What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Return of Whelan

Excellent insight from Will. I love reading his pieces because he includes the little details that you only discover if you really care about your subject matter. He's inspired me to write a little bit for those of you who care to read these things.

The encouraging part about this season has been that several of our players have that "look" that signifies they have 100% confidence in their abilities. Josh Scott has the look. Josh Fortune and George King both have the look on offense, though I would like to see it on defense too. Wesley Gordon has the look on defense.

My theory is that the "look" only comes after repeated validation of one's skills. We are watching Dom grow before our eyes. Dom made several plays in the second half of the Hampton game that showed he was playing with confidence (The full court bounce pass to a streaking Guz that would have been finished by any of our rotation 8/9, the coast to coast layup finished after absorbing contact, the savvy bounce pass under the rim that led to a Tory Miller slam). It's one thing to make those plays against a gassed mid-major. Now coming into a crucial portion of his college Sophomore year maybe he can rediscover what he found as a Sophomore at Denver East.

Back