What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The seed has been planted...

Btw, is there a way I can change that without starting all over?

Don't know. Maybe an admin does? Don't feel you need to or anything though.......

SDBuff said:
I would not have registered as SDBuff if I knew there was another. Sorry for the confusion

No worries at all man, no biggie. :smile2:

This would be pretty underhanded by Bohn, IMHO, unless he's already had THAT discussion with Hawkins. Does Bohn seem like an underhanded kind of guy? Didn't we (and Udub) eviscerate Neweasel for doing just that?

Big differences in the two situations. CU football was rolling along pretty good under Neweasel, and we all wake up one day and find out that he is leaving for UW.

Bohn has a coach that can't win, and has the fans screaming for blood. He has to at least begin the process of what other options might be available.

I'm sure the Bohn and Hawkins have had the start getting W's or else talk.

Unlike Carroll, for that matter. Carroll hadn't done much of anything before he went to USC. He was a pretty mediocre coach at the NFL level. Some success, not a lot.

His stint with the Jets was by far and large forgettable, but he went 27-21 with 2 playoff spots in his 3 years in New England.

I know the chance of getting him is very low and all, but another good thing is that we are not waiting for him to finish a season elsewhere. If Bohn pulls the trigger and Shanahan accepts, he is available NOW. Recruiting has that much more time to stabilize and build rather than having an off year.

Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer I believe. I know Barry Switzer did for sure. But, they're both....nevermind, dont want to start anything.:smile2:

Johnson and Switzer, however, won the MNC first and the Lombardi second.

I also think Shanahan can do all of his commercials and manage his business from Dallas, where I expect to see him next year if the 'boys don't make at least a deep playoff run. Jerry can't afford not to win after building the puntdome.

I also think Shanahan can do all of his commercials and manage his business from Dallas, where I expect to see him next year if the 'boys don't make at least a deep playoff run. Jerry can't afford not to win after building the puntdome.

All the more reason to hire him now, add a huge buy out to his contract so Jerry Jones can be a large CU Donor if he wants Shanahan.:smile2:

Name has been successfully changed...

Artist formerly known as SDBuff (not to be confused with SD Buff!):lol:

All the more reason to hire him now, add a huge buy out to his contract so Jerry Jones can be a large CU Donor if he wants Shanahan.:smile2:
now this is a great idea. no way Shanny agrees to it tho :lol:

This was my first thought as well. However, he has made it clear that he wants control. Can you think of a owner that is more involved in his team than Jerry Jones? Although Jerry is one of the few that could afford to bring Shanny in at $7mil/yr, I think Shanny would have issues with Jerry's meddling.

If he almost took the Florida job years ago, maybe a college job wouldn't be that unrealistic. Plus, he's so connected to the Denver/Colorado community in the form of ridicilous houses, charities, restaurant, sponsorships/commericals, Pat Bowlen's $, etc that maybe he'd stick around.

I agree that 2 years simply is not enough time, but what if we got Charlie Strong to come in for HC money, but put him under Shanny for 2 years to make sure he learns the ropes...since Shanny @ $500k is cheap, we potentially could afford Charlie Strong at $2-3mil/yr while he learns under Shanny.

Shannahan can't hear you with his superbowl rings in his ears. :lol:

What does he do with the third one he has? :smile:

This isn´t a Shanahan/Carroll argument, I am merely pointing out that Pete Carroll was reasonably successful as a HC in the NFL as quite a few people regularly forget this.

This is the biggest of all pipe dreams.

It is an awesome pipe dream, though.

If I was Bohn and I could get Shanahan to commit, I'd fire Hawkins immmediately.

I just don't want to get left at the alter ala Kubiak.

This was my first thought as well. However, he has made it clear that he wants control. Can you think of a owner that is more involved in his team than Jerry Jones? Although Jerry is one of the few that could afford to bring Shanny in at $7mil/yr, I think Shanny would have issues with Jerry's meddling.

If he almost took the Florida job years ago, maybe a college job wouldn't be that unrealistic. Plus, he's so connected to the Denver/Colorado community in the form of ridicilous houses, charities, restaurant, sponsorships/commericals, Pat Bowlen's $, etc that maybe he'd stick around.

I agree that 2 years simply is not enough time, but what if we got Charlie Strong to come in for HC money, but put him under Shanny for 2 years to make sure he learns the ropes...since Shanny @ $500k is cheap, we potentially could afford Charlie Strong at $2-3mil/yr while he learns under Shanny.

I thought of this, too, but I don't think Shanahan gets the control he craves in a college job. I think $$$ can make strange bedfellows in the NFL.

Neweasel = coach, Bohn = AD. Different imho. Plus there is the whole performance issue.

I don't think it's that different, personally. You paint yourself into a corner. This is out, and if it's true, Hawkins is one unhappy camper. Maybe we all don't care, but if you're the AD and taking this step, you may as well leap.

ain't a possibility and I guarrantee you that Bohn is not talking.

wearhouse.jpg

I can't see Shanny working for a meddling owner, much less one who wants to draft and help coach. Al Davis was his first HC job and resume builder, he won't do that again.

Shanny has already worked for an NFL owner who promised him control then couldn't keep his hands off in Davis (before he went completely senile.) Shanny still hates him with a passion. What makes anyone think that he would tollerate JJ any better.

At CU he would have complete control over his assistants, over which players get recruited, which players play, and he wouldn't have to deal with player contract issues to boot.

I talked with a former Bronco player a few years back who stated that the Bronco offense was by far the most complicated he had ever seen at any level including his contact with other NFL teams. He said at the same time it was easy to learn because Shanny built it in levels and everything logically followed the thing before it. From the sound of how he described it he would be able to implement it fairly easily at the college level. I don't think that Hawks problems come from a bad scheme on O as much as a very poor job of teaching it.

ain't a possibility and I guarrantee you that Bohn is not talking.

I'm not saying I put much into the Shanny rumor, but I think there is a great chance that Bohn is putting out feelers to guys through different channels right now. If not, he is not doing his job.

I just don't get the Shanny love here. I don't think his personality translates well to college coaching. On the up side, he could have recruits over to his palace. That might impress them. He is probably also pretty well connected to shakers and movers in Denver and might be able to shake some money out of that tree.

This is the biggest of all pipe dreams.

It is an awesome pipe dream, though.

If I was Bohn and I could get Shanahan to commit, I'd fire Hawkins immmediately.

I just don't want to get left at the alter ala Kubiak.

:dito: oh, how I wish this would come true, there would be reason to do the dance of joy again. This dance has not been done since D Scott chose CU.

I just don't get the Shanny love here. I don't think his personality translates well to college coaching. On the up side, he could have recruits over to his palace. That might impress them. He is probably also pretty well connected to shakers and movers in Denver and might be able to shake some money out of that tree.

Most of your post explained the dream of having Shanny as the HC, and you don't get it.:confused:

Look at Sabin, doesn't strike me as the most college player friendly coach but everywhere he goes... (in College, no one could help the Dolphins when he was there)

Back