counted as recruits in the rankings - the talent gap is still considerably tilted in favor of CU.

However - don't forget the Raymond Carter (RB-UCLA) transfer to CSU. I think he was more highly recruited out of highschool than any of those guys mentioned.

...and what did CSU get? Also, Spond and Jones were once CU commits until Hawk kept losing, and I Hemschoot was close to signing, at least I thought so.

This is all pointless though, because who cares right now about how horrible both teams are in recruiting? It's so odd that CSU fans think you guys are good now in recruiting, because you're equal to us in recruiting rankings. We're doing horrible right now. Neither team should be satisfied with where they're at.

I like CSU, but as others have said, their inferiority complex annoys the hell out of me. I just don't understand why they can't give credit where it is due, and say that CU is a great and better program. I mean, I hate/loathe Texas and Nebraska, but I have to admit that they are a tier above CU's football program from a historical perspective. I give them props for it. No CSU fan ever, I mean this literally, has ever told me that CU is a better program. They discount the national championship, rag on Salaam, talk about how Joey Porter is the greatest NFL player to come out of either program (when this is absolutely ludricous...he's just a more loquacious Chad Brown), don't care about the top 5 finishes in the 70s and 90s, etc. I just don't get their logic and hatred...

um... because you are not a great and better program... and WE have an inferiority complex??... your program is nothing like it was 20 years ago. I never said CSU had a great program, im just here discussing football. You have history.. YES.. congrats, you have somethign on us.. you have history.. But please take off your Zobaz Pants, and eject the MC Hammer CD, this isnt 1992

um... because you are not a great and better program... and WE have an inferiority complex??... your program is nothing like it was 20 years ago. I never said CSU had a great program, im just here discussing football. You have history.. YES.. congrats, you have somethign on us.. you have history.. But please take off your Zobaz Pants, and eject the MC Hammer CD, this isnt 1992

hey now we were a int away from playing for the national championship 10 years ago, it wasnt MC era then. Oh ya, about the same time that csu last did something.

Thanks for coming over here State to defend your school. My main point when starting this thread was the fact that i went to ram nation and found nothing about the rams. I went over today and there are some things comparing the two school's offenses and defenses.

I am interested in what you guys think your team will do this year. Also things to look out for at the game. If you are happy with fairchild ( i know its early).

I don't really care about the rivalry thing. CU CSU shouldn't be a rivalry. I do hope that you guys get your stuff together and join the Big mack or the Pac-12 one day. Then the rivalry won't feel so contrived.

Why shouldnt this be a rivalry?... thats just silly, you sound like Charles Johnson LOL.... we recruit the same kids, are 60 miles apart, play every year.. we wil some, you win more... its a rivalry get over it.

I think CsquaredCC has discussed what we CSU fans expect pretty clearly. Im not going to spend any more time talking to someone who looks down their bifocals at CSU like you do

hey now we were a int away from playing for the national championship 10 years ago, it wasnt MC era then. Oh ya, about the same time that csu last did something.

They put a double wide trailer on top of their stadium. I think they called them "suites". Does that count as something?

Why shouldnt this be a rivalry?... thats just silly, you sound like Charles Johnson LOL.... we recruit the same kids, are 60 miles apart, play every year.. we wil some, you win more... its a rivalry get over it.

I think CsquaredCC has discussed what we CSU fans expect pretty clearly. Im not going to spend any more time talking to someone who looks down their bifocals at CSU like you do

Its a rivalry, a very lopsided rivalry, but it is one. To be fair if we thought NU was a rival, we can only let csu be a rival too. CU/CSU is basically the same as CU/NU only reversed.

Its a rivalry, a very lopsided rivalry, but it is one. To be fair if we thought NU was a rival, we can only let csu be a rival too. CU/CSU is basically the same as CU/NU only reversed.

Except when NU/CU plays, it often meant something in the grand scheme of football. Either in the 90's, or for the B12 North in the earlier part of this decade.

Its not a rivalry. the only reason the teams are playing is because the politicians thought it was a good idea. We shouldn't be recruiting the same kids. We do not play the same level of football. We are in an AQ conference you are not. we play the big boys week to week you do not.

The way I've always looked at it was CSU thinks they are rivals with CU. Cu thinks they are rivals with NU. Nu thinks they are rivals with OU. And OU thinks they are rivals with UT. It is a weird situation. CSU should be rivals with Wyoming (same league) like I thought you guys were but no one seems to care about that rivalry anymore.

