What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

There will be a "whiteout" for the Nebraska game

WTF are you talking about? You get the premise of my point right? Black is one our colors. As for Bohn I am not constantly bitching about him and give him props when he deserves it.

Actually the official school colors are Silver and Gold. It's for the mining heritage of Colorado. Black is just a cool color we picked up along the way, but it's technically just an accent that coaches can choose to use or not. There's very little black on the basketball unis - just the numbers.

basketball-higgins-spears.jpg

darian3hagan,

if you go to the game, and hate the shirt they give you, I'll buy it from you for $5, no questions asked.

Actually the official school colors are Silver and Gold. It's for the mining heritage of Colorado. Black is just a cool color we picked up along the way, but it's technically just an accent that coaches can choose to use or not. There's very little black on the basketball unis - just the numbers.

basketball-higgins-spears.jpg

I am aware but if you think white is just as much of a school color as black well I dont know what to say.

darian3hagan,

if you go to the game, and hate the shirt they give you, I'll buy it from you for $5, no questions asked.

I havent seen a CU tshirt I didnt like and I have some white ones from my intramural days but I would just like to see us stick to black or gold and stop with the gimmicks.

They're also giving out a nice CU gift bag and a Croc's water bottle for all the Chip's Kids Club members today. Since we can't make the men's game tonight, we're going to bring the little one to the women's game, get our shirts and his goodie bag, and see how long he makes it before we need to leave for his nap.

WTF are you talking about? You get the premise of my point right? Black is one our colors. As for Bohn I am not constantly bitching about him and give him props when he deserves it.

No Black isnt one of our official colors are Silver and Gold. Black is for instance far more one of Georgia's colors than it is one of ours, but that seemed to work.

I am aware but if you think white is just as much of a school color as black well I dont know what to say.

I havent seen a CU tshirt I didnt like and I have some white ones from my intramural days but I would just like to see us stick to black or gold and stop with the gimmicks.

I wish they could make a decent tshirt that felt "gold" and not bright yellow/mustardy --- a warm golden tan or something. That says CU to me more than anything, although in general black tshirts are my preference.

Some of our new rivals in the Pac have yellow or gold as school colors - but they don't use a true gold, nothing feels metallic. CU will stand out if we can get the PTB to honor that as the dominant color choice.
150x150.jpg
Nike-Vault-%28Arizona-State%29-Womens-Lived-In-T-Shirt-3076AA_613_A.png
UCLA-Youth-Distressed-Retro_A9668995.jpg
images
10434YUSC-CAR-1.jpg

We need something this color:

beer.jpg

No Black isnt one of our official colors are Silver and Gold. Black is for instance far more one of Georgia's colors than it is one of ours, but that seemed to work.

Well I guess we better start welcoming recruits to the Silver and Gold.:huh:

Oh and tell Burney as well.

burney.JPG

I wish they could make a decent tshirt that felt "gold" and not bright yellow/mustardy --- a warm golden tan or something. That says CU to me more than anything, although in general black tshirts are my preference.

Some of our new rivals in the Pac have yellow or gold as school colors - but they don't use a true gold, nothing feels metallic. CU will stand out if we can get the PTB to honor that as the dominant color choice.
150x150.jpg
images
10434YUSC-CAR-1.jpg

beer.jpg

I seem to recall from the ASU game a few years back that their dominant color is yellow/gold as well. At least it appeared to be in the stadium that night.

150x150.jpg
images
10434YUSC-CAR-1.jpg

beer.jpg

They are out there.

DS_150513_s.jpg

Well I guess we better start welcoming recruits to the Silver and Gold.:huh:

Oh and tell Burney as well.

Arguing with me that Black is an official school color is pointless, it simply isnt, it is like trying to argue the world is flat.

Arguing with me that Black is an official school color is pointless, it simply isnt, it is like trying to argue the world is flat.

Not trying to I know what my schools official colors technically are but you trying to claim that black is no different than white is laughable.

Our women's team will be wearing white jerseys today. That's the traditional home color for basketball.

Here's how I think this went down:

1. They looked at the numbers for MBB/WBB... and realized that they are going to earn significantly above budget.
2. They also wanted to make a good showing for the WNIT (& NIT if necessary) committees that the Keg would be a great place to host games.
3. They wanted to thank the fans for all their support this year.
4. They had 14,000 t-shirts made for today's games.

I'd prefer making "blackouts" what CU always does. I'm not big on the "goldrush" thing and I don't think the "whiteout" is a great fit for us. But it's a free shirt, a nice gesture, and should add to a great atmosphere for today.

P.S. If I see any non-Caucasian fans wearing whiteface today, I am going to write a terse letter to the Daily Camera. So watch it. This promotion is borderline racist and could easily cross that line.

the WHITE shirts will still have BLACK on them. There will be plenty of black in the stadium. And if the team wears the white home unis it will look ****in awesome.

Back