What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Show

Your stats show me a remarkably small amount of jumpers get blocked. He'll, most of those probably aren't set shots. Also, right in the article it mentioned Marion. I'll throw in Kevin Martin as another guy who has an ugly low release and has never had problems. There are tons of other guys I could name off, but I'll save time since it's obviously such a huge issue to this board.

Your stats show me a remarkably small amount of jumpers get blocked. He'll, most of those probably aren't set shots. Also, right in the article it mentioned Marion. I'll throw in Kevin Martin as another guy who has an ugly low release and has never had problems. There are tons of other guys I could name off, but I'll save time since it's obviously such a huge issue to this board.
You're right, proper form is overrated in sports. We're wasting our time here. Might as well go read the 50th thread about how Dre needs to improve his shooting stroke to improve his odds of being drafted...

Do you also understand he will be open for a shot far less with a low release? So he may not get blocked much, but he won't be able to get a shot up in many situations where he would be able to if he had better form. That decreases his value as a player.

Josh Perkins: It was a mixed bag for me watching Perkins. In the first half, he looked completely disinterested in doing anything that wasn't going to make the SportsCenter Top 10 list, and didn't make much of an impact. His second half was much better, hitting a nice pull-up jumper from about 15 feet and a couple of tough, contested 3's from near the NBA line. He got to the hoop at times, but didn't finish well, even getting stuffed by the front of the rim on a clear breakaway opportunity. Perkins did have several assists, but most came on lobs, and I didn't see the distribution skills I saw from Collier. This obviously wasn't the best showcase for Perkins, but he wasn't a standout athletically, and I just expect to see more from a kid rated in the top-30 in his class.

I've seen him play a couple times now and I echo those sentiments. His on-court demeanor is pitiful. Beyond pitiful.

@William_Whelan: Dominique Collier's release is only three inches higher, but his form is night and day. Dangerous shooter from deep now.

weird that a 17 yr old kid is working on his mechanics and getting better........some would say he is developing......

Will's obviously getting bad information. Everyone knows Dom had nowhere to go but down if he tweaked his mechanics...

And on a related note, I can't say enough how excited I am to see Dom take the torch from Dinwiddie next year. We're going to get really spoiled with the quality of PG play over the next few seasons.

Will's obviously getting bad information. Everyone knows Dom had nowhere to go but down if he tweaked his mechanics...

And on a related note, I can't say enough how excited I am to see Dom take the torch from Dinwiddie next year. We're going to get really spoiled with the quality of PG play over the next few seasons.

I never said a kid couldn't or shouldn't change his shot. If a guy isn't a good shooter, then no **** he can get better by changing his form. If a guy is a good shooter with poor form, which Dom wasn't, then there is no reason to mess with form.

I never said a kid couldn't or shouldn't change his shot. If a guy isn't a good shooter, then no **** he can get better by changing his form. If a guy is a good shooter with poor form, which Dom wasn't, then there is no reason to mess with form.

hmmmm

In regards to Dom's jumper, go watch Hulls from Indiana this year. Shoulder sling shot. If it works, he doesn't need to change it.

You mentioned multiple times that Dom shouldn't change his mechanics and that it wouldn't impact his game to keep that low release. At least own that.

Dom's mechanics were always a concern. It sounds like he's focused on that recently and the results have been positive. That's huge for his future development and good for all of us as Buff fans. Let's just leave it at that.

You don't mess with what works. That's a good way to screw up a guys development.

Semi-wrong! That's what coaching is all about. What "works" on the playground or in HS, doesn't automatically transfer to the next level as what "works" there. Trick is to keep the good that translates to the next level and develop small differences into transformative changes that will work.

Back