1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think before you tweet

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Jens1893, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

2. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

a) that's ridiculous. if a kid is going to back off a school because of his twitter followers, he's a fool. that's where someone with smarts in his life teaches the 17 or 18-year-old kid some life lessons.

b) http://www.freep.com/article/20120109/SPORTS01/120109057/aaron-berry-twitter-detroit-lions Detroit Lions CB also needs to heed this thread's subject line.

3. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

4. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

You guys have it all wrong. We just need to join his twitter page and tell him he would be deified if he came to Colorado. Tell him we are casting the idols as we speak. We need more good safeties

5. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

hard to know how much of this stuff to believe. i think he was cal all the way. wes brown seemed to be seriously considering CU (and Vandy, UVA and Miami), but then claimed to be set on Maryland for months. not much fun if you're EB and working hard to get him to sign.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Good to see a young man who is able to keep it real. Know what I'm sayin'? Yo, yo! Yeah, you bitch! Know what I be talkin' about, y'all? 'Cause it is what it is!

dply likes this.
  7. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I read an article where he suggested he was feigning interest in the other schools. If true, tough to take the high road at times. Many on this board had high hopes this kid was heading west to CU. The games played in recruiting......

8. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is totally reasonable to expect a high school student to possess the presence of mind to dismiss and ignore public written criticism. Never mind that 99% of adults can't do this: football prospects must!

9. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

10. NBDefektor

So someone signs up on twitter, lets hundreds of random strangers follow him with the ability to communicate with him from different schools, knowing that a decision he makes might upset some, and is surprised that he isn't receiving 100% compliments? If you can't stand the heat, stay outta the kitchen!

That's just my two cents tho.

11. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

As with the other thread on negative comments, there is a difference between what you think is reasonable to expect and what is reality. You have no control over how an 18 year-old kid acts. You do have control over what you chose to tweet. Better not to tweet something stupid than hope the kid reacts in a way that you deem appropriate.

12. NBDefektor

i agree with you there, sure. i was only talking about the kid's reaction, not how his "followers" should behave. i agree that the followers need to be smart in what they communicate. we all remember being 17 and 18-year olds...

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Speak for yourself. :sad1:

14. CanadianDuck

CanadianDuck Well-Known Member

I thought half the reason of posting on twitter was to be a douche?

15. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

fixed

16. CanadianDuck

CanadianDuck Well-Known Member

I saw a lot of ways my statement could have been twisted and they were better then that lol