What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"The Spire Showdown" CSU leading

This has been on the news all week. Obviously you don't follow the news that closely, or you would have heard how CSU has now sold over 30,000 tickets as of this afternoon.

dr_evil_right.jpeg

That number was mentioned on ramnation by someone who said they asked the ticket office while placing an order and the office replied almost/near/something like that 30K. I imagine it's optimistic but I do anticipate a larger crowd this year than the last few.

I'd expect more coming of a decent season for you guys as well, 30K is a ridiculous number though CSU hasn't pulled that since we both used to be ranked. hell a 50% improvement over last year doesnt get them to 25k

"I live with it because after so many people told me what it meant to them and how excited they were — in particular the CSU fans — I kind of realized that there was this pent up frustration and emotion in CSU fans and they didn't know how to let it get out," Van Pelt said. "But that one play seemed to be exactly what a lot people wanted to see. That's how we need to play, that's how we need to look at CU. Not as the larger brother, but as equals."

What a tool. There's nothing about CU and CSU that is "equal". I swear that moron has the IQ of a turnip.

30K is the number of tickets they have to sell, not the number of tickets they have sold. I can see how that would be a difficult distinction to make. :rofl:

One major difference here: CSU is actually trying to sell tickets. CU is apologizing to its season ticket holders for the inconveniences and extra charges caused by this game.

CU is trying to kill this game -- at least as a Denver event.

One major difference here: CSU is actually trying to sell tickets. CU is apologizing to its season ticket holders for the inconveniences and extra charges caused by this game.

This is true. I haven't seen anything from CU trying to sell tickets to this game. Nothing. Weird.

And I'm all on board with that strategy. My only concern is the student tickets. Are we really only going to sell 6k this year?

Regardless, seeing CSU actually move some tickets is a step in the right direction for us.

Regardless, seeing CSU actually move some tickets is a step in the right direction for us.
It would be. Sorry I'm not taking ramnation as a credible source. Doesn't mean you aren't selling tix, of course.

It would be. Sorry I'm not taking ramnation as a credible source. Doesn't mean you aren't selling tix, of course.
Of course. I'm going off the AD quoted number. If we were at 22K two days ago then that bodes well for an increase on the CSU side from previous years. I'm not projecting 30K sold by CSU, but I think at least 25K would be a reasonable guess.

I'd expect more coming of a decent season for you guys as well, 30K is a ridiculous number though CSU hasn't pulled that since we both used to be ranked. hell a 50% improvement over last year doesnt get them to 25k

50% improvement would actually get us to 34,500 tix. CSU sold 23,000 last year, most in awhile

Exactly, I hear CSU ads for the game. And I hear Denver Sports Commission ads for the game (neutrals), but I hear nothing but the absolute bare minimum from CU about it.

You dont say?

Tickets for the Rocky Mountain Showdown start at $25 and can be purchased online at www.csurams.com/tickets. Tickets purchased through CU start at $55 and can be ordered at www.cubuffs.com/tickets.

? most of the people I went to school with are now in Denver.

I mean don't legitimize this game anymore with polls or publicize it period in Denver. Need to move it back to campus and eventually kill the series. Things like this will be heavily biased in favor of the fanbase who cares more, and ours should be indifferent beyond just winning the game.

Back