What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Things are getting ugly in Eugene - broken off from personnel thread

So you don't have any real recent examples?
What part of his current actions are not recent? Do you not get it?

Go ahead and watch the opening quarter of the CU-Fresno State 2012 game and get back with us.

Go ahead and compare CU's recruiting and facilities against peers from the B12 and P12 and get back with us.

Go ahead and book your seats to the 2014 p12 championship game and get back with us.

Go ahead and pick CU to get to a bowl game this season and get back with us.

They are at the right place at the wrong time. It's dumb to close the barn doors after the cows have already wandered away.

It is not a heroic act to install a smoke detector after the joint burns down.

Deeds have consequences. Your heroes are merely digging themselves out of a hole they made for themselves.

Being on the right track means something very different to you than to me.

Being on the right track means selling out Folsom, expecting a 9-10 win season, and being something other than a laughing stock cellar dweller.

I thought this thread was about ripping on Oregon?

It's the offseason, though. Didn't take too many posts until we started eating our own instead.

From late April through the end of July, I guess it's inevitable that our little community turns into an online Donner Party.

What part of his current actions are not recent? Do you not get it?
What in the hell are you talking about? Recent, as in POST-EMBREE FIRING AND BOHN FIRING. I've acknowledged they were **** for a long time, but apparently you don't understand that. Also appears that you don't remember me calling for Phil's firing last year at this point...so...

No, tini, you don't understand anything. We don't trust the admin because they've not done enough in the last 2 (1?) year(s) to show that they can be trusted, RG aside. We have a 10 year plus history to reside on. Until otherwise proven, they are herpes, and this is remission. Distephano is not to be trusted because he's a windsock and therefore you can't trust his recent actions as anything more than a temporary change, not a long term strategic decision.

So in your mind being on-track = a jump to 9-10 wins?

:rofl:

Did Alabama, Penn State, Tennessee, Auburn, FSU, Miami, Mizzou, Louisville, A&M, Notre Dame, Baylor, and Oklahoma State, and Ohio State have some type of national scandal since 2005?

Answer: yes.

Are any of these programs more likely to post a better record than CU?

What is the difference between those programs and CU?

Answer; their administration were better at recovering from a crisis.

Which administrators were appointed after Barney, Thorpe and Albino were marched out of office following the pseudo sex scandal?

Answer: Benson and DiStefano and Mike Bohn

If the administrators from Alabama, Penn State, Auburn, FSU, A&M, Boise State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, or Ohio State were appointed instead of Benson and DiStefano would CU have suffered through an eight season bowl drought, and be at the basement of the conference for the first time in a 125 year history?

Answer: impossible to say with certainty, but hard to imagine any other administration screw the football pooch so hard.

Did anybody enjoy the last 8 years of CU football?

Answer: fewer and fewer every year.

To answer your question, I hold Benson and DiStefano accountable for the mess we are in. They missed the window of opportunity for the 2014 Buffs to be a 9-10 win team by systematically neglecting the importance of the program for the first eight years of their watch.

It didn't have to be this bad.

No, tini, you don't understand anything. We don't trust the admin because they've not done enough in the last 2 (1?) year(s) to show that they can be trusted, RG aside. We have a 10 year plus history to reside on. Until otherwise proven, they are herpes, and this is remission. Distephano is not to be trusted because he's a windsock and therefore you can't trust his recent actions as anything more than a temporary change, not a long term strategic decision.

I don't understand anything? Ok, Snow, whatever you say. That's fine if you don't trust them, but denying that their actions haven't changed recently is absurd.

What in the hell are you talking about? Recent, as in POST-EMBREE FIRING AND BOHN FIRING. I've acknowledged they were **** for a long time, but apparently you don't understand that. Also appears that you don't remember me calling for Phil's firing last year at this point...so...

When a patient has diabetes, you can treat early with insulin, or ignore the disease until limbs turn gangrene, and then amputate.

Good for DiStefano and Benson to finally recognize CU had a problem and finally got around to fixing the problem and spending money.

Could Benson find a qualified chancellor to replace Dr. Phil?

You appear to be saying that Phil should have been fired last year, but it's all good now because he cares so much recently.

I don't understand anything? Ok, Snow, whatever you say. That's fine if you don't trust them, but denying that their actions haven't changed recently is absurd.

We trust them to behave based on the personal motivations they have demonstrated over time.

Right now, what's driving them seems to work in favor of athletics.

But do you see the truth of things? If things got politically difficult for a pro-athletics stance that Phil would draw a line in the sand and go against the political winds? That's not who he is. He'd bow to the pressures as they were and then do some small things as he could behind the scenes to shield the AD and build bridges for the AD... up to the point where he didn't have to expend much political capital to do so.

That only engenders a certain level of trust. I trust him today, based on the political winds. I don't know that I'll trust him tomorrow.

For a thread that started off about rape, I'm just happy we've made it 67 posts without posters threatening to rape each other like yesterday.

To be fair, Nik said he thought people would start putting their m's on other people's p's.

Semper Gumby

Did Alabama, Penn State, Tennessee, Auburn, FSU, Miami, Mizzou, Louisville, A&M, Notre Dame, Baylor, and Oklahoma State, and Ohio State have some type of national scandal since 2005?

Are any of these programs more likely to post a better record than CU?

What is the difference between those programs and CU?

Answer; their administration were better at recovering from a crisis.

Which administrators were appointed after Barney, Thorpe and Albino were marched out of office following the pseudo sex scandal?

