1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Daniel guy is a ****ing clown..

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Nov 1, 2007.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

It lights our eyes up to see Cover 1," Daniel said. "We haven't seen that very often. A lot of (teams) just play Cover 4 and say, 'Hey, dink and dunk us,' which we have been doing.

"That's why we haven't thrown for many yards in the last two weeks. You look at (CU), there's some big plays to be made down the field if we can make them."

Can't wait until we slap him around Saturday with his high school chuck and duck offense..

Any chance this clown is related to Mark Kiszla?.. I think we should start a rumor.. :lol:

2. BUFFSROCKS

BUFFSROCKS Club Member Club Member

HAHAHAH, nice, Kiszla is the biggest clown, he dumps on every Colorado team there is period and then when they do win, (i.e. Rockies) he says well it was either luck or he finds some miniscule little sentence in an article he wrote that gave them props. Guy should ****ing leave Colorado, he hates the Buffs.

3. snakeyman

snakeyman Snake Charmer Club Member

Maybe he and Hastings should open a commune in Arkansas somewhere so they can live in a cave and hunt down wild boar together the condescending asses.

4. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

In his defense, he did add the qualifier "if we can make them." I would agree with what he says in that great receivers and QB's eat up Cover 1 if there are average corners. If you have a great corner like we do (Wheatley) and a good corner on the other side it comes down to whether we can get some guys in his face and protect the middle and flats from the TE's. If we can get some heat on him and put a hat on the TE's when they come through the middle, we will crush these guys. If we give him too much time and the TE's start hurting us we'll have to switch to some more zone and he could dink and dunk us to death. I'm betting we get the pressure we need and shut them down.

5. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I like Daniel (booger eating aside). He called out Nebraska for using a high school level defense. He is challenging the CU defense. That's what I want to see in a QB. He called out the Buff defense, now it's time for the Buff defense to shut him up.

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I respect that too. Maybe he's a shade on the cocky side, but then again, the guy can play. He's challenged the Buffs, let's see how they respond.:thumbsup:

7. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

yeah, and so far nobody has really shut him down. Now OU did score more than his team did, but he has put up pretty big numbers this year, so it's 'put up or shut up' time for CU. And since I have seen CU hold many teams to well below their average, I am looking forward to seeing what CU can do against him.

Reading Tigerboard.com, they don't think CU can hang, don't think Cu can hold them to 20 points, and have already said (in many posts) that CU can't beat them, they can only beat themselves. Pretty stupid, if they play perfect, they will win. That's any team on any day. And if you **** up due to pressure, then it usually is because the other team put the pressure on yourself, not because all of a sudden you got stupid. Well, except for Pinkle. He does just go suddenly stupid every November. Can't wait to see if it happens again!!:smile2:

8. BUFFSROCKS

BUFFSROCKS Club Member Club Member

FIXED IT FOR YOU!

9. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Just hope the Buffs can knock the snot out of him...as opposed to him digging it out on the sideline.

10. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

The comment doesn't really bother me too much

11. SteelCity Buff

SteelCity Buff Member

I think the key will be if we can contain him once we get pressure. I'm still pissed thinking about Reesing's scrambling in the KU game.:bang:

12. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Good point Steel. If we are bringing heat, that means Dizon, Jones and company have to contain the Daniel. They have a heavy load to cary with the QB plus some TE coverage this week. Luckily we have the best (Dizon) and an average to good one in Jones. We'll see!

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

In the same article in which he was quoted, the CU guys said something to the effect that Daniel's must not have paid much attention to the defenses CU runs. They said that the vary their coverages quite a bit and disguise them quite a bit. They don't just run cover 1 all the time. The took it as Daniels not showing them any respect. :thumbsup:

14. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

How many times have we've been beat with big passes this year? I can't remember that many..

Hawk knows these kind of offenses and how to stop or slow them down..

Confident we'll get the job done on Sat..

15. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

I hope the Buff defense shuts him down. Is he cocky? Yes he is, but I guess he has a reason to be. He plays well, but if you guys can get some pressure on him I'm willing to bet that he will crack. :thumbsup:

16. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Mizzou is already looking ahead for KU. Reminds me of OU before the RRS.
    Keep overlooking Daniels.

17. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Let them overlook you guys because we all know that this football season no team can overlook the next team on it's schedule. Go Buffs! :thumbsup:

18. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Well, Daniels cemented my opinion of him as the best QB in college football. Great arm, good decisions, mobile he is the total package.

19. TwoAdays

TwoAdays Banned BANNED

Re: This Daniel guy is a ****ing clown..

thanx for the jinx!