1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is moving too fast for Texas....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I think their best move is to keep the B12 together as it is now and not make any haste moves to conferences two time zones away where they won't control the conference like they do now. If the Texas government wants to keep all the schools together their best bet is to invite TCU and Houston to the B12 and call it a day.

All this talk of some schools going to SEC and some to the PAC and letting Baylor float off like a fart in the wind seems dumb and like something they won't be able to fix.

2. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

What makes you think Texas is in control ? It's ever team for themselves now.

3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

One thing that I have not seen mentioned by anyone is the impact to ABC/ESPN from a blown-up Big 12. Might they have an incentive to re-negotiate the current deal, giving more money to the conference for an extended term, considering the conference could be gone in 2 years? Or, will they simply shift their resources to the Pac 1X? I am certain that they are analyzing the scenarios.

Arguably, ESPN is better off with keeping the rest of the Big 12 intact under a long-term television deal.

4. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Obviously the PAC is in charge, but whatever offers the PAC has given out, it is up to Texas and I am talking about the state of Texas. I am sure the government is holding something over UT and saying that these schools must stay together and the PAC is telling UT that you can only bring one stepson. You know if a school does something that the government doesn't like, there will be some sort of hell to pay for that.

If the state of Texas wants these schools to stay together they better find two new schools to bring into the B12. TCU seems like a no-brainer, the Houston and BYU seem like good options for the last spot. If it doesn't work in a few years they can still join the PAC as I am sure the PAC won't expand with anyone else other than Utah.

5. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I think even the politicians in Texas know that a Texas only conference already failed once and probably shouldn't happen again. The governor has stated that he will not get involved with expansion, maybe because he is secretly hoping aTm goes to the SEC. This is really starting to go down in a way that could be perfect for Colorado.

6. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Shocker. This is a 180 from what you've been saying all week.

7. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

No, I have pretty much been on that train from the beginning. And I still don't think the PAC will go to 16 teams. From what I have read, all the PAC schools have to agree on each new member and I can't see both the AZ schools willingly seperating themselves from their 30 year old comfort zone and into the unknown.