What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The State of In-State Recruiting

The state of in-state recruiting?

• Total voters
Hey ratatouille, don't you realize that last year MacIntyre got 4 of the Top 10? That is like it was for Hawkins. And how many local Colorado Hawkins commits AAs?

How many of those 10 are P5 level players though, the state was probably only 4-5 deep last year and we got 2 of those.

Your last sentence was incoherent, but if you're asking about specific Hawk recruits then: Miller, Solder, Cunningham, Major, Givens, Adkins, Jack Harris, Kasa, Pericek, Orms...probably missing some others too.

Last edited:
Miller-Solid contributor, not 5*esque Solder-Barnett commit Cunningham-Solid contributor Major-Didn't have the speed to play P5 Givens, Adkins, Harris-Solid contributors but not top half conference players, Orms was a CO heart kid through and through with no P5 offers

You missed Kasa, best recruit but should have followed Meyer's advice and played TE. May still be in the NFL if he had played it all his years.

You missed Kasa, best recruit but should have followed Meyer's advice and played TE. May still be in the NFL if he had played it all his years.

I thought Kasa was advised to play OT at Florida, instead of DE (which seemingly ever other program was recruiting him as) and that's why he decommitted and came to CU? Then when he got hurt and DE didn't work out he made the switch to TE his last year, correct?

Miller-Solid contributor, not 5*esque Solder-Barnett commit Cunningham-Solid contributor Major-Didn't have the speed to play P5 Givens, Adkins, Harris-Solid contributors but not top half conference players, Orms was a CO heart kid through and through with no P5 offers

I'm not talking about how those players turned out as Buffs (Givens as a solid contributer?? Not quite). I'm talking about them as recruits - Miller, Major, Kasa, Givens, and Harris were legit blue chip recruits that we had to beat out a litany of P5 schools to land. The others were solid recruits with options and guys who would be at our near the top of our class the last couple years.

Doesn't really seem like things have changed much even after this staff has clearly put more emphasis on the state. Hopefully all the time they put in pays off next year when it really matters.

I think this staff has really focused on keeping P5 kids here with some success...better than in the past.

How about this...we keep the kids worthy of offers in the state at CU, but don't offer every kid with a HUdl tape. Personally, I love the approach of recruiting the Southeast and getting some kids from there. I would rather grab a rivals 5.6 from FL than CO. It will get us to where we need to be faster. I'm not happy about it but that's the reality. This isn't a popularity contest.

It's not really hard to pick out the players we want to be landing from this state.

We are talking about *highschool* lets stop rewriting history:
Miller - #23 player in the country, great get at the time, very goods college player, NFL coffee drinker
Solder - recruited by barney, hawk held on to him and was the one who flipped him to OT years later, give credit where its due. As a TE solder probably doesnt make the league.
Cunnungham - Check
Major - didnt have the speed after multiple massive injuries and was still a force despite that, was a top-150 player his offer list include: Oregon, Oklahoma, Wiscy, if you dont have p5 speed Oregon aint calling.
Givens when in the game was a top half contributor
Adkins and harris would have seen snaps on good teams - check
Orms committed early and was showing interest from UW and KSU many didnt even try because he was a CU lock.

You've been corrected on Kasa already and you also forgot Perkins who was ranked higher than some on your list and was a contributor for us.

How about this...we keep the kids worthy of offers in the state at CU, but don't offer every kid with a HUdl tape. Personally, I love the approach of recruiting the Southeast and getting some kids from there. I would rather grab a rivals 5.6 from FL than CO. It will get us to where we need to be faster. I'm not happy about it but that's the reality. This isn't a popularity contest.

I'd put a program in place for instate that auto offered Colorado Mr. Football for 5a

We are talking about *highschool* lets stop rewriting history:
Miller - #23 player in the country, great get at the time, very goods college player, NFL coffee drinker
Solder - recruited by barney, hawk held on to him and was the one who flipped him to OT years later, give credit where its due. As a TE solder probably doesnt make the league.
Cunnungham - Check
Major - didnt have the speed after multiple massive injuries and was still a force despite that, was a top-150 player his offer list include: Oregon, Oklahoma, Wiscy, if you dont have p5 speed Oregon aint calling.
Givens when in the game was a top half contributor
Adkins and harris would have seen snaps on good teams - check
Orms committed early and was showing interest from UW and KSU many didnt even try because he was a CU lock.

You've been corrected on Kasa already and you also forgot Perkins who was ranked higher than some on your list and was a contributor for us.

Perkins was not offered a scholarship until very late and didn't have many other offers.

