1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The tight ends

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, May 31, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We really need these guys to step up this year with our issues at WR. I'm particularly interested in seeing how Deehan does. If we are going to have success in the passing game this year, at least one of these guys has to get about 25-30 catches.

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Deehan is going to be awesome

3. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Agreed, Lockridge to the slot. And hope Thornton is a big time player.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

the TE position has been a mystery to me in the Hawk era. Geer makes plays all day in Year 1 win over ISU and doesn't see the ball for the next 3 weeks.

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

No doubt. The huge catch Geer had at the start of the NU game last season got me out of the seat a little bit. I kept thinking where the hell has that been all season? I looked it up and Geer basically had the same amount of catches in his freshman year as he has had in his sophomore/junior seasons combined. Very strange.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i guess the easy answers are 1. blame Helfrich or 2. had to keep the TE's in for pass protection (what little there was of it).

but, i don't get it. i have in my mind a pretty solid correlation between Buff W's and the TE getting touches the last 3 seasons.

7. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Agreed with Geer, but he was also injured for some of his sophomore or junior years, I can't remember.

Mick is right as well, but I'd also like to add that throwing to the TE usually requires a taller QB or better passing lanes to go over the middle.

With the hope that we go to a more run-oriented team then it should open up a lot of opportunities for the TEs. It'll keep the LBs on their toes as they have to quickly determine if the TEs are blocking or going out for a pass. Given that we are having problems at depth at WR the TEs are going to determine whether we win 10 (or come close to it) or not, imo.