What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This hurts

Skidmark, the word to use to hide an image is "hide", not "spoiler".

(In case you want to edit in the selfie of your 3-pack sack again.)

Skidmark, the word to use to hide an image is "hide", not "spoiler".

(In case you want to edit in the selfie of your 3-pack sack again.)

Thanks, Nik. I'll just PM Illegal Jesus instead.

And yes. Getting kicked in the nuts hurts 50% more.

Ouch.

That hurt so much. I was there. The team had momentum. the crowd was in it. Ouch.

The gamut of emotion in this game was crazy. When we went down 17-0, I was sitting in my seat with my head buried in my hands. I posted something like, "This is what gets coaches fired." That is how down I was and how dire it seemed. Then we scored and I was like, "Well, only down 10, maybe...." Then they marched right down the field to go up 17 again. Then the crazy end to the first half. At the end of the game, despite the outcome, I was all back on board again. No longer angry, just kind of bummed. At the end of the game I kept trying to convince myself that we were not going to have some sort of collapse and actually pull the upset. :sad1:

For me, it hurts the most because I was "sure" that we were going to win at the end of the 4th quarter, in the 1st OT and even I the 2nd OT. Furk.

It really does hurt to be a Buff fan tonight. We are better but damn, I must have really done something nasty in another life to get this much bad karma. Just tough.

I guess our new thing is being used to brutally close losses. I was much more distraught after Cal and OSU. Beats being numb to losing by 40 like a couple years ago, but ****, at some point this program has to catch a ****ing break and win some ****ing games. When you have a chance to win, ****ing go for it. I know Sefo being mistake prone is part, but playing for field goals as an underdog isn't going to bring wins.

I was sure we were gonna win in OT until Tedric went down. took the energy out of the stadium to some degree, and gave the UCLA defense a loooooooong break. After that, I felt like the loss was gonna come cause we wouldn't get the stops we needed unless the O woke up.

I was sure we were gonna win in OT until Tedric went down. took the energy out of the stadium to some degree, and gave the UCLA defense a loooooooong break. After that, I felt like the loss was gonna come cause we wouldn't get the stops we needed unless the O woke up.
Yeah, I had the same concern. We had them gassed and that break gave them a big breather.

Gotta hand it to Oliver. He was solid today. Made every kick, buried every kickoff. Good job.

Should have won today.

Why do you say that we should have won? Given how the game started, we should have been blown out. Stop starting games in a daze and falling behind by three scores and we might have a better chance. Too much focus on the finish of games and not enough on the beginning.

I guess our new thing is being used to brutally close losses. I was much more distraught after Cal and OSU. Beats being numb to losing by 40 like a couple years ago, but ****, at some point this program has to catch a ****ing break and win some ****ing games. When you have a chance to win, ****ing go for it. I know Sefo being mistake prone is part, but playing for field goals as an underdog isn't going to bring wins.

Yep. For a team that may go winless in-conference we certainly play "not to lose"

That game was great. The team fought through lots of stupid young mistakes, the fans got more and more into it as time went on, the refs were just bad enough for us to blame a few things on them but not the loss. I am emotionally exhausted and thoroughly hungover.

It it does hurt, but it feels great to be feeling something. These Buffs are coming and I'm pumped to go watch them next week.

Thinking about it all night this is it guys. We are going to be rewarded for all this. The Buffs are going to be great again and soon. Year before last, we would have been done at the end of the first qtr. I just wish the kids could celebrate, they deserve a win. The BUFFS are on their way back.

Tedric was spying Hundley all game to, don't think it's a coincidence that they ran him after

As we pulled close, tied and went to OT, I kept fighting the fear of something bad happening: a stupid mistake, a turn over, a bad call. Something. So this is what it's like to continue to get close only to fall short. I wonder if the team, in the backs of there minds, worry about the same thing and kind of over compensate by being too careful or tentative?

Thinking about it all night this is it guys. We are going to be rewarded for all this. The Buffs are going to be great again and soon. Year before last, we would have been done at the end of the first qtr. I just wish the kids could celebrate, they deserve a win. The BUFFS are on their way back.
I guess I'm not seeing anything that would suggest future greatness. Future mediocrity, at best, but there have to be serious questions about the willingness of the staff to take the risks necessary to even be good, let alone great.

I guess I'm not seeing anything that would suggest future greatness. Future mediocrity, at best, but there have to be serious questions about the willingness of the staff to take the risks necessary to even be good, let alone great.
And those risks are...?

Glad you can see into the future. How should I invest in the stock market? I assume you expected Mac to come in here and immediately make the team older, bigger, stronger and load 'em up with 4 and 5 star guys. Any thinking person knew that this was not going to be easy and would take time. No instant gratification unless you take over an underachieving group and turn them around.

Last edited:
And those risks are...?

I personally wanted us to go for it on 4th and 2 at the end of regulation. UCLA's D was tired and wasn't stopping us. Also we had basically the entire playbook available during the 1st OT but kept running RB screens. Take a shot at the end zone or something over the middle. Go for the win... but we went super conservative

And those risks are...?
You can't be serious?

The shell of an offense we ran on three straight possessions at the end of regulation and OT? Which is made worse by the fact we food the same thing against Cal in OT. There was no reason not to take a shot at the end zone at some point. The defensive scheme is vanilla. And it's not just on-field coaching. From the staff composition to recruiting to play-calling, it's very apparent this is a risk-adverse staff. I can't think of a single example of a time where HCMM and company made a decision that I viewed as truly innovative or as an aggressive, risky decision. I'm not sure why you would even argue this point. Actually, yeah, I do know why...

Glad you can see into the future. How should I invest in the stock market? I assume you expected Mac to come in here and immediately make the team older, bigger, stronger and load 'em up with 4 and 5 star guys. Any thinking person knew that this was not going to be easy and would take time. No instant gratification unless you take over an underachieving group and turn them around.

Of course it's going to take time. I never said otherwise. But to argue the fact that this staff is extremely risk-adverse is arguing for the sake of arguing.

Of course it's going to take time. I never said otherwise. But to argue the fact that this staff is extremely risk-adverse is arguing for the sake of arguing.
John Fox is "risk averse." Many coaches are "risk averse." Managing just about anything is managing risk. They are only "risk averse" when a play doesn't work. Second guessing after the fact is so damned easy. If we could get do overs every time, we'd all be great coaches.

Back