What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

this could have been a great season

@BuffUp whats your point? We played our schedule and beat the **** out of two weak teams like we were supposed to. Nobody is using the UMass and/or Nicholls wins to show major progress.
No point to be made. Just showing some AllBuff members who we played/beat and who those teams have played. I am not a always make a point/look at me/ I know more then everyone kinda Guy, sorry to not feed your ego. Just posting in a thread.

No point to be made. Just showing some AllBuff members who we played/beat and who those teams have played. I am not a always make a point/look at me/ I know more then everyone kinda Guy, sorry to not feed your ego. Just posting in a thread.
Hey man, it was your post with commentary, own it.

And I was just replying to your post in a thread. We are all well aware that 3 of the 4 teams we've beaten are G5 or FCS teams and none of the 4 are very good.

I think most Buff fans feel like the 4 wins are against 4 teams the team should have beaten. Also, that 1 of the 4 losses was against a team CU should have beaten. And, finally, that there were opportunities for upsets against the other 3 teams CU lost to because UO, ASU and UA are pretty damn vulnerable this season.

So, while 4-4 is better than where the program has been (by a longshot), the frustration comes in because we look at the schedule and believe that 5-3 should have happened and it wouldn't have been much of a stretch for the team to be sitting at 6-2 right now.

Thats the same frustration as last year.

At the very least, this year is better because we beat CSU and a Pac-12 team.

Well I mean, it IS better. Just not better enough.
One clear improvement in 2015, though not getting us to our goals, is winning a couple of close games that we probably would have lost last year. That's the difference between 2 wins and 4. (Last year's close win at UMass was more of an embarrassment than a successful closing.)

I think most Buff fans feel like the 4 wins are against 4 teams the team should have beaten. Also, that 1 of the 4 losses was against a team CU should have beaten. And, finally, that there were opportunities for upsets against the other 3 teams CU lost to because UO, ASU and UA are pretty damn vulnerable this season.

So, while 4-4 is better than where the program has been (by a longshot), the frustration comes in because we look at the schedule and believe that 5-3 should have happened and it wouldn't have been much of a stretch for the team to be sitting at 6-2 right now.
Au9VoH4CEAABpIh.png

so....was thinking about revisiting this thread last night but waited until today.

In all honesty, we SHOULD have beaten USC, UCLA, and HAWAII.

that's 7 games and bowl eligibility. Instead of 4-7 rihgt now we'd be 7-4 with two to play.

Who wouldn't take that record? I think being THIS close shows that we are ready to turn the corner.
Just need to press the accelerator while turning! :)

come on Buffs, finish strong, beat WAZZU and go balls deep against Utah!

so....was thinking about revisiting this thread last night but waited until today.

that's 7 games and bowl eligibility. Instead of 4-7 rihgt now we'd be 7-4 with two to play.

Who wouldn't take that record? I think being THIS close shows that we are ready to turn the corner.

It is coming evident that more than anything what is hurting this team is our depth. Our starters are getting to middle of the pac in terms of ability. Our 2nd string just can't compete with other pac-12 rosters yet.

I think we should have beaten UCLA and Hawaii but not USC. We COULD have won it but didn't.

We could be sitting where WSU is but not finishing games has plagued this team a second straight year. That is concerning.

Also, by winning these games, cu could get a jump on next years class and show recruits that CU is improving where it matters, wins.

Until we actually win, the speculation about games we should have won and that we are so close to turning the corner is bull****. Win some ****ing meaningful games, bitch.

Sh*t, we could've easily lost both the CSU and OSU games. Everyone just talks about the close losses and says we should've won those games forgetting the two close wins.

Let's look at the facts:

1) loss to Hawaii...ok we weren't ready, but why not? this was a gimme
2) loss to oregon....should have won but we couldn't contain Royce Freeman. Led most of the game IIRC.
3) loss to AZ...leading by 7 in the fourth and couldn't contain a backup QB.

do the math...even with 2 of those as wins, we'd be 6-2 right now with a deserved loss at ASU and one let down.

Sad to think that 7-1 at this point is not that far out of the equation. Maybe CU really is getting better, they just need to learn how to step on the opponents throats. The loss at Hawaii was purely due to inadequate preparation. Oregon and AZ both were because CU couldn't add to their leads when it mattered most.

This season could have been MUCH different.

giphy.gif

It is coming evident that more than anything what is hurting this team is our depth. Our starters are getting to middle of the pac in terms of ability. Our 2nd string just can't compete with other pac-12 rosters yet.

I think front line talent is the main issue. Realistically, how many gamebreakers do we have? The guys that you can count on to make big plays when it really matters? The all-conference teams will bear this out.

Sh*t, we could've easily lost both the CSU and OSU games. Everyone just talks about the close losses and says we should've won those games forgetting the two close wins.
It's funny to me that the "half-empty" crowd continually takes the stance that CU could easily be 2-9 right now, but downplays the "sunshine" crowd's stance that CU could be 8-3 right now.

I think front line talent is the main issue. Realistically, how many gamebreakers do we have? The guys that you can count on to make big plays when it really matters? The all-conference teams will bear this out.
Agreed. The two best players that we have are on the defensive side of the ball (no offense to Nelson).

Bottom line...where were we 2-4 years ago in regards to these types of games?
We were getting blown out by 40 every week.

Now we're losing nail biters in a P5 conference.

We're getting there.

It's funny to me that the "half-empty" crowd continually takes the stance that CU could easily be 2-9 right now, but downplays the "sunshine" crowd's stance that CU could be 8-3 right now.

Which gets back to the point that if you play in enough close games and you are not a great team, they generally even out over the course of a season.

Whats are actual record? Cause thats all that really matters.

So you are saying that our actual record is all that matters, and there's no regard to getting blown out by 50 at halftime, vs losing by a FG in the 4th quarter? Really?

Of course how you lose matters, but only to a certain extent. At some point, only wins and losses matter, we are near (or really should be near) that tipping point.

Of course how you lose matters, but only to a certain extent. At some point, only wins and losses matter, we are near (or really should be near) that tipping point.
Yes. There will come a time (next season) where the close wins need to remain close wins and at least half of these close Pac 12 losses need to be turned into wins or another coaching staff will get an opportunity.

I'm sure most everybody is tired of the "Lose Big, Lose Small, Win Small, Win Big" phrase, but I think it is relevant to this program and sometimes it just takes longer than fans would like it to.

Back