Answer: Benson and DiStefano and Mike Bohn

If the administrators from Alabama, Penn State, Auburn, FSU, A&M, Boise State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, or Ohio State were appointed instead of Benson and DiStefano would CU have suffered through an eight season bowl drought, and be at the basement of the conference for the first time in a 125 year history?

Answer: impossible to say with certainty, but hard to imagine any other administration screw the football pooch so hard.

Did anybody enjoy the last 8 years of CU football?

Answer: fewer and fewer every year.

To answer your question, I hold Benson and DiStefano accountable for the mess we are in. They missed the window of opportunity for the 2014 Buffs to be a 9-10 win team by systematically neglecting the importance of the program for the first eight years of their watch.

It didn't have to be this bad.

Ok, I wasn't arguing against any of that. I never said that CU handled the scandal well or that how they handled it didn't set us back, it very clearly did.

We trust them to behave based on the personal motivations they have demonstrated over time.

Right now, what's driving them seems to work in favor of athletics.

But do you see the truth of things? If things got politically difficult for a pro-athletics stance that Phil would draw a line in the sand and go against the political winds? That's not who he is. He'd bow to the pressures as they were and then do some small things as he could behind the scenes to shield the AD and build bridges for the AD... up to the point where he didn't have to expend much political capital to do so.

That only engenders a certain level of trust. I trust him today, based on the political winds. I don't know that I'll trust him tomorrow.
I do, one hope that I have is that Phil is old and probably doesn't have much time left in office anyway. I completely understand not trusting them, but ignoring recent actions by them is silly, and those two are not the same. Like I said, actions speak louder than words.

Ok, I wasn't arguing against any of that. I never said that CU handled the scandal well or that how they handled it didn't set us back, it very clearly did.

I do, one hope that I have is that Phil is old and probably doesn't have much time left in office anyway. I completely understand not trusting them, but ignoring recent actions by them is silly, and those two are not the same. Like I said, actions speak louder than words.
smh. the only one wanting to ignore actions is you.

Why do Phil's actions speak louder now than they did for the past several years? That is where you lose me.

Wow, and to think I have not added my undying love for the DiStephandusche to this thread! The little man is nothing more than a Bureaucrat who blows with the wind. He is definitely siding with changes now, but as Nik and others have said, he would rail against the AD if he thought it would be the popular move. He is the root of the problems with the Admin and is about as trust worthy as any politician

Wow, and to think I have not added my undying love for the DiStephandusche to this thread! The little man is nothing more than a Bureaucrat who blows with the wind. He is definitely siding with changes now, but as Nik and others have said, he would rail against the AD if he thought it would be the popular move. He is the root of the problems with the Admin and is about as trust worthy as any politician[/QUOTE]

Low blow.

I guess I put more stock in recent actions?
10 + years of actions v 1-2 years of actions. Be honest, you put more stock in whatever action fits your pre-determined goal of defending anything CU against any possible negativity.

Wow, and to think I have not added my undying love for the DiStephandusche to this thread! The little man is nothing more than a Bureaucrat who blows with the wind. He is definitely siding with changes now, but as Nik and others have said, he would rail against the AD if he thought it would be the popular move. He is the root of the problems with the Admin and is about as trust worthy as any politician[/QUOTE]

Low blow.
And 100% truth

10 + years of actions v 1-2 years of actions. Be honest, you put more stock in whatever action fits your pre-determined goal of defending anything CU against any possible negativity.

Um no, I wanted Phil fired badly last year

Low blow.

Seriously. I thought we had established that Brad's not entitled to an opinion until he coughs up his $50 million.

Seriously. I thought we had established that Brad's not entitled to an opinion until he coughs up his $50 million.

Good point. Well BB, where's the beef?

Wow, and to think I have not added my undying love for the DiStephandusche to this thread! The little man is nothing more than a Bureaucrat who blows with the wind. He is definitely siding with changes now, but as Nik and others have said, he would rail against the AD if he thought it would be the popular move. He is the root of the problems with the Admin and is about as trust worthy as any politician

I don't like this new more laid back Brad.

Mtn - you went a little out to left field with the stream of consciousness post there.

:lol:

Clearly identified it from the start as wild speculation.

That said Eugene had an element that like the similar element in Boulder would love a chance to tear down the athletic program at Oregon.

Our "scandal" proved that in the hands of a highly politically motivated lawyer, and assisted by scoop hungry media, the truth matters much less than getting an attention grabbing headline and then following it up with more scandal.

This story doesn't look like a lot but truthfully did they have any more than this when they went with the Lisa Simpson story that started everything in Boulder.

We are assuming that the university administration in Eugene is more competent to deal with a situation like this than CU's was but do we know that to be the case.

I'm not saying anything will happen significant here, that would be a long-shot. What I am saying is that potential exist and if the Oregon AD doesn't handle this thing right they will find themselves in a position to have to deal with the same stuff CU did a decade ago. Every one of these things starts someplace, just a question of where they go.

Um no, I wanted Phil fired badly last year
[/FONT]

If Phil DiStefano were to be replaced with someone like recently retired Oregon chancellor George Pernsteiner or Wisconsin chancellor Rebecca Blank, or A&M chancellor John Sharp, or someone from some school that does a good job balancing academics and athletics, would you be supportive?

Or would you make a case to keep Dr DiStefano's based on his recent change of heart and latent support for CU athletics?

Have to spread it around a bit but you deserve rep for this one!

Back