What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is all about Hawaii

The difference between the average QB and the really good QB is usually consistency. Sefo is not a good long ball thrower, yes he can hit it once in awhile. This year he has not been as accurate and it is showing up in the offensive struggles. Last year he completed over 60% of his passes in 11 out of 12 games, this year he has only done that once out of 5. His passing is definitely off - last year he had thrown 10 tds at this point of the season and this year he has thrown 5.

Honestly I am not even sure it is about Hawaii. I think a case could be made that the biggest reason for the current search for a pound of flesh is related to something that has nothing to do with MM or Sefo or our injuries or out depth or really anything related to CU Football.

If Oregon had beat Utah I would venture a guess that at least a close majority of people would be happy with the outcome of last weeks game. Instead, Oregon **** the bed (which even good teams do) and everyone around here is ready to fire everyone.

I do not think we are a great football team, but if you can't look at how this season has played out and see at least a general trajectory toward a better future I think you are nuts.

Honestly I am not even sure it is about Hawaii. I think a case could be made that the biggest reason for the current search for a pound of flesh is related to something that has nothing to do with MM or Sefo or our injuries or out depth or really anything related to CU Football.

If Oregon had beat Utah I would venture a guess that at least a close majority of people would be happy with the outcome of last weeks game. Instead, Oregon **** the bed (which even good teams do) and everyone around here is ready to fire everyone.

I do not think we are a great football team, but if you can't look at how this season has played out and see at least a general trajectory toward a better future I think you are nuts.

what trajectory are you talking about? he haven't won a SINGLE conference game. Jon Embree had more conference wins!

The difference between the average QB and the really good QB is usually consistency. Sefo is not a good long ball thrower, yes he can hit it once in awhile. This year he has not been as accurate and it is showing up in the offensive struggles. Last year he completed over 60% of his passes in 11 out of 12 games, this year he has only done that once out of 5. His passing is definitely off - last year he had thrown 10 tds at this point of the season and this year he has thrown 5.
I disagree - I think Sefo shows good touch on his long ball. Its his intermediate throws that are terrible.

To me it is not about Hawaii. It is about watching this team and realizing it is not very good. Youth is no longer an excuse, we were suppose to be bigger and stronger, attrition was no longer a problem, these were all sold to us as key points in rebuilding the program and now it appears the foundation really is not there. CSU was almost as depressing as Hawaii except we won but it showed we were not on par with the rest of the conference.

This is about lost of hope.
We are not even on par with the Mountain West. I think that Colorado would be a middle of the road MW team this year. Looking at the 12 teams in the Mountain West, I honestly think we are only better than 4-5 teams maximum

The CU fan base is like a woman who has been cheated on over and over. Yes we have endured some bad things, but now we have behaviors that reinforce the cycle. Wake up...some of this is on us!

I've never understood how the CU fan base is responsible for the W-L record of the football team.

I disagree - I think Sefo shows good touch on his long ball. Its his intermediate throws that are terrible.

I'm no expert but I kind of think he could put more loft on the long ball to give the receiver a chance to get under it in case it is slightly off target. When he lasers it to guys and overthrows it they have no chance, where we could let the receiver make a play if they can just get under it.

The cheated woman dreams unrealistically of prince charming, but despairs at every text message, every stray glance, every mix up. They become bitter, angry, impatient and create the environment no man, let alone no prince charming, can humanly tolerate.

We don't have prince charming, we have joe the plumber...a nice guy who gets us a condo in the suburbs.

I don't even know how to respond to some of this sh*t...

I don't understand why the Oregon loss is the one that seemed to tip the board. I also don't understand the bolded perspective, which has been repeated ad nauseam and always without any reasoning whatsoever. Maybe reality will sink in after ASU pounds us by five TDs.

