1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This article is in the Newsroom

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

But it deserves its own thread here.

http://www.cubuffs.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=3643171

Say what you will about Hawk's tenure thus far, but some of the quotes from the article are really cool.

Awesome.:thumbsup:

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Great article. I love the fact that he said Simas and Tau had "great" semesters in the classroom. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I assume it means if they do it again this spring they will be eligible... :woot: The comments on Katoa are also encouraging, especially after some of the rumors that were out there... :rolleyes:

One question - they listed a couple kids who sat out due to transfers last season. Wasn't there a C from Maryland sitting out last season too?? Am I remembering wrong or did I miss something there?:confused:

I think because of Major's injuries, Katoa's issues and Scott's struggles (injuries, utilization or whatever the cause) we all have a tendency to forget just how good the recruiting class was last year. That's why I refuse to freak out about this class to the point of bashing the coaches. They have proved they can recruit. I'm not sure what is going on this year or why the class appears to be such a drop off, but I'm not going to throw in the towel and act like this class is one we should assume is going to be the norm for this class... :huh:

3. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

Fantastic article! We need more positive pieces coming out like this!! I can't wait to see Major and Katoa governing the middle and flat, and want to see what Simas is all about!!

4. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

I doubt Katoa will be playing much on defense this next year, but he would really help the athleticism on our coverage units. That would be a nice start for his career.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Major turn into a pass rushing end. But its going to be fun watching what the coaches do with these guys!

5. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

great article... thanks for posting over here

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

No mention of miller or eastburn in the article.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

They both got cut. :rolleyes: