What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Things to look for tonight vs Arizona

Justin M Guerriero

Club Member
Club Member
Hello AllBuffs army, I am typing this from the press box of Arizona Stadium. I'm here live with my Asst. Sports Editor Olivia and one my sports writers Jake. We road tripped down to Tucson to watch this game. We're gonna be heading right back to Boulder after the game ends and press conferences and al stories are done. But before the showdown begins, here's some miscellaneous stats and things to pay attention to for tonight's game.

First of all, my god...this game tonight is a frightening opposite deja vu. Let's hop in the Delorean, gun it too 88mph, and travel back in time to just over two years ago, when the Buffaloes came to Tucson on Nov. 8, 2014.

The 2-7, 0-6 Pac-12 Buffs played a formidable 6-2, 3-2 Pac-12 Wildcats team and lost 38-20. Now, the No. 16, 7-2, 5-1 Pac-12 CU Buffaloes are in town in 2016 to beat up on the cellar dwellar Arizona Wildcats, in head coach Rich Rodriguez's first bowl-less season here at UA. If this isn't fate then I don't know what is.

The Buffs are looking for their first 8-2/6-1 start since the 2001 season, and a win tonight would give CU its first four-game winning streak since 2002.

Last week, Wazzu had one hell of a game through the air vs. the Wildcats. The team completed 90.3% of its passes, going 47-of-52 for 474 yards and six TDs. Arizona's defense allows on average 475.2 yards of total offense to enemy teams.

Fitting. Because Colorado is averaging 474.4 yards of total offense per contest. It has averaged 33.7 points per game and has converted just over 44% of third down attempts.

In the Wildcats' previous four games vs. CU, they've rushed for 1,422 yards. Arizona has the 5th best rushing offense within the Pac-12, averaging exactly 210 yards per game this season.

Watch out for Arizona's senior LB Paul Magloire. He leads the Wildcats with 58 tackles this year. Magloire vs. Phil Lindsay is a matchup to keep an eye on. Last week, vs. Wazzu, he became the first Wildcat to record 15 tackles since Scooby Wright did in the New Mexico Bowl last season.

Ivan Leonard, the kid who did Fraternizing with the Enemy for me (and is sitting directly to my left as I type this) said that the Wildcats have been known to score first on opponents. We shall see!

Go Buffs!

No way you allow an opponent to complete 90% of their passes without completely quitting. Even Embree's Buffs didn't do that.

Back