No offense to the current or the last CU HC, or many of players over the last 5 years, but what many seem to have in common is apparently a significant deal of misplaced confidence or hope. Is this a necessary part of amateur sports? Possibly? Hypothetical: If you have offers from, let's say, Southern Utah, Army, Northern Colorado, San Jose State, and Idaho, and CU, AND if CU has won 2, 3, or 4 games per year over the past 5 years, do you enter CU with a high expectation of personal or team success? If so, I would suggest that you fell off the rationality train somewhere at the last bend. What is telling you that you can consistently function at the P5 level? Your relatives? The CU recruiters? Your high school girlfriend? Likewise, Embree and MM. What were they thinking when they took these jobs? This is why I find it hard to criticize the CU players performance or program, and conversely, to have much hope for it right now given the circumstances and the roster. I'll continue to watch and pull for improved outcomes, but CU football has become more and more a petri dish of a college football Peter Principle.

I don't understand why the Oregon loss is the one that seemed to tip the board. I also don't understand the bolded perspective, which has been repeated ad nauseam and always without any reasoning whatsoever. Maybe reality will sink in after ASU pounds us by five TDs.
+1, being so out-athleticized like that, and seeing us at the bottom of Pac-12 recruiting, how are we looking at anything but more of the same for the foreseeable future?

what trajectory are you talking about? he haven't won a SINGLE conference game. Jon Embree had more conference wins!

If Conference Wins is the only metric, then you are right we are worse now than we were 3 years ago. If you have actually watched a game and can still say the 2015 team is worse than the 2012 team, then I don't know what to tell you. I know this. 3 years ago Oregon was beating us by 50 with their eyes shut. Now they are running double reverses and reverse passes to win close games.

This thread needed to be bumped.

All the bitching after a win.

All the posts about firing coordinators or the HC.

It's all due to the fact that the Buffs lost at Hawaii.

If the team was 5-3 (1-3) with that win on the books this board would be completely different in tone.

Hawaii was the stupid loss. Mistake after mistake after mistake by CU. A chance to win against Oregon and ASU, yet I didn't hope for wins before the season so not torn up about that. AZ was a great chance for a win until the damaged LB core was finally exploited by the running QB that they could not counter. We will see how it plays out but I hoped for a win at WSU that looks less likely to happen at this point. However...you never know when they will 'Coug it'. We have a chance still. If we do win that one, and find another win somewhere (not a clue how that can happen at this point) then the Hawaii game will just that much more.

If the team was 5-3 (1-3) with that win on the books this board would be completely different in tone.
trooof

Hawaii was a cluster of epic proportions. This staff can not afford to have any more of those games in 2016.

At this point I kind of disagree. Hawaii is still the main reason, but we looked horrible at ASU, crumbled in the 4th against UofA, and barely beat a terrible OSU team (still nice to win than lose, obviously). The problem is it appears we will lose the rest of the games on the schedule unless we pull a major upset. A lot of us expected this, but a lot of people were predicting a bowl game. Even with a Hawaii victory, that would have required three conference wins and we are likely to win only one. That's ****ing terrible regardless of the Hawaii game. We aren't improving fast enough to keep up with the conference. The Hawaii loss is additional evidence.

Can't argue with that. That UH game knocked me off the Mac bandwagon. All the talk, all the hype, all the promises and they come out and look like complete and utter ****.

We don't even have the Hawaii game on the road and it looks like we would have a legitimate shot at bowling sitting at 4-2. Bohnhead FTL. Winning 7 games is tough to do when the team is not used to winning. 6 would have been easier regardless of the opponent (not to mention having a real bye week).

Yeah, the Hawaii game really set the tone. What got me about that loss was that it was entirely on the coaches. That game was a complete and total coaching fail.

Up until then, I was willing to give the coaches a little bit of a pass regarding their football coaching skills, it's hard to compete without talent and depth (not willing to give them a pass on recruiting though). But that game really exposed a lot of the coaching deficiencies on the staff.

Random post that's a couple months late and probably of no interest to anyone: If we would have looked even decent at Hawaii, maybe I go to 1-2 home games this year... Maybe I actually make a point of watching the games live (which, you know, I wouldn't have considered ever missing a game as recently as 5 years ago). Instead, I felt the typical shame, embarrassment, disappointment, maybe a tinge of sadness, and it's taken me half a season to try and allow myself to get emotionally invested in this team again.

Not sure what my point is except that man these losses have taken a toll over the years.

Back