What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The state of the CU athletic department

I fail to see how it was bitching and moaning, it was commentary. Not that an intelligent response would be expected from this cesspool.

His hires have well under a .500 record at the schools he hires them at - I think that would qualify for some speculation that they might be bad hires, don't you?

Who are you talking about? Bzdelik and Hawkins were well above .500. I'm not sure about the other sports. The only other coach Bohn hired was KMM i believe

I fail to see how it was bitching and moaning, it was commentary. Not that an intelligent response would be expected from this cesspool.

You're a defensive little prick, aren't you? It was bitching & moaning because you sound like a ****ing broken record saying the same **** over & over again hoping someone will finally believe that you know what the **** you're talking about. Settle down & enjoy life a little more.

You're a defensive little prick, aren't you? It was bitching & moaning because you sound like a ****ing broken record saying the same **** over & over again hoping someone will finally believe that you know what the **** you're talking about. Settle down & enjoy life a little more.

Irony at it's finest.

Who are you talking about? Bzdelik and Hawkins were well above .500. I'm not sure about the other sports. The only other coach Bohn hired was KMM i believe

I was referring to the records at the schools he hires them at, not their records at other schools before they get there.

I would say boise state has been about the same since Hawkins left.

2003-2005 Hawk was 33-6 at bsu
2006-2008 peterson is 35-3 at bsu (would be 34-4 without the fluke win against OU)

Meh, both of those records are impressive, but I'll take the one with an undefeated season, BCS bowl win, top 5 finish, and the makings of another undefeated season.

Meh, both of those records are impressive, but I'll take the one with an undefeated season, BCS bowl win, top 5 finish, and the makings of another undefeated season.

lets see how boise does after all of Hawks recruits are gone

I love how Hawk's 'Win/Loss' record is viewed in some sort of vacuum. I would love (or not) to see Barnett's record over the last 3 years... it wouldn't be pretty.

Let's recap

Year 1) NO QUARTERBACK, some talent left-over from Gary's better recruiting years, but no real talent to look forward to developing. 2- 10 (almost beating UG)
Year 2) Solid recruiting class, we get a serviceable QB (still a freshman), but we remain young at most offensive positions. Defense plays well. 6 -7 with victory over NU, OU, and CSU
Year 3) Excellent recruiting class. The offense is derailed by huge blows to the offensive line (amongst other positions). Very young at key positions, including RB, QB, OLine, LB. D plays well, but gets worn down, 5 - 7 with a victory over WVU, tough games given to NU, OSU, FSU, and KU - but no horses to finish.

CU is clearly improving. It may not be reflected in the W-L at this point, but we are stocking talent, and we are achieving some milestone victories each year. Are we where we want to be? No, but your bitching and whining (yes, that is what it is) is inaccurate and unintelligent.

It is like you want Hawk to flip a switch and nab us 9 wins. It ain't the easy bud

Some of 04's criticisms are valid, IMO. I don't think it should take four years to turn around a football program. The cupboard was not that bare when he showed up. Dizon, Wheatley, Charles, White (Yeah, remember White? The guy who nearly pulled out the bowl game?), Crosby... With all of those guys, we stunk on ice and we haven't gotten markedly better since.

It shouldn't take three years to turn around a basketball program. Look at what Bob Huggins did at KSU or what Bobby Knight did at Tech. They turned two dog sh!t programs into sweet 16 contenders IN ONE YEAR. The right coach can turn a program into a winner overnight in college basketball. We're a long, LOOOOONNNNNGGGG way from being a winner here.

04 also makes a good point that if you look at his hires at other schools (SDSU, Idaho), none of them have really done much. Of the people he's hired, I don't think any of them has a winning record at the school he hired them to (somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I'm too lazy to get the statistics).That's not good.

Before anybody gets too crazy on me, I'm a big fan of Mike Bohn. This athletic department was stuck in the dark ages when he showed up. I think we'd be in much, much worse shape without him than we are with him. I think we owe him a big "thank you" for making it cool to be associated with CU again. But he has to be very frustrated, as are we all, with the level of play on the field and on the court.

Not that an intelligent response would be expected from this cesspool.

I resemble that remark.

04's observations are legit. Hawkins is a proven loser during his three year tenure at CU and Allbuffs is a cesspool.

There's not a buff fan out there who fails to recognize where CU landed in the pecking order of college football this season. And the fan base is dividing right now between whether or not Hawkins and his staff can get it done. Next year will be very telling. There never has been more urgency for Hawkins to convert the naysayers with results on the field.

That said, there is a camp who still believe in the players that Hawkins has recruited. Many haven't yet given up on Hawkins and would like to see how these recruits pan out as juniors and seniors under Hawk's system. Many would like to see Hawkins succeed and struggle to work his way out of this 13-24 record and believe that it is still possible for CU to win with one of the coolest coaches in FB. Many believe that to tout all the warts without recognizing the potential is short sighted.

The word from the cesspool is that bringing a "debby downer" attitude in frustration is bound to happen, especially after a bad loss or a dismal season. But to dwell on the low points time and again, week in and week out, and wallowing in Hawk's W/L record a staple of multiple posts is simply not particularly insightful, nor entertaining.

The cesspool wants more unique analysis, more clever suggestions, more funny self depricating humor and more entertainment value than the typical bog standard pitchfork bearing know-it all fan with an axe to grind.

I resemble that remark.

04's observations are legit. Hawkins is a proven loser during his three year tenure at CU and Allbuffs is a cesspool.

There's not a buff fan out there who fails to recognize where CU landed in the pecking order of college football this season. And the fan base is dividing right now between whether or not Hawkins and his staff can get it done. Next year will be very telling. There never has been more urgency for Hawkins to convert the naysayers with results on the field.

That said, there is a camp who still believe in the players that Hawkins has recruited. Many haven't yet given up on Hawkins and would like to see how these recruits pan out as juniors and seniors under Hawk's system. Many would like to see Hawkins succeed and struggle to work his way out of this 13-24 record and believe that it is still possible for CU to win with one of the coolest coaches in FB. Many believe that to tout all the warts without recognizing the potential is short sighted.

The word from the cesspool is that bringing a "debby downer" attitude in frustration is bound to happen, especially after a bad loss or a dismal season. But to dwell on the low points time and again, week in and week out, and wallowing in Hawk's W/L record a staple of multiple posts is simply not particularly insightful, nor entertaining.

The cesspool wants more unique analysis, more clever suggestions, more funny self depricating humor and more entertainment value than the typical bog standard pitchfork bearing know-it all fan with an axe to grind.

"**** you" is much more concise and to the point.

96 went with "kick your dog" when his signature reply would have been just as good. The dood is slackin'.

I was just trying for a little variety. Guess I shoulda stuck with the basics. Your treatise above is on the money; I do not doubt the validity of 04's criticisms, it's just the constant harping that gets to me.

Back