1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The silver lining - there's no doubting Hawk's incompetence

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Sep 11, 2010.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Going into this game, there were folks who said "we have more experience this year", and "the talent level is finally where we need it to be", and blah, blah, blah. After this, only a truly insane person can look at the clusterfuk that has become Colorado football and come away with any conclusion other than the fact that Hawkins is completely and totally incompetent. He simply can't coach. He's a worthless head coach in every sense of the word, and there's no denying it.

GoldenBuff likes this.
  2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I think Hawkins has proven that he can be a decent coach, he was 55-11 or something at Boise State, after all -- but not at a place like CU.

I think Hawkins would do a decent job in a program in an easy conference (WAC, MWC, Sun Belt, etc.) where he can have a team full of Scotty McKnight, Kyle Cefalo, Cody Hawkins type players.

Outside of that, he's shown that he is completely, totally, absolutely, positively, outside of his element.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If anything, the way Boise has played after he left would lead one to believe that he sucked there, too.

4. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

What is Boise's record since he left? I doubt they have lost 11 games in the same time span that he coached. I could be wrong, and defenitly am too lazy to look it up.

5. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

He was decent because he surrounded himself with decent assistants...

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Well - Hawkins was at Boise for 5 years. He went 53-11.

Peterson is 50-4 in the 4+ (this is his 5th year) years since Hawkins left.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

how many of Hawk's assistants were already on Koetter's Boise staff when K took the ASU job? Who went with Koetter, any? How many did Hawk hire?

honest question. don't expect anyone to know off-hand, but would be interesting to know.

8. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

My dad brought up an interesting point today, not sure if it's 100% true, but Hawkins never even beat a decent team on the road at Boise. I believe that with the conference they in.

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

I don't know how many were Koetter's coaches -- but I do know that Hawkins brought Peterson in to be his OC in his first year as head coach at Boise.

10. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

that was more dumb luck than anything, though. peterson had never been an offensive coordinator up to that point.

11. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Oh, I agree. But it showed good insight on Hawkins' part to bring him in.

Of course, Peterson might be just like Hawkins. If he ever went to a BCS school he might get whipped all day long. It I'm Peterson I am loving my life in Boise!!