What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Things will be OK...trust me...

I'm concerned that if these two start teaming up we're bound to see the longest, stupidest posts in AllBuffs history.

Stupidist post in allbuffs history usually come when people are posting crap when they have nothing to base the post on except pure emotion. Anyone who says that they have any idea about how good or bad a DC Brown is based on this season is basing it on pure emotion.

As DBT states, I am not saying that Brown is good or bad, only that we have no idea since we don't have a valid situation to base it on. Give him another full year with more of his own players and time to instill his schemes and attitudes along with some healthy players and we will have a much better idea.

Right now to say that we know which coaches are good or bad is ridiculous.

I'm concerned that if these two start teaming up we're bound to see the longest, stupidest posts in AllBuffs history.

Stupidist post in allbuffs history usually come when people are posting crap when they have nothing to base the post on except pure emotion. Anyone who says that they have any idea about how good or bad a DC Brown is based on this season is basing it on pure emotion.

As DBT states, I am not saying that Brown is good or bad, only that we have no idea since we don't have a valid situation to base it on. Give him another full year with more of his own players and time to instill his schemes and attitudes along with some healthy players and we will have a much better idea.

Right now to say that we know which coaches are good or bad is ridiculous.

Right on cue.

What's wrong with their arguments? Point it out if they are wrong, stop acting like a idiot.

You know what? I'm concerned that if you and jimmy start teaming up, we're bound to see the most, longest, stupidest posts in internet history.

Last edited:
Reactions: SBG
Back to topic.

How many people here were ****ing mad with the offense when Helfrich is still here? Almost all of us. The scheme sucks, the playcalling sucks. Hell, we even didn't have many injuries then. But everything just sucks, in our mind. And it was all Helfrich's fault, right?

Listen, I'm not saying he is a great coach. He is probably not. but he was never as terrible as everyone here made him out to be. Chip Kelly is a genius on Offense and maybe most of the plays are designed by him, but if he is really that smart, he would never hire a stupid coach, at least as we thought, like Helfrich.

So what's the reason of his completely failure in CU? Simple, he didn't have the right guy, talent-wise, or system-wise, or whatever.

Secondary is the most talked position going into this season and we have most of reliable guys injured very soon. Then what do you really expect from this defense? How do you come up with any idea about the current coach is good or not? Based on the pass defense when the best and second best guy in secondary were both done before the season? Hell, CU had 2 NFL draft last season and we were awful at pass defense in last season as well.

So, it could be the case that our coaches are just ****ing awful, or it's just due to the lack of right guy in current system. And maybe the "right guy" we have currently are just far from enough for any kind of system.

Which is the real case? Idk. I just don't believe you can make any conclusion about this at this stage when we lost so many players and the first season is still not ended yet.

Last edited:
I agree. Embree's taking us to a whole new level. CU Football has never done this before, and I'm confident that we'll see even more examples of Coach Embree's greatness.

I sat 9 rows behind Embree last night and I came away optimistic.

after watching most of Fall practices I stated here that it would be a struggle and we would be in serious trouble if we suffered injuries. Weakest position on the team was CB.

The injuries at DB have been unreal.
Hard to tell if GB is bad or a great leader of MASH unit.

Great recruiters who prove to be poor leaders never work out. This has been proven many times.
Great coaches improve bad programs quickly -and THEN recruiting starts to follow. CU chose an unproven leader who is a great recruiter. Being a former Buff was sold as oAll-important by Klatt (dumb). Choosing a proven head coach from a lower division was derided by some of our most vocal boosters because "that didn't work before with Hawkins" - ignoring of course that Hawkins didn't build Boise St.

Embree is a risky hire but I'm on board because:
1 he knows talent
2 he is a disciplinarian
3 He will recruit.

It's not about 2011 or 2012. If we can look like a team on the rise by 2013 we are on a slow climb back.

I know of no precedent btw for how low and injury riddled we are. WSU is more akin than Stanford.

Back to topic.

How many people here were ****ing mad with the offense when Helfrich is still here? Almost all of us. The scheme sucks, the playcalling sucks. Hell, we even didn't have many injuries then. But everything just sucks, in our mind. And it was all Helfrich's fault, right?

Listen, I'm not saying he is a great coach. He is probably not. but he was never as terrible as everyone here made him out to be. Chip Kelly is a genius on Offense and maybe most of the plays are designed by him, but if he is really that smart, he would never hire a stupid coach, at least as we thought, like Helfrich.

So what's the reason of his completely failure in CU? Simple, he didn't have the right guy, talent-wise, or system-wise, or whatever.

Secondary is the most talked position going into this season and we have most of reliable guys injured very soon. Then what do you really expect from this defense? How do you come up with any idea about the current coach is good or not? Based on the pass defense when the best and second best guy in secondary were both done before the season? Hell, CU had 2 NFL draft last season and we were awful at pass defense in last season as well.

So, it could be the case that our coaches are just ****ing awful, or it's just due to the lack of right guy in current system. And maybe the "right guy" we have currently are just far from enough for any kind of system.

Which is the real case? Idk. I just don't believe you can make any conclusion about this at this stage when we lost so many players and the first season is still not ended yet.

I am agreeing with you

Our average margin of loss in Pac 12 play is 30 points...and if not for opposing coaches taking their foot off of the pedal, it would be much worse. Every game is a Missouri circa 2007-2008. Every. Damn. Game. Something ain't right.

Blaming Brown for the current state of the D is like blaming a heart attack on the last pork chop the person ate.

Also I guess the people already questioning Embree would like it if we brought back Skippy, huh? After all he went 10-2 his first year at CU, he must be a GREAT coach. Apparently that's how we judge coaches around here, based on one year.

How anyone can look at our recruiting class and refer to the coaches responsible for it as "great" recruiters is beyond me at this juncture; to my eyes, 2012 doesn't look that much different than some of our more unspectacular classes of late.

The Buffs do not win another game this year - we are actually worse than predicted at the start of the season. This conference is just like the landscape.... We have a MOUNTAIN to get over to compete with the rest... I wish I was as confident as RUFFBUFF.... I am more of a realist!!

How anyone can look at our recruiting class and refer to the coaches responsible for it as "great" recruiters is beyond me at this juncture; to my eyes, 2012 doesn't look that much different than some of our more unspectacular classes of late.

No. This class is not great, but still much better than Hawkins' last couple classes. 16 players in the 2010 class didn't have a SINGLE BCS offer. And the other group that did were not committable offers due to academics (Mobley, Favors). Only 2 players had multiple BCS offers (Crabb and Poston), and those are questionable.

Every single one of Embree's recruits has multiple BCS offers except 2. We're not doing great, but much better than Hawkins' complete failures

Back