1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Thomas PR

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dio, Oct 27, 2012.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Jon and staff lost the team. Not that anyone with the ability to do anything about it cares.

3. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

I dunno about Henderson - at that point he had no shot. But I agree with your point. Embree said on the pre-game radio show that Oregon wasn't a good tackle-breaking team. It sure seemed to me that they broke a lot of tackles to me. IMO, broken tackles are a sign of laziness. You can break down, be fundamentally sound, wrap up, and make a good tackle, or you can just flail at the ballcarrier - we did the latter way too often, you see it in that punt return.

O'Neil had a pretty decent first half. Too bad the longer his punts were, the longer the Oregon TD drives were.

4. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Agree.

Yeah, I think he was way past Henderson at that point. Still...

As far as missed tackles, I listened two the first half on the radio, and I remember thinking that every play that we were on d that it seemed like the announcers mentioned at least a couple of missed tackles.

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Agree on the level of effort. To give Henderson the benefit of a doubt he is out there playing on a bad leg but how often do you see our defense hustling to the ball and gang tackling, how often do you see the offensive players going beyond their responsibility to pick up the extra block.

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Henderson has outside contain on his side. He's doing his job of not overpursueing.

7. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

this team doesnt care anymore, they know they have a lameduck coach and admin.

8. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Don't agree at all. He jogs along a number of times throughout the play, assuming the play is over

9. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

If we're talking about when he is still running across the field, I'm going to agree with you here. The play I would use as it's opposite was the one made by that Georgia LB when he forced a fumble on the goal line. In that case, the TE had made the catch, and was already turning up field. The LB was already behind the play, but SPRINTED downfield and made contact and forced a fumble.

Henderson was just trying to "Keep his lane" or whatever, so he was just sort of strolling across the field, trailing Thomas. By the time Henderson realized Thomas had a lane to cut up, he was not in a position to make the play.

Edit: Video. I would say between about 7 and 10 seconds was the problem.
    [video=youtube;oqy7q73MbYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqy7q73MbYE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012