1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Their RB put up 366 yards rushing against us today.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I just thought this deserves its own thread with the actual number in the title.

I think we all know that a 100 yard day is pretty much the standard for a running back having a good day. 150 is great, and 200 is amazing and even though it is rare it can be done, but 366! We gave up 366 on the ground to one guy in a single game!

Oh yeah, and I will point out that they pulled him on that last drive where he could have easily got another 40 or more.

So yeah, that is how far we have sunk!

2. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

34 yards receiving too giving him an even 400 for the game. Good job Brownie.

3. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

Most of the yards came up the middle. Greg Brown is an idiot and doesn't deserve to be in the stands, let alone on the field calling defenses. I see him once in a while in my 'hood. Next time he'll get an ear full, that twerpy little red headed prick.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i saw Billy Sims, Mike Rozier, Roger Craig, Adrian Peterson, Eric Bienemy, Chris Brown, Rashaan Salaam, Charles White...in person. those guys just were special, you just knew.

none of those guys ever dreamed of a 350+ day.

250 maybe.

5. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I watched salaam rush for 317 in Austin. But I agree that 366 is pretty crazy.

6. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Think Rashaan got like 317 once in Austin. I don't know if it's the total yards or yards per carry that's more embarrassing. 14.9 per carry or something like that, that's bull****. Sorry man, beat me to it.

7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Easiest 366 ever. Same play right up the middle

8. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

Good moral victory though, minus the conference rushing record we gave up.

9. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Welcome to our new role in the p12...we're the record breakers. If your team wants to break some school records, just put CU on the schedule.

10. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

It's a good thing CU Defense is so fast, too - otherwise, he'd have scored on those long runs instead of getting chased down. CU definitely has some speed - after about 50 yards.

Fortunately, by always running that slug down, we not only prevented him from setting an NCAA record against us, we also forced AZ to consume more clock so they couldn't get more possessions.

Our defensive coaches REALLY knew what they were doing!

11. Uncle Ken

Did you mean to post this in the "focus on the positive" thread?

12. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Of course Brown has said post game that they knew that the number one threat was the RB, and they were going to try to make the backup QB win with his arm. Talk about incompetence at a staggering level.

13. Uncle Ken

In Coach Brown's defense (so to speak) he did say "try".

14. Bisonic

Bisonic Member

Small consolation but here's something: Did you guys notice how our secondary guys caught Carey TWICE from behind on his long runs?

Brown should just 'fess up on his strategy. It's very clear that it was to let their RB run until he was tired, then push him over.

Worst defense I've ever seen.

15. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Uh. Yes. See Reply #10. We're having fun with that notion. See Reply #11, too.

BuffedUP makes the worst announcement at all - that CU was "focused" on the running back. Whew. GOOD THING! Gee - that crystalline, laser-like focus of this Coaching Staff really paid off!

Wow. ONLY 366 yards.

Can you imagine what it'd have been like if we HADN'T focused so much on their run game?!!

16. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Took him 60 minutes to run the 400. We've got guys that can do it in under a minute. I'm not that impressed.....