What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is all about Hawaii

The blocked punt, Fields' muffed punt, and Powell's fumble. Take away just one of those and I think the Buffs win. Another season where the Buffs just can't seem to get out of their own way.

What's demoralizing now is the offensive game plan seems to be designed to reduce mistakes, in other words playing not to lose and hope the defense can make stop after stop. Really not much to get excited about really.

Think it is worth throwing Arizona into the title.

Yeah. That was a home game and the Buffs were firmly in control until they decided to give up 2 90+ yard drives while turtling on offense. It was like they collectively realized the moment they were in and went into shell shock.

Hell, we all know know we've let a few get away. We play well enough to stay in it and have a chance, need to learn to finish somehow someway. If anybody deserves a bowl, it's Spruce, dude has balled from day 1. Welp, gotta have 3 outta 4. Not likely but maybe, just maybe, yesterday will light a fire under their ass. It's gonna go either up or straight in the toilet after yesterday imho.

Yeah. That was a home game and the Buffs were firmly in control until they decided to give up 2 90+ yard drives while turtling on offense. It was like they collectively realized the moment they were in and went into shell shock.

Zona is straight tanking now as well. I think making the argument that this team should be at 6-3 is a stretch, but I think you could make a reasonable argument for 5-4. That hurts.

Zona is straight tanking now as well. I think making the argument that this team should be at 6-3 is a stretch, but I think you could make a reasonable argument for 5-4. That hurts.
You think it's a stretch to think this team could be 6-3 or even 7-2 right now?? You think wins over Hawaii, AZ and UCLA are a stretch?

You think it's a stretch to think this team could be 6-3 or even 7-2 right now?? You think wins over Hawaii, AZ and UCLA are a stretch?
Yes. We were just as close to losing to CSU and Oregon St as we were to beating UCLA or Zona.

Air Force didn't seem to have any trouble playing on the islands, they beat Hawaii by 51 points last night.

Then again, CSU beat Air Force.

Syllogistic comparisons in college football don't always mean much, but that Hawaii loss was a bad, bad thing for CU. I agree with the point that we were close winning against UCLA, Arizona, and even Oregon, but we were just as close to losing to OSU or CSU. Had we beat UH to stand at 5-4 right now, I'd be feeling a whole lot better about this year. We shouldn't have lost or been even close to losing. What a dumb game to schedule.

Air Force didn't seem to have any trouble playing on the islands, they beat Hawaii by 51 points last night.

Then again, CSU beat Air Force.

Syllogistic comparisons in college football don't always mean much, but that Hawaii loss was a bad, bad thing for CU. I agree with the point that we were close winning against UCLA, Arizona, and even Oregon, but we were just as close to losing to OSU or CSU. Had we beat UH to stand at 5-4 right now, I'd be feeling a whole lot better about this year. We shouldn't have lost or been even close to losing. What a dumb game to schedule.
Had you until your last sentence

I think it is a stretch to have this team winning every tight game thus far. But I think it is reasonable to say they should have picked up another win along the way.

Ok. That just means that it's not a stretch for us to be 2-7, instead of 4-5, but it doesn't mean it's a stretch to say we could be 7-2 also.
Yes it's a stretch to think we should expect to win every close game and not drop any - this team doesn't win close games against quality opponents.

I think it's completely possible that we could be 2-7, but if we lost @ OSU it would have been our fault. Hawaii and yesterday were our fault. UA and CSU? I don't know.

I think the point is, if we make the plays we should make, we could be 7-2. College players never make all the plays they should though, so it's more of a question of eliminating as many mistakes as possible, especially dumb ones.

I really think a more confident team that is more used to winning could be 6-3 right now, though I'm still not sure if we'd be able to go bowling.

Had you until your last sentence

You're right. It's not a dumb game to schedule, it was just a dumb game to lose and I'm bitter. I see the merit in an extra winnable game for team trying to get over the hump. I don't know how tied their hands were, but I would hold that its a dumb, or at least tough, game to schedule first.

Tough game to schedule to start the season and very tough to start at 11pm mountain. That's the part that makes me really bitter.

Cu is the poors with games like that. Ugh

Tough game to schedule to start the season and very tough to start at 11pm mountain. That's the part that makes me really bitter.

Cu is the poors with games like that. Ugh

That's how I felt early in the season. But seeing how terrible Hawaii has been, there's really no excuse for losing that game.

Back