I wanted your opinion on your team because we don't get many CSU fans around here. The week after we play CSU I would like some CAL people to give me their opinion as well.

It is absolutely a rivalry - in the same sense that you have the two largest state schools playing each other every season. I think most Buff fans acknowledge that but like to say that it isn't because they know it gets under the CSU fans' skin.

CU and CSU have played each other as far back as the early 1900's. They were in the same conference for nearly forty years. I think a good comparison to be made is to that of the Washington-Washington State rivalry. While the conference affiliation element is different - there are a many similarities. Washington has a 1 national title (even shared I believe) and an athletic budget that nearly doubles that of Washington State. At the end of the day the Apple Cup has regional meaning and is important to the people in the state. However, outside of the state few are paying attention.

Yeah, it's a rivalry. It would be a better rivalry if CSU enjoyed a higher stature on the college football landscape. But to deny it's a rivalry denies the obvious.

In fact, it's the only rivalry we have left, so we, as CU fans, better embrace it.

Its not a rivalry. the only reason the teams are playing is because the politicians thought it was a good idea. We shouldn't be recruiting the same kids. We do not play the same level of football. We are in an AQ conference you are not. we play the big boys week to week you do not.

The way I've always looked at it was CSU thinks they are rivals with CU. Cu thinks they are rivals with NU. Nu thinks they are rivals with OU. And OU thinks they are rivals with UT. It is a weird situation. CSU should be rivals with Wyoming (same league) like I thought you guys were but no one seems to care about that rivalry anymore.

I wanted your opinion on your team because we don't get many CSU fans around here. The week after we play CSU I would like some CAL people to give me their opinion as well.

my last post with you... naw, you wont get my opinion.. you are arrogant and think way too high of your program. you dont want my opinion, you want more fodder to argue CUs reasons for being a top program and CSU being a little brother... I grew up in colorado, i have family that went to CU.. ive heard it all. Nothing you can say will be new. If you wanted to rationally discuss FB and the game, then you would act like it.. not like an arrogant prick

It is absolutely a rivalry - in the same sense that you have the two largest state schools playing each other every season. I think most Buff fans acknowledge that but like to say that it isn't because they know it gets under the CSU fans' skin.

CU and CSU have played each other as far back as the early 1900's. They were in the same conference for nearly forty years. I think a good comparison to be made is to that of the Washington-Washington State rivalry. While the conference affiliation element is different - there are a many similarities. Washington has a 1 national title (even shared I believe) and an athletic budget that nearly doubles that of Washington State. At the end of the day the Apple Cup has regional meaning and is important to the people in the state. However, outside of the state few are paying attention.

Maybe it is just me and when I grew up rooting for CU. CU and CSU didn't play each other. I grew up seeing CSU as just another game. I felt no different last year before the CSu game as I did before the Wyoming game. The ISU game meant more to me. I shouldn't have said it isn't a rivalry because the word rivalry means something different to everyone.

...my point EXACTLY...there is NO CSU alive that is able to realize that CU overall is a better program and on a national level, a great program. Are we top tier like USC, Nebraska, Michigan, ND, Florida, Texas, etc? No, but we are still a great program...we've just sucked for the last several years. Guess what? History does account for a lot. Yeah, there's a lot of shortsighted people that can only think in terms of the immediate day, but history accounts for a lot of things in life.

1992? idiot...

While I agree that when Lubick was at his peak, he was turning this game into a rivalry, I don't consider this to be a rivalry today. Reason is that Lubcik's success was not sustained, and CU also started to suck. I understand Unleash's comment about Nebraska, and yes, the correlation is definitely there during the mid 80s. However, I will say that once we get to the late 80s through mid 90s, Nebraska and CU were playing for national prominence. The repercussions of the game's outcome had a lot more meaning than whether or not a decent mid-major school beats a reeling major school.

And therein lies the rub for CU fans...while I think the move to the Pac-10 was a positive one financially. CU has effectively ended its rivalry with Nebraska, who will now pair up with Iowa for late season contests. CU's move actually elevated the "rivalry" between CSU and CU, because no matter what many on here may say, at the end of the day CSU gets the average CU fans' ire up a whole lot more than Utah ever will.

Back