What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The real reason the student section is never even half full at kickoff

Thats BS, the line is never that long and as I wrote the solution is just to show up earlier. I've been entering the stadium about 20 minutes before kickoff and it's usually about a 1 minute wait. But again the real problem is that most students just don't care that's why they don't show up to the games earlier.
the line is that long.

I think you should get neg-repped for every post you don't end with whoop-whooooooooop

Look at my sig. Not only does every post end with Woo Woooo, it comes from emoticonbubbrubb.

The long lines are the same basis as people going to get food at halftime with thousands of other people. Some people don't car yeah but a lot do. We're not an SEC school and never will. College kids want to get smashed and hook up with girls, not watch us get rolled.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

Look at my sig. Not only does every post end with Woo Woooo, it comes from emoticonbubbrubb.

I turned signatures off a long time ago and had to turn them back on so i can live the dream too. whoop-whoooooooo

Long lines are part of it, but a crap team is probably more to blame. That said,even when we were good the students weren't always there to see Ralphie run. JRK has a point.

Long lines are part of it, but a crap team is probably more to blame. That said,even when we were good the students weren't always there to see Ralphie run. JRK has a point.

No long lines are 99% of the problem. I showed up 10 minutes early for the USC game and still had to wait in line for 20 minutes.

No long lines are 99% of the problem. I showed up 10 minutes early for the USC game and still had to wait in line for 20 minutes.

If you're not exaggerating, you should really bring this up to Bohn in a respectful and adult manner and see what he says.

Thats BS, the line is never that long and as I wrote the solution is just to show up earlier. I've been entering the stadium about 20 minutes before kickoff and it's usually about a 1 minute wait. But again the real problem is that most students just don't care that's why they don't show up to the games earlier.

Every time I walk by, the students are all queued up in the cattle chute. Line looks long as hell.

Thats BS, the line is never that long

Hmmmm. The 2,000+ students I personally saw standing in the line to get into the game last Friday might like to have a word with you on that. But why bother? You obviously know everything. Those people were just a figment of my imagination. They didn't actually exist. It was like a giant jedi mind trick was being played on me. "No that is NOT a couple thousand students waiting in an unending line waiting to get into the stadium".

Last edited:
Because its a social event is a ****** reason.

How woud you explain it then? Tons of students show up after the game has already started, against USC were down by 17, not even that bad and we were playing better then the score would indicate and yet half the students at that point had left early, and when you're sitting in the student section most people aren't even paying attention to the game, again I bet less then half could tell you the exact score at a given time. You really think most students care?

How woud you explain it then? Tons of students show up after the game has already started, against USC were down by 17, not even that bad and we were playing better then the score would indicate and yet half the students at that point had left early, and when you're sitting in the student section most people aren't even paying attention to the game, again I bet less then half could tell you the exact score at a given time. You really think most students care?

I'd explain it by saying the lines are long.

When I was at CU, you could use a student ticket to get admission into any gate. Does anybody know when that was changed, and why? It makes no sense to me. A ticket is a ticket.

Hmmmm. The 2,000+ students I personally saw standing in the line to get into the game last Friday might like to have a word with you on that. But why bother? You obviously know everything. Those people were just a figment of my imagination. They didn't actually exist. It was like a giant jedi mind trick was being played on me. "No that is NOT a couple thousand students waiting in an unending line waiting to get into the stadium".

And if those students actually gave a sh*t about the game don't you think they would show up earlier so they didn't have to wait in long lines and thus not miss the start of the game?

When I was at CU, you could use a student ticket to get admission into any gate. Does anybody know when that was changed, and why? It makes no sense to me. A ticket is a ticket.

My guess is when alcohol was banned, students snuck in alcohol until it became a problem. Hence forcing them to go through designated gates with beefed up security.

People leave early and don't pay attention during the game because the lines to get in are long?
People leave early because we're getting stomped. People are late because they all show up at gametime and Argus herds a bunch of cattle into the stadium 10 people at a time.

The student support is a lot better, in my feeble memory, than it was 10 years ago.

I think we should only allow the people who really care about watching football into the stadium. That way, we can have even less people show up!

As Frumpy said, more security. Everyone gets a pat down and has to empty their pockets before they can get in which makes the line even longer.

One thing I do agree with is that the issue isn't totally on event management. I'd love to see student feeling it was important to be in the stands for the pre-game warmups. Honestly, things have been so bad the past few years that I don't even do that any more. I'd rather get that one extra drink in at the tailgate.

I think you're expecting too much from your fellow students, though. Getting to biology class on time should be more important to them. Going to a game is something they do because it's fun. The game is secondary. The student culture will change a lot after some sustained success. They'll be more interested since more will be at stake and a lot more of them will have applied to CU, at least in part, because of the football team's success. Frankly, I'm just glad to see so many of them showing up these days.

Probably something to bring up with Bohn... but I'm sure it was because students use cards to get in instead of tickets. Something needs to be fixed about this.

Cu fan and student support is the least of our problems. The lines and where they let students in is recockulous!

The asinine "security" BS is a big problem. I only makes the lack of a full stadium at KO more of a problem. I am sure Bon-Bon has his pat PR prepped answer for why adding yet another stupid procedure that detracts from the atmosphere and makes it less enjoyable to go the game. I doubt he understnads the concept, "the customer is always right". [Insert JRK "the terrorists will blow you to bits" rant here.]

I have been going to Buffs games as a student/alum for two decades. Even when we were ranked in the top 10-15 consistently, the students were late getting there, and were early leaving if the game wasn't close. At any point, the chances of the student section being more than half full at the time Ralphie runs is pretty much nil. It was that way in the golden years of Mac, and has been ever since.

I've always figured it has little to do with anything more than getting their drink on. I imagine when they were selling 3.2 beer to everyone over the age of 18, it probably wasn't that big of a deal, but it has been ever since, and probably wouldn't change even if they started selling beer again in Folsom, seeing as most of the undergrads aren't 21.

Probably something to bring up with Bohn... but I'm sure it was because students use cards to get in instead of tickets. Something needs to be fixed about this.

Heh - I'm showing my age a bit here, but when I was at CU, we got one season pass that had six games on it. We'd show our student ID and the pass to get into any gate. The ticket holder would use a hole punch to punch out the hole of the game we were attending. No actual "ticket", just a little card with six places to punch a hole. If you lost that pass, you were screwed.

Back