What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This article is in the Newsroom

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
But it deserves its own thread here.

http://www.cubuffs.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=3643171

Say what you will about Hawk's tenure thus far, but some of the quotes from the article are really cool.

“Once is a mistake and twice is a behavior,” Hawkins said. “I don’t recruit bad guys, these are good kids. Some kids make a mistake. We will hold guys accountable but we’re not in the business of throwing kids to the gutter. My philosophy is to have a healthy balance in life, that includes being a great student and a great person before you can be a great football player.”

Awesome.:thumbsup:

But it deserves its own thread here.

http://www.cubuffs.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=3643171

Say what you will about Hawk's tenure thus far, but some of the quotes from the article are really cool.

Awesome.:thumbsup:

Great article. I love the fact that he said Simas and Tau had "great" semesters in the classroom. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I assume it means if they do it again this spring they will be eligible... :woot: The comments on Katoa are also encouraging, especially after some of the rumors that were out there... :rolleyes:

One question - they listed a couple kids who sat out due to transfers last season. Wasn't there a C from Maryland sitting out last season too?? Am I remembering wrong or did I miss something there?:confused:

I think because of Major's injuries, Katoa's issues and Scott's struggles (injuries, utilization or whatever the cause) we all have a tendency to forget just how good the recruiting class was last year. That's why I refuse to freak out about this class to the point of bashing the coaches. They have proved they can recruit. I'm not sure what is going on this year or why the class appears to be such a drop off, but I'm not going to throw in the towel and act like this class is one we should assume is going to be the norm for this class... :huh:

Fantastic article! We need more positive pieces coming out like this!! I can't wait to see Major and Katoa governing the middle and flat, and want to see what Simas is all about!!

I doubt Katoa will be playing much on defense this next year, but he would really help the athleticism on our coverage units. That would be a nice start for his career.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Major turn into a pass rushing end. But its going to be fun watching what the coaches do with these guys!

Back