What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The recruiting of Jabari Bird

RSSBot

News Junkie
Allow me a brief respite from football talk to delve into some basketball recruiting...

It's no secret that CU is now a hoops name to be reckoned with. Every aspect of the program is on the rise, from on-court production, to the recruiting trail. It's a perfect storm of the right coach seizing upon a conference switch and an upsurge in talent, money, and facilities. Recruits who, in past years, wouldn't have given the program the time of day, are suddenly returning phone calls, and scheduling visits.

Case-in-point, next month Coach Boyle and staff will be hosting 5-star super prospect Jabari Bird. The 6-6 swing guard from NorCal is everything that you look for in an ideal swing-man: height, speed, scoring ability. He "may have the most upside of any wing-type out west," and has emerged as one of the premier recruits on the Left Coast

To even be in the running (reportedly in his final 4) for such a high-profile talent is a testament to how far the program has come over the past few years. Bird would certainly be a difference maker the second he slips on the Black and Gold.

The reported pitch is, "... he (Bird) is the missing piece to the puzzle and potentially the program's next lottery pick." I think the biggest key to that pitch is that it's referencing the "next" lottery pick, rather than the first in a generation. With the NBA matriculation of Alec Burks, and the future prospects of players like Andre Roberson and Josh Scott, Coach Boyle can easily point to a pipeline carrying talent from Boulder to the NBA. Come here, and you too can land in the Association.
Could Bird be the next CU superstar? From: Rivals.com
Unfortunately, I don't think it will work.

Tad Boyle, it pains me to say, is not perfect. Even in the magical 2012 recruiting class he had some high-profile misses, as he failed to secure a signature from 4-star point guards Ty Wallace, and stopped pursuing Dominic Artis. In the end, I doubt this recruiting war will end in anything other than similar disappointment for Buff Nation. Cal (again, ****ing Cal) is the presumed front-runner for his services, and I'd put a lot of money on them winning this battle.

Still, it's pretty cool to say that a 5-star hoops recruit is checking out campus. Get a kid to Boulder, and he might just find something he likes...
8030839680057503187-3566470743204437056

hTWsXyVNcGQ

Allow me a brief respite from football talk to delve into some basketball recruiting...

It's no secret that CU is now a hoops name to be reckoned with. Every aspect of the program is on the rise, from on-court production, to the recruiting trail. It's a perfect storm of the right coach seizing upon a conference switch and an upsurge in talent, money, and facilities. Recruits who, in past years, wouldn't have given the program the time of day, are suddenly returning phone calls, and scheduling visits.

Case-in-point, next month Coach Boyle and staff will be hosting 5-star super prospect Jabari Bird. The 6-6 swing guard from NorCal is everything that you look for in an ideal swing-man: height, speed, scoring ability. He "may have the most upside of any wing-type out west," and has emerged as one of the premier recruits on the Left Coast

To even be in the running (reportedly in his final 4) for such a high-profile talent is a testament to how far the program has come over the past few years. Bird would certainly be a difference maker the second he slips on the Black and Gold.

The reported pitch is, "... he (Bird) is the missing piece to the puzzle and potentially the program's next lottery pick." I think the biggest key to that pitch is that it's referencing the "next" lottery pick, rather than the first in a generation. With the NBA matriculation of Alec Burks, and the future prospects of players like Andre Roberson and Josh Scott, Coach Boyle can easily point to a pipeline carrying talent from Boulder to the NBA. Come here, and you too can land in the Association.
Could Bird be the next CU superstar? From: Rivals.com
Unfortunately, I don't think it will work.

Tad Boyle, it pains me to say, is not perfect. Even in the magical 2012 recruiting class he had some high-profile misses, as he failed to secure a signature from 4-star point guards Ty Wallace, and stopped pursuing Dominic Artis. In the end, I doubt this recruiting war will end in anything other than similar disappointment for Buff Nation. Cal (again, ****ing Cal) is the presumed front-runner for his services, and I'd put a lot of money on them winning this battle.

Still, it's pretty cool to say that a 5-star hoops recruit is checking out campus. Get a kid to Boulder, and he might just find something he likes...
8030839680057503187-3566470743204437056

hTWsXyVNcGQ

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back