1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This explains a lot.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by GoldenBuff, Aug 12, 2009.

1. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

So I was reading the ringo article on Miller and Givens and when I got down to the bottom, I found a quick blurb about simmons' status. I also found the reason why we have so much trouble getting JUCOs.

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2009/a...ig-foes-to-big-friends-on-o-line/?partner=RSS

Any one want to bet against KjSU accepting D's?

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I believe everybody in the Big XII except Texas and CU accept D's.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea my son ran into that because he had a D in his first year so he's not too thrilled about having to take a Calculus class over. But he also decided very late to transfer and didn't get everything in on time so he's gonna have to wait until Spring anyway. :huh:

4. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Irony?:confused:

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

This is conflicting with my Navy training which taught me, "if it wasn't good enough, it wouldn't be called the minimum.":smile2:

7. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I never understood this. As long as you graduated High School what is the problem? The guy did this and has some college credits to his name. How does this affect his standing on being allowed to play? Doesn't it just affect what year he is considered to be in? If he has more than 24 credits that CU accepts, then he is a Sophomore, less than that and he is still a frosh.

When I transferred in, CU cut me down from a Junior to a Sophomore. I lost a solid semester by about 10-15 credit hours not being good enough for CU. Not reallly complaining, I was better for it in the end, but it did come across as a scam to get more money for CU.

8. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Some schools have higher standards than others. CU is one of them.

I don't see it as a negative, BTW. Just makes it harder to get JUCO guys in.

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

The problem is that Simmons did not have the minimum requirements for admission to CU as a freshman. He either did not have the minimum ACT score, or he did not have the grades. Therefore, the only way he could ever be accepted to CU would be to come in with an Associate's Degree from an accredited Junior College.

10. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I have no problem not taking D transfer grades. I would prefer that a kid not get into school, vs. getting in, taking a scholarship, and then not being able to maintain a C average. Thus wasting a scholarship we could have used on someone else.