1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Truth about UCLA...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by TZISKIN, Jan 30, 2012.

1. TZISKIN

TZISKIN Well-Known Member

Look, we all liked to make fun of them early on this season... I mean, they did start 2-5. That said, everyone CONTINUES to talk about this team like they are a bunch of scrubs... and that's just not the case. In all honesty, they're a pretty good basketball team, especially in the aftermath of the Reeves Nelson drama. To be honest, despite their overall record, it's hard to look at ANY of their losses and say, damn, that's just embarrassing outside of Loyola Marymount at home, but even they are 101 in the RPI and it was the first game of the season. It might be time to realize that we probably aren't going to beat a team like this on the 2nd half of a road trip on short rest. We should be able to accept that I think. Anyone disagree?

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

They are a team built to dominate us this year. I wasn't surprised at all.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Fair assessment for this season.

I picked them to win the Pac-12 in the preseason. They're more talented and are a huge matchup problem for us with the way their team is built. On Saturday, we also ran into them playing at peak efficiency. Simply was not going to be a win for us.

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I expected the loss. We also didn't play horribly. They just made everything. I'm past it, moved on. Oregon State is my focus.

5. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

UCLA would have beat alot of teams the other day. Bad matchup as everybody has pointed out and those ****ers seemed to make every shot they took. Hopefully we have some better luck this week.