What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is CU's luck since spring.....

buffsyko

Club Member
Club Member
WR Smith- transfer
OL- Tau- suspended
OL -Simon- attending juco
QB/ATH - Moten- still waiting word
WR simmons- Still waiting word
DL Nuckols- greyshirt?
LB Katoa- gone
WR simas-suspended 2 games
QB Ballenger -transfer
OL head - done/ineligible
DL kasa- injured/may still play

That's a good amount of talent.....

Holee Scheisse! The Hawk is badluck schlep-rock!! Someone needs to remove this fukin curse!!

ALl this **** has to turn around sometime, I hope to hell its on the field.

No ****, I mean it happens everywhere but it seems we get more of it and it's players we can't afford to lose if we want to take that next step. We need all hands on deck.

that list hurts our depth for sure, but only has marginal impact on the potential starters...

i'm still not in the DOOM camp yet.

No ****, I mean it happens everywhere but it seems we get more of it and it's players we can't afford to lose if we want to take that next step. We need all hands on deck.
season ending injuries happen... I just hope we don't lead the country in them again :(

that list hurts our depth for sure, but only has marginal impact on the potential starters...

i'm still not in the DOOM camp yet.

I'm nowhere near doom but we need mostly everyone on deck to have the season we fans,hawk and the players want.

We are fine at most positions but WR and DE are two we don't need injuries are any other nonsense.

Last year at this time that list looked like this:

Chris Perri- dismissed from team
Kai Maiava- transfer
Wes Palazzi- transfer
Jarrell Yates- transfer
R.J. Brown- concussions
Riar Geer- Suspended from first games of season
Simas- Academics
Tau- Academics
Katoa- Academics & Discipline
Fataagi- Academics
Lamont Smith- Academics
Espinoza- Broke collarbone
Lockridge- Injury forced him to redshirt
Major- ACL tear
Iltis- ACL tear
Hudgins- ACL tear
Burney- Multiple surgeries
Vigo- greyshirt

We then lost Stewart, Brace, Miller, MTM, Vaiomunga, Celestine, Walters, and Dykes during the season.

Last edited:

Kai Maiava- transfer
Wes Palazzi- transfer
Jarrell Yates- transfer
R.J. Brown- concussions
Simas- Academics
Tau- Academics
Fataagi- Academics
Lamont Smith- Academics
Major- ACL tear
Iltis- ACL tear
Hudgins- ACL tear
Vigo- greyshirt

I would like to compare the last 2 off-seasons for CU vs every other NCAA program and see if anyone has had a worse fate. I doubt it.

Kai Maiava- transfer
Wes Palazzi- transfer
Jarrell Yates- transfer
R.J. Brown- concussions
Simas- Academics
Tau- Academics
Fataagi- Academics
Lamont Smith- Academics
Major- ACL tear
Iltis- ACL tear
Hudgins- ACL tear
Vigo- greyshirt

We then lost Stewart, Brace, Miller, MTM, Vaiomunga, Celestine, Walters, and Dykes during the season.

yates didn't transfer, just quit the team. still that is another tough list to look at.

Kai Maiava- transfer
Wes Palazzi- transfer
Jarrell Yates- transfer
R.J. Brown- concussions
Simas- Academics
Tau- Academics
Fataagi- Academics
Lamont Smith- Academics
Major- ACL tear
Iltis- ACL tear
Hudgins- ACL tear
Vigo- greyshirt

We have had some tough breaks, but we need to continue to build depth and take some academic risks to compete.

Syko, you make a good point but, I think you would see similar attrition in top programs. Our problem is their Ministry of Propaganda has the local media (BDC/Denver) and school/admin (admissions/Hoffman/Disc. Committee) under control, plus an unwavering fan base.

Back