What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Things will be OK...trust me...

He also thinks GB is the worst DC in the history of the sport and injuries have nothing to do with this defense.

Just think if he would've done his job recruiting under Hawk where the program would be right now.

You want to keep defending the clown fine by me. Embree will be forced to make a change when we have like 3 wins after year 2. And Greg Brown's defense will be the first to go.

Harbough didn't exactly kill them his first year at Stanford. He did a lot better than we are but also had exponentally more talent, which may apply to virtually every first year coach in the country over the past few years.

...and this is exactly the point I was making above.

Did you think we would lose 16 starters and upwards of 25 players to injury? I sure didn't

About half of those players hurt were dead weight anyway. Recruited under the last staff. Believe there's 3 coaches still in the program that played in part in recruiting that. So again, I really don't care to hear about the excuses. Embree doesn't make them so I'm not going to either especially since I believe the Cal and Wash St games were very winnable. But we all know what happened in those games (Did I mention Greg Brown's defense is like so awesome)

Last edited:
We just got to get rid of these ridiculous schedules that do not accomplish anything other than not allowing the program to catch its breath and build some confidence in getting some wins. What a frigin brutal season.

Just think if he would've done his job recruiting under Hawk where the program would be right now.

You want to keep defending the clown fine by me. Embree will be forced to make a change when we have like 3 wins after year 2. And Greg Brown's defense will be the first to go.
So Dan Hawkins limiting who can be offered to a slim amount of people is all his fault? Example, Kenny Bell. GB liked him but Hawkins didn't and wouldn't let him offer Bell. Sounds like Greg Brown's fault 100%.

So Dan Hawkins limiting who can be offered to a slim amount of people is all his fault? Example, Kenny Bell. GB liked him but Hawkins didn't and wouldn't let him offer Bell. Sounds like Greg Brown's fault 100%.

:lol:

I agree. I love Greg's recruiting on Embree's staff. I even made my sig to confirm how awesome the guy is.

Can't believe that tini is actually the voice of reason and I am repping him. Gonna be pig crap falling from the sky any minute now.:lol:

I agree. I love Greg's recruiting on Embree's staff. I even made my sig to confirm how awesome the guy is.
So you don't like Tyler Henington? The whole staff under Hawkins was limited by Hawkins, not really sure how you can put the blame on him when you're not allowed to do your job.

Can't believe that tini is actually the voice of reason and I am repping him. Gonna be pig crap falling from the sky any minute now.:lol:
Hey I'm #17 on the site in terms of rep, you're not alone :lol:

Hey I'm #17 on the site in terms of rep, you're not alone :lol:

We had too many voices of reason under hawk, hell at times I was one. IF what we've seen so far doesnt scare you, you are blind.

So you don't like Tyler Henington? The whole staff under Hawkins was limited by Hawkins, not really sure how you can put the blame on him when you're not allowed to do your job.

I always chuckle at your posts. You act like CU is the only program signing good players. FYI, the other teams in the Pac 12 are signing good players too.

I always chuckle at your posts. You act like CU is the only program signing good players. FYI, the other teams in the Pac 12 are signing good players too.
No ****? You just rocked my world! So you don't like Greg Henderson or Sherrard Harrington from the 2011 class? He was the primary recruiter at Arizona for **** ATH Marquis Flowers and *** CB Jourdan Grandon in 2010, seems to me that he was very limited by Hawkins limiting who he could and couldn't offer.

No ****? You just rocked my world! So you don't like Greg Henderson or Sherrard Harrington from the 2011 class? He was the primary recruiter at Arizona for **** ATH Marquis Flowers and *** CB Jourdan Grandon in 2010, seems to me that he was very limited by Hawkins limiting who he could and couldn't offer.

So that's your response? I like how you leave out how he was hampered but your blind hate in Greg Brown is pretty clear.

Do not know about Jimmy, but my response would be that Brown did pretty decent to grab some players for us in the 2011 class, but using Henington, Flowers, and Grandon as examples of Brown's recruiting prowess is a stretch. He just so happened to have another coach assisting him with those players (Tim Kish for Zona, arguably their best recruiter on that staff) and Tui with Henington. Brown is never going to an elite recruiter and I do not expect him to be, but he has to be better going forward.

Don't bother him with the facts, he knows what he wants to think.

The facts state that we have one of the worst defenses in the country by a coach that played a part in the lack of talent level. Those are facts, tini unfortunately believes in unicorns.

The facts state that we have one of the worst defenses in the country by a coach that played a part in the lack of talent level. Those are facts, tini unfortunately believes in unicorns.
Uh huh...sure. We get you don't like GB, but he has little responsibility in the talent level right now.

Because Brown (and Cabrall) were making the decisions on who we would go after in recruiting, and of course top recruits were just waiting in line to play for a program that was being run into FCS level by Hawins anyways.

To blame Brown for the recruiting under Hawkins is simply stupid.

Your need for a scapegoat has blinded you to any sense of reason. Maybe Brown isn't a quality DC. You, I, and everyone else have no idea about that question with any definite certainty because he has not has an opportuntity to coordinate a defense that is relatively healthy and equiped with talent anywhere close to the teams he is playing.

If you were saying these same things after a couple of years in the system and with reasonable talent you might be justified but right now it just sounds like someone who has to have someone to blame.

Brown has coached Deon Figures and Chris Hudson who both won Thorpe awards, Terrence Wheatley, All Big XII, Chap'elle Brown, Second Team All Big XII. So, why is he, all of a sudden a ****** coach? And, Jimbo, what the hell do you know about his recruiting? Any of you. What do you know? I'm not saying you are right or wrong. But all I see are accusations with no backup. I'm not a GB fan nor am I a GB detractor. I'm ambivalent.

Last edited:
Back