Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 23, 2007.
Or Stoops. With USC, LSU, and Florida on top of the poles, Stoops may be inclined to pile on as many points as possible on every chance they get.
Sure would be nice if C-Hawk gets as much time to throw against the spooners as what we saw against MofO. When he has time, good things happen. It was also interesting that there weren't many (if any) snaps out of the shotgun. That's one way to limit the 'bad snap' syndrome seen in previous games.
Good things in Boulder:
1) Total domination of a team.
2) A classy win. No personal fouls or cheap-shots by the Buffs. Taking a knee on MofO's 5 yard line with 1:30 left on the clock showed the visitors some mercy. I wonder what Miami (Ohio) fans thought about Boulder?
3) Practically every skill player touched the ball on offense. 11 different receivers, 10 different rushers, 3 different punt returners, 2 different QBs. Come to Colorado, where everyone gets to contribute with the first string offense.
4) Defensive cohesion. No one player stood out. The pass rush created a lot of forced passes for incompletions. The rush was stopped. Great on 3rd downs. Yeah, a few more turnovers could have been nice, but there is nothing wrong with a shutout. It was nice to see the coaches and players focus on closing the deal and playing hard through four quarters.
5) The rushing game. Hagan got the 119th worst rushing monkey off his back. "HUGH" became a familiar chant. He must have slept well last night.
6) Eberhart was a perfect 6-6 on PATs.
7) Sacky's tailgate. Rep for the hospitality.
Really, there was nothing not to like, with the exception of the poorly timed Sipili bomb. If only everyday in Boulder could be like 9/22/07.
:lol: Everything has to have some husker/cally slant huh?
I thought hawkins said he would never take a knee.
**** taking a knee, always hang half a hundred when you have the chance.
Correct. If they can't stop your backups, that's too bad.
CU plays Miami-OH in Ohio next year. Good not to give them something to really get pissed off about for the 2008 game.
Actually Cally did the same thing against Nevada. You going to applaud Cally now? :thumbsup:
I thought that what Hawkins said was that he wouldn't stop passing in the second half if they are ahead, or ask his players not to score. That's different than when there's so little time that you can take a knee and walk out of the stadium with the win.
Why would you risk injury to any player in the team when the game is effectively over?
How many of you guys said the same thing when we played OU last year and they ran it in on us late in the game? I think there was 2:30 or so left in that one too.
I know Stoops and Callahan are the assholes of the Big 12
The way they are going, Clownahan ain't going to have many chances to run up the score on anyone..
Why sure, if I was a huckster fan on a huckster board, I would sing his praises from the rafters day and night.
As it stands though it just doesn't seem to be the sort of thing a Buff fan should or would do on a Buff board or anywhere else for that matter. :smile2:
Actually, I have dropped by some huster boards, and there are virtually no hucksters singing any praises for Cally. Everyone is pretty pissed cosidering they only have one loss to the #1 team in the country (or two--LSU looks good).
If Stoops is an asshole, then I must be the god Soonerfan talked about in one of his posts leash.....:thumbsup: :smile2:
Only appropriate time to take a knee is when the score is very close and taking said knee will run out the clock.
Judging from the response from the crowd on Saturday, taking the knee was the appropriate thing to do.
Now, if we're up 42-0 against *ebraska and we're on the 10 yard line with 1:50 to go - run the ****er in. :thumbsup:
Well get ready...on the 23rd of Nov. you'll have your chance. You're going to ****ing kill us. We suck.
It's still a little early to be making those kinds of predictions. Let's see how the rest of the conference play works out first.
Although I agree, *ebraska sucks. :thumbsup:
Our Offense is great except for our run block. Very happy there and if Keller keeps it up...he'll be pro for sure.
Defense? I'd rather have a good high school team out there. It's ****ing embarassing. It's not the players its the coaching. It's all so ****ed up.
It will be an offensive battle all year.
BALL ****ING STATE ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME
Im so sick thinking of that game I could ****ing vomit
Just a few months ago every herbie huskers told me that loosing their entire D-line and coach would some how make them better on defense, apparently common sense won that argument.
I've never said that
Separate names with a comma.