What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Third Annual Shameless "CU at the Game" Promotional Thread

MontanaBuff

The Third Annual Shameless "CU at the Game" Promotion Thread

Greetings, Buff fans, from CU at the Game!

For 364 days a year, I try to be a good citizen of AllBuffs. I check in almost every day, posting the occasional comment (unless you count the Blogs section, which has become my own little home away from home. "Blogs" is an underutilized section of AllBuffs!).

Once a year, however, my friends here at AllBuffs indulge me with a self-promotional thread.

So here it goes ... For those of you unfamiliar with www.cuatthegame.com, it is website dedicated to Colorado football. During the season, the preview for each game is posted under "T.I.P.S." for the game, broken down as:

T - Talent. Simply put, which team has the better horses;
I - Intangibles. Because factors other than talent play a role in the outcome;
P - Preparation/Schedule. Does either team have a short week to prepare? Who’s hot? Who’s hurt?; and
S - Statistics. You won’t be at the site for long before you realize that I love the numbers!

Normally during the season, the preview is up on Wednesday nights (though the CSU game preview has already been posted), with the review coming on Sunday mornings. In addition, as news happens during the week, The Colorado Daily section of CU at the Game will keep you apprised of any late breaking news. There are also reoccurring threads on conference expansion and the Buffs move to the Pac-12.

At the heart of CU at the Game, though, is the section which I can guarantee you will not find on any other website - the "Archived Seasons". There you will find a writeup of every single game Colorado has played ... since 1980.

Want to check out "The Catch"?, the "Fifth down game"?, or need a CU over Nebraska fix (20-10 in 1986 is my favorite, though you might prefer 27-21, 27-12, 62-36 or 65-51)? It's all there. Though the website aspect of CU at the Game is three years old, the fact is that I have been working on the Archives since 1996. I invite you to spend some time with these stories (and don’t forget to post your own memories while you’re there!).

As a reminder of what can be found in the Archives, on the front page of the website I post an "Archive Game of the Week". Normally, I would match up a game from the past featuring that week’s opponent, but, in honor of the 1990 national championship team, each week this fall we’ll be working through that magical campaign. Up this week: #5 Colorado v. #8 Tennessee in the inaugural Pigskin Classic.

Finally, I do send out emails when the previews and reviews are posted (then revert to weekly emails during recruiting and spring ball). If you would like to be on the email update list, just drop me a note at cuatthegame@gmail.com. It’s free, and I won’t bother you with any extraneous emails unless something important happens (e.g., the Pac-12 divisions are set; there’s a regime change in Boulder).

So, now you’ve got your marching orders ... 1) go to www.cuatthegame.com and bookmark the site; and 2) send me an email to get on the update list.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming ...

Last edited:
Always enjoy these game breakdowns Montana...thanks again and look forward to some good reads throughout the season :thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned, Montana, you could plug cuatthegame the other 364 days as well. It's a service to CU fans everywhere, and a visible labor of love. Keep up the great work.

Go Buffs!

Back