What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Ultimate Slap in the Face...

JWP303

CollegeFootballNews.com released their 2011 Spring Preview Rankings of all the FBS schools. This is how they think the final rankings will end up.

78. Colorado State 7-5
The Spring Call: The Rams will still be struggling to breathe against the teams with a pulse, but they’ll get just enough easy games to come up with a winning regular season. When the best win of your season will be at UNLV, you know the schedule is light and bouncy.

82. Colorado 4-9
The Spring Call: The Buffs will be pumped up for its Pac-12 debut against California, and then it’ll be uh-oh time. The secondary won’t handle Hawaii’s passing game in the season opener, going to Ohio State won’t be a plus, and then conference play gets really, really rough. If the Buffs win three Pac-12 games, consider it a success.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1061646.html

CollegeFootballNews.com released their 2011 Spring Preview Rankings of all the FBS schools. This is how they think the final rankings will end up.

78. Colorado State 7-5
The Spring Call: The Rams will still be struggling to breathe against the teams with a pulse, but they’ll get just enough easy games to come up with a winning regular season. When the best win of your season will be at UNLV, you know the schedule is light and bouncy.

82. Colorado 4-9
The Spring Call: The Buffs will be pumped up for its Pac-12 debut against California, and then it’ll be uh-oh time. The secondary won’t handle Hawaii’s passing game in the season opener, going to Ohio State won’t be a plus, and then conference play gets really, really rough. If the Buffs win three Pac-12 games, consider it a success.

scary thing is thats not even a worst case.

78. Colorado State 7-5

82. Colorado 4-9

This is reality. Nobody is going to pick CU to do anything positive until we show something.

As much as I'd like to believe Embree will deliver a winning season in year one, I'm not counting on it.

He's got the passion and will to win. But it's not proven that he has the capacity...yet. As much as I hate to admit it, 4-9 doesn't shock me given this schedule. It sucks, but it's realistic.

If we played CSU's schedule, however, I'm confident CU could do better than 7-5.

I'd be thrilled with a 7-6 record. Thrilled. I don't know exactly where those seven wins are going to come from, though.

I can see this if we lose to Hawai'i. But if we start the season with a road win against a game opponent, it will mean good things.

Hawai'i = huge Brick game

I can see this if we lose to Hawai'i. But if we start the season with a road win against a game opponent, it will mean good things.

Hawai'i = huge Brick game

This.

Beat a good Hawai'i team on he road to start the season, and Colorado is looking good.

As much as I'd like to believe Embree will deliver a winning season in year one, I'm not counting on it.

He's got the passion and will to win. But it's not proven that he has the capacity...yet. As much as I hate to admit it, 4-9 doesn't shock me given this schedule. It sucks, but it's realistic.

If we played CSU's schedule, however, I'm confident CU could do better than 7-5.

I see it little differently. I think that the coaches could do a great job of coaching, and we could still easily end up 4-9. We are going to STRUGGLE on defense. We have very little athleticism and no depth on that side of the ball. The games we win will be shootouts where we outscore the other team IMHO.

I see it little differently. I think that the coaches could do a great job of coaching, and we could still easily end up 4-9. We are going to STRUGGLE on defense. We have very little athleticism and no depth on that side of the ball. The games we win will be shootouts where we outscore the other team IMHO.

I agree wih your concerns about the defense.

A few other big question marks are 1) special teams play, 2) Depth at WR, and 3) what kind of game day coach JE turns out to be.

I'm hopeful that the OLine and running game are able to fire on all cylinders, and that Hansen will be a servicable QB.

A middle of the road team can't afford to be awful on special teams. Let's face facts - CU is a middle of the road team with abyssmal special teams. That's a lethal combination.

I agree. And I don't disagree with the writer's statements or potential records, just with using them as justification for putting CSU in front of CU. That is clearly a joke.

I agree. And I don't disagree with the writer's statements or potential records, just with using them as justification for putting CSU in front of CU. That is clearly a joke.

No argument there. The writer also screwed up on the Cal reference. He should have thrown in the obligatory Cal is a non-conference game.

Back