Kasa was asked to play TE by Florida but was set on DE. https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=894212

Main thing I am saying is we got a pretty damn good group and a bunch of asses start questioning if MacIntyre is recruiting worth a crap in-state. Last year proved he is making strides for a program that has been **** and not given a lot of young guys anything to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much of my frustration in the past with in-state recruiting was with guys CU didn't offer. The non-recruitment of Kenny Bell still grinds my gears.

Perkins was not offered a scholarship until very late and didn't have many other offers.

Kasa was asked to play TE by Florida but was set on DE. https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=894212

Main thing I am saying is we got a pretty damn good group and a bunch of asses start questioning if MacIntyre is recruiting worth a crap in-state. Last year proved he is making strides for a program that has been **** and not given a lot of young guys anything to look forward to.

That is great you found an article those of us that were here and followed it closely know his consternation was about Urban not being honest and having designs on him being a tackle.

As for Perk he was #8 instate a bar several other's you decided to single out did not meet.

That is great you found an article those of us that were here and followed it closely know his consternation was about Urban not being honest and having designs on him being a tackle.

As for Perk he was #8 instate a bar several other's you decided to single out did not meet.

Wasn't there also something with Kasa and a girlfriend who was coming to CU? I might be thinking of someone else. Anyway, kids don't always decide for the best of reasons.

Wasn't there also something with Kasa and a girlfriend who was coming to CU? I might be thinking of someone else. Anyway, kids don't always decide for the best of reasons.

That was in play too, a couple members in-appropriately creeped her and posted pics, honestly Nick should have gone to florida and he should have embraced playing tackle - he probably would have made a **** ton of money.

I was around too buddy. He said TE that may become T. He should have listened. He may have been a Solder or Lepsis.

And I liked Perkins. Many guys that have been recruited are Perkins types. Need some work but will contribute like Roberts. CUs best players are 90% of the time from out of state.

Last edited:

You may also be thinking Lynott this past year. Huge factor. We just need to get Kemp hooked up w/ an incoming fresh I guess.

That was in play too, a couple members in-appropriately creeped her and posted pics, honestly Nick should have gone to florida and he should have embraced playing tackle - he probably would have made a **** ton of money.

I thought it was Orms' girlfriend who was creeped on with pics posted. I don't remember Kasa's.

I'd put a program in place for instate that auto offered Colorado Mr. Football for 5a

But then we'd have offered Milo Hall (walk on at CSU who flipped to taking a scholarship at Wyoming) and Andrew Wingard (scholarship to Wyoming) from this last cycle. Great players; not P5 worthy. 2016 and 2017 cycles seem to be different, however.

IMO, if Urban Meyer says you project at a certain position, I would probably listen and fully embrace it.

There are plenty of skill players from Cali , Tex, AZ , to replace CO prep players who leave the state . I just hate seeing the big uglies , TEs , and LBs leave the state. For all I know Stoll and Kemp ( not over yet )have had the full court press applied to them by the staff and if they just want to leave , I get that . My hope was that we would already begin to see the impacts of the "program upgrades" on recruiting but maybe do just need to win.

In my OP, I meant that the staffs effort have improved state wide but the effort hasn't translated to many LOI, yet .

Growing up and going to the games , I loved looking over CUs roster and seeing CO kids on it. Being from the Springs and watching him at Palmer , Bobby Purify was my favorite Buff for a long time . Idk maybe it's just the nostalgia in me that wants more DESERVING CO prep kids to stay and play in Boulder.

There are plenty of skill players from Cali , Tex, AZ , to replace CO prep players who leave the state . I just hate seeing the big uglies , TEs , and LBs leave the state. For all I know Stoll and Kemp ( not over yet )have had the full court press applied to them by the staff and if they just want to leave , I get that . My hope was that we would already begin to see the impacts of the "program upgrades" on recruiting but maybe do just need to win.

In my OP, I meant that the staffs effort have improved state wide but the effort hasn't translated to many LOI, yet .

Growing up and going to the games , I loved looking over CUs roster and seeing CO kids on it. Being from the Springs and watching him at Palmer , Bobby Purify was my favorite Buff for a long time . Idk maybe it's just the nostalgia in me that wants more DESERVING CO prep kids to stay and play in Boulder.

There's definitely something special about cheering for a "favorite son". It's important to have home-grown talent on CU teams. As much as I believe in signing the best talent possible every year, I also think there's a cultural element to the program that demands for there to be in-state players on the roster. I'm ok with bigger risks and reaches for in-state prospects than I am for out-of-state prospects.

Back