What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Things are getting ugly in Eugene - broken off from personnel thread

Ahh, grasshopper, call it holding on to the past if you like, but Dr. Phil has been at the helm since 1/09. CU athletics, particularly FB, has been at it's lowest point, in forever, during that time. Coincidence? Maybe, but Dr. Phil has a lot to overcome to make me a believer.

Where am I saying they're not responsible?

Phil is supportive of athletics and is a fan. But he's also very political and budget driven. If the budget is there and the political winds are blowing in favor of a strong CU Athletic Department, then Phil is a strong ally of the AD.

He's been an issue recently? Set the requirements for the new AD and has been involved in facilities a lot (being present when recruits are visiting and helping RG and Benson with the facilities pitch). Hold onto the past all you want but they've changed.

Poor analysis, unless you like being a P12 bottom dweller.

The present reality is that CU's football team is still in a hole. That hole was dug by Phil's priorities of putting academics, compliance and balanced budgets first.

Yes, it's good to see Benson and DiStepfano wake up from an 8 year slumber. I applaud them for finally stepping up.

But when I look at the way that CU leadership addressed our sex-scandal and compare it to Baylor, Penn State, Auburn, Ohio State, U$C, Oklahoma State, Louisville, Miami, Alabama, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and anywhere else, I see that CU wins the award for throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I see no other administration in modern times take a nationally ranked NCAA title contender and bury it into the lowest depths of BCS futility like what CU fans have recently experienced. Nobody wraps a Ferrari around a fence post like Phil and Bruce.

Our current leadership are the reigning champs of the self-imposed death penalty.

The jury is out as to whether they can spend and hire their way out of the mess they made. Kudos to them for trying. Quite frankly, it's surprising they even were given the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, grasshopper, call it holding on to the past if you like, but Dr. Phil has been at the helm since 1/09. CU athletics, particularly FB, has been at it's lowest point, in forever, during that time. Coincidence? Maybe, but Dr. Phil has a lot to overcome to make me a believer.
This.

Phil is supportive of athletics and is a fan. But he's also very political and budget driven. If the budget is there and the political winds are blowing in favor of a strong CU Athletic Department, then Phil is a strong ally of the AD.

he's like the guy who runs the ferry crossing in the "outlaw josey wales" movie. when the yankees are on the boat, he sings "the battle hymn of the republic" while rowing. when the confederates are on the boat, he sings "dixie."

he's like the guy who runs the ferry crossing in the "outlaw josey wales" movie. when the yankees are on the boat, he sings "the battle hymn of the republic" while rowing. when the confederates are on the boat, he sings "dixie."

Not really, that guy was at least 5'6".

A poor analysis? No. Phil has been a big part of the recent changes. I'm in no way ducking their past. In the past two years they have...

1. Shown they will pay big money (MM and RG's salary)
2. Shown they are committed to football via facilities
3. Heavily reduced the admission standards for athletes
4. Personally donated to the facilities

They've put their money where their mouths are.

A poor analysis? No. Phil has been a big part of the recent changes. I'm in no way ducking their past. In the past two years they have...

1. Shown they will pay big money (MM and RG's salary)
2. Shown they are committed to football via facilities
3. Heavily reduced the admission standards for athletes
4. Personally donated to the facilities

Deeds of guilt.
Where were they in 2005-2011?

oh good lord. Tini is obsessed.

I think if Tini's parents were to abandon him for the next six years, and then come back in 2020 with keys to a brand new Audi, he'd be okay with that.

Deeds of guilt.
Where were they in 2005-2011?

What in the **** are you talking about? In no way am I skating around them being responsible for where we are now, but if you can't see that they've changed drastically then I don't know what to tell you other than you're being dense.

oh good lord. Tini is obsessed.

How the hell am I obsessed?

I think if Tini's parents were to abandon him for the next six years, and then come back in 2020 with keys to a brand new Audi, he'd be okay with that.

Would he get to live in their house during that time?

If Distephano had sex with Tini's mom 21 years ago, then disappeared until he was 19, Tini would ​____________

Would he get to live in their house during that time?

If Distephano had sex with Tini's mom 21 years ago, then disappeared until he was 19, Tini would ​____________
114.gif

1. Shown they will pay big money (MM and RG's salary) I wonder if the P12 had served notice that continued suck assery would not be tolerated
2. Shown they are committed to football via facilities Only after a near riot of the fans...at least those that are left
3. Heavily reduced the admission standards for athletes OK, I'll give credit here, but it is as easily explained by my contrarian view of 1 and 2
4. Personally donated to the facilities ...and made sure everyone knew about it, nothing like tooting your own horn, classic politician move.

I hope you are right, but I would not be the least bit surprised that a mere breeze like shift in the prevailing winds would send Dr. Phil in another direction.

What in the **** are you talking about? In no way am I skating around them being responsible for where we are now, but if you can't see that they've changed drastically then I don't know what to tell you other than you're being dense.

They've changed. Sure. I recognize that.

But have you ever heard the term, "too little, too late?"

It's your turn to recognize that the CU football program hasn't yet been restored.

The Boy Scout's aspire to leave a place in a better situation than they found it. Phil and Bruce still have a long way to go before meeting that standard.

If you can't see that, then you are being stubborn, argumentative, and guilty of brown nosing.

They've changed. Sure. I recognize that.

But have you ever heard the term, "too little, too late?"

It's your turn to recognize that the CU football program hasn't yet been restored.

The Boy Scout's aspire to leave a place in a better situation than they found it. Phil and Bruce still have a long way to go before meeting that standard.

If you can't see that, then you are being stubborn, argumentative, and guilty of brown nosing.
Where in the hell am I saying that CU football has been restored? Quit pulling **** out of your ass and throwing it at the screen. I never said that, I am saying that WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK NOW. Actions speak louder than words, and their actions have shown that they have changed.

Where in the hell am I saying that CU football has been restored? Quit pulling **** out of your ass and throwing it at the screen. I never said that, I am saying that WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK NOW. Actions speak louder than words, and their actions have shown that they have changed.

OK, I have been mainly giving you ****, but I will say this, your point is valid, others of us, while we appreciate the recent change of heart, are going to have to see that continue for a while before we are ready to wax Dr. Phil's bald spot.

You should have gotten a cheer leading scholarship. You've earned it.

Really? Cause Distephano's actions are showing he hasn't changed. Which has been our point. You need to stop dedicating yourself to carrying water for everything.

You should have gotten a cheer leading scholarship. You've earned it.
And shockingly, you once again, fail to provide any real thought.

Really? Cause Distephano's actions are showing he hasn't changed. Which has been our point. You need to stop dedicating yourself to carrying water for everything.
Oh, really? What actions are those (that show he hasn't changed)? If you're going to make that statement why don't you provide actual examples, it usually helps.

Last edited:
And shockingly, you once again, fail to provide any real thought.

Oh, really? What actions are those (that show he hasn't changed)? If you're going to make that statement why don't you provide actual examples, it usually helps.
He's a spineless windsock blowing with the wind. THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN EXPLAINED TO YOU.

Go ahead and watch the opening quarter of the CU-Fresno State 2012 game and get back with us.

Go ahead and compare CU's recruiting and facilities against peers from the B12 and P12 and get back with us.

Go ahead and book your seats to the 2014 p12 championship game and get back with us.

Go ahead and pick CU to get to a bowl game this season and get back with us.

They are at the right place at the wrong time. It's dumb to close the barn doors after the cows have already wandered away.

It is not a heroic act to install a smoke detector after the joint burns down.

Deeds have consequences. Your heroes are merely digging themselves out of a hole they made for themselves.

Being on the right track means something very different to you than to me.

Being on the right track means selling out Folsom, expecting a 9-10 win season, and being something other than a laughing stock cellar dweller.

Go ahead and watch the opening quarter of the CU-Fresno State 2012 game and get back with us.

Go ahead and compare CU's recruiting and facilities against peers from the B12 and P12 and get back with us.

Go ahead and book your seats to the 2014 p12 championship game and get back with us.

Go ahead and pick CU to get to a bowl game this season and get back with us.

They are at the right place at the wrong time. It's dumb to close the barn doors after the cows have already wandered away.

It is not a heroic act to install a smoke detector after the joint burns down.

Deeds have consequences. Your heroes are merely digging themselves out of a hole they made for themselves.

Being on the right track means something very different to you than to me.

Being on the right track means selling out Folsom, expecting a 9-10 win season, and being something other than a laughing stock cellar dweller.
So in your mind being on-track = a jump to 9-10 wins?

:rofl